Evangelion 3.33 You (Cannot) Have It

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me seveal times and lead me on a two year wild goose chase that makes me think less of the guy who frount runs this whole stupid affair, get through a table.

Manga really need to announce this at MCM London otherwise they'll lose many pre-orders to the U.S. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the U.S. Never got rid of the pre-order for the film, whereas UK Amazon did?

Lutga said:
Manga really need to announce this at MCM London otherwise they'll lose many pre-orders to the U.S. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the U.S. Never got rid of the pre-order for the film, whereas UK Amazon did?
With all the issues manga have been having (or had) with QC on their releases I'd be more likely to pre-order the US release instead of restoring my UK version pre-order (it isn't like funimation releases aren't fault free).

Interested to see how the English dub ends up being like in the end - I'm literally dreading it being a Japan-enforced overly literal thing (as that was rumoured to be the main hitch that was holding things up).

The famous case was that apparently if they hadn't relented in the past, the dub would have had them referred to as 'first children / second children' etc. instead of 'first child' and so on, and full of other such Engrish which would have been forced to remain uncorrected in the dub.

Shiroi Hane said:
FUNimation have authored the UK BDs for the Eva movies thus far anyway, so there shouldn't be much scope for anything to go wrong.
Considering the amount of funimation releases that are AB recently have had manga making their own masters and have made a complete pigs ear out of them, I'd rather not take the risk that they'll do it again (besides, will we even be getting the forth film since relations between manga and funimation have gone south after they were sold by starz).

Given the amount of dates and promises preceding the one we have now, I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. Hell, I won't be convinced it's actually out until I'm holding it in my hands.

Back