dont you just hate it when.........

animefreak17 said:
iv hit a nerve on you.
IV apparatus tends to do just that.

stock-photo-656038-iv-bag-and-pole.jpg

animefreak17 said:
i hate it when im watching a disc and it skips or stop, but when you look at the disc and its not scratched you think why is it skipping then.

I hate it no matter what... although sometimes when there's only a tiny tiny mark on a disc that can affect it, I have a reliable disc cleaner down the road that has never failed to repair a scratched disc o mine =3

Sparrowsabre7 said:
animefreak17 said:
i hate it when im watching a disc and it skips or stop, but when you look at the disc and its not scratched you think why is it skipping then.

I hate it no matter what... although sometimes when there's only a tiny tiny mark on a disc that can affect it, I have a reliable disc cleaner down the road that has never failed to repair a scratched disc o mine =3

you mean those disc cleaners at game station something like that

I take good care of my discs so I don't have any problems. I do have clean rentals though, as some people seem to think the bottom of the disc is where fingerprints go!

i take care of my collection i try not to touch the bottom of the disc but heres the thing, i cleaned my FMA discs the last time i watched them & i haven't watched them for a year but when i had a look at them they had blotches of dirt on them, it was easy to clean off tho.

alexrose1uk said:
Mmmm, the number of rentals I've had that have been scratched, dirty etc etc is not funny. People treat stuff like **** if they didn't pay for it :(

OH MY GOD I KNOW, RIGHT? I seriously wonder what the hell people are doing with these things... the number of discs I've had from lovefilm, even relatively new releases, which are scratched to all **** is just ridiculous...

My rentals come from lovefilm too and it is really bad at times, you'd think they'd clean them upon return.
But saying that, I had a disc that didn't work the once and reported it and they sent me a new CD and another copy of the broken one (so I ended up with an extra CD) which I thought was good.

I doubt the rental companies really care about the condition of the disc either. Once they've paid for themselves, anything else is profit. If a rental disc makes it to even a hundred rentals before needing to be replaced they're in the money, and it's quicker and easier for them to just buy more. Then the used discs can go rot in landfill for fifty years until we need to dig them up and melt them into diesel fuel.

I remember when my older brother got Amelié through LoveFilm. Apparently, just as the film got to the climax, the disc buggered up. Fortunately, they sent out a different copy.

Personally, if I see anyone not handling a disc correctly in the house, I usually give them a rant...especially if it's mine.

All my disks have been fine that I have had from LoveFilm (good portion was anime though :lol:) apart from one time where one of the pouches for the disks was literally falling apart from the corners.

Joshawott said:
Personally, if I see anyone not handling a disc correctly in the house, I usually give them a rant...especially if it's mine.

Kind of reminds me that in the old days I used just shove all discs in a pile, but I've seen the error of my ways and I would do exactly the same thing!

Joshawott said:
I remember when my older brother got Amelié through LoveFilm. Apparently, just as the film got to the climax, the disc buggered up. Fortunately, they sent out a different copy.

Mmm, it's the same when people borrow my stuff, I get all Q on them "I expect this to be returned in PRISTINE condition" It really hacks me off when people don't treat MY stuff with respect. I would never go into their house and start fiddling with their stereos or whatever.

with 18 pages I cant read them all so if this has been said, I apologise, but I hate it when I'm about half way through a series and then there'll be one episode which is basically a recap, a compilation of clips from previous episodes, and though you want to skip it you wont JUST IN CASE there's a tiny bit of new material somewhere in that episode, so you have to sit through the whole episode just because they might have put something else in there. GAH!

otaku010884 said:
with 18 pages I cant read them all so if this has been said, I apologise, but I hate it when I'm about half way through a series and then there'll be one episode which is basically a recap, a compilation of clips from previous episodes, and though you want to skip it you wont JUST IN CASE there's a tiny bit of new material somewhere in that episode, so you have to sit through the whole episode just because they might have put something else in there. GAH!

I don't know if it has, but that bugs me too. Especially when it's a series I've already watched and I can't remember if it's got non-repeated material in it so I can't afford to skip it lol.

@Sparrowsabre7 and otaku010884

i wouldn't mind recaps if they was in series that has episodes with in the 100s but recaps in 12 to 26 or in 50s-60s episodes are unnecessary infacted recap episodes are unnecessary if your a fan. there was a recap episode in gurren largann but that was for tv ( hotspring episode )

otaku010884 said:
Hah, a great one to call out. I have taken one for the team in the past and watched clip eps just to see if there is any new content at all, and pointed out the time in the ep where it is if anyone else who is following the series doesn't want to miss it. It should be mandatory to inform people about that if you're going to make a clip ep.

Maybe it could be a good idea to open a thread about recap episodes, similar to the one about anime that was cut. People write when an episode is a recap, if it has new footage then write the minute where it is, if not then write it's pure rec(r)ap and can be skipped.

Teo

Not a bad idea, but I'm not sure I'd be bothered to check lol. I know that Death Note's recap has new footage from slightly before the midway point to the end, so I usually skip to that chapter and rewing a bit :p

Back