i put the dogs food on
i watch a anime half way though * if its a series *
I go on my paper round
i come back continue watching the rest of the series
go on my run
comeback have a bath
go on the internet
and after that go to bed

but today my dads not at work and he asks me to stay and watch tv with him * cause he doesn't like being alone* and if i dont he'll be funny with me, its ruined my routine for the day.

it be better if i was all by my self

^ So we're just hating on everything now? Not just stuff that bugs us about anime?

alexrose1uk said:
Use the SPOKEN name, not the westernised name.

Not sure I agree 100% with this... I mean this is the kind of nonsense that gives us Arucard instead of Alucard, which is clearly not right... though there are times when I agree Kallen instead of Karen (this wasn't used in the official dub/sub for CG but a lot of fansubs did use it)

Alucard wasn't right though, was it? His name was deliberately written incorrectly (much like the title Hellsing itself). Or so I thought; admittedly, Arucard sounds dorky so they could probably have gone with a better rendering of it.

AF17, you should ask to compromise by suggesting you stay and watch anime with him instead. Then show him something special from your collection :3

R

Rui said:
Alucard wasn't right though, was it? His name was deliberately written incorrectly (much like the title Hellsing itself). Or so I thought; admittedly, Arucard sounds dorky so they could probably have gone with a better rendering of it.

AF17, you should ask to compromise by suggesting you stay and watch anime with him instead. Then show him something special from your collection :3

R

@Sparrowsabre7

my routine has something to do with anime im good with timing i try to make sure i watch a anime after doing my chores but if something comes up and it takes me away from my routine it'll ruin my watching time.

@RUI to tell you the truth im not sure hes interested in anime, he knows i loves watching anime but hes not someone who'll watch any anime, altho a few years back he asked me to watch one of my animes with him and i chose fma and he kept falling asleep half way though the episodes and the last episode we got up to was the flame vs metal episode ( funny episode) i think he enjoyed it

@Rui but to be honest i think he found it a lil strange ( we've all at first thought anime was strange at first ) i also introduced hetalia to him but he fell asleep lol i find hetalia very very funny.

anyways -

i like watching my animes in private where its nice and quite.

when it comes to helping out il do it without question but he wants me to sit with him watching something ( he hates being alone )

animefreak17 said:
@Rui but to be honest i think he found it a lil strange ( we've all at first thought anime was strange at first )

I STILL think it's strange :p You'd have to be pretty mad not to admit such a fundamental aspect of anime lol.

@Rui: Was it? Well that is just plain wrong. Hellsing is mispelt sure, but it adds a new connotation and is a bit different. Arucard is just because the Japanese have no "L" and it makes no sense. Make a new name if you're gonna bastardise it like that, if you want Dracula backwards, spell it the same or it makes no sense, even LESS so considering that the series is set in England. That said Integra being a "sir" is pretty messed up too...

animefreak17 said:
ilmaestro said:
animefreak17 said:
i found out theres a season 2, which i cant find
You are either the best or the worst detective, ever.

i didn't know there was a second series thats all
I didn't know they'd given you your first series!

animefreak17 said:
but today my dads not at work and he asks me to stay and watch tv with him * cause he doesn't like being alone* and if i dont he'll be funny with me, its ruined my routine for the day.
The sympathy, it is not flowing towards you.

It's not written like Arucard (Arukaado) in Japanese though, it's written Aakaado IIRC. Or something like that (not a fan of the series :D). Something which wouldn't naturally lead to the romanised spelling that was used.

I wonder what kind of show Animefreak17: The Series would be.

R

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Not sure I agree 100% with this... I mean this is the kind of nonsense that gives us Arucard instead of Alucard, which is clearly not right... though there are times when I agree Kallen instead of Karen (this wasn't used in the official dub/sub for CG but a lot of fansubs did use it)

That wasn't actually what I meant
In this same context, I also dislike it when the subs say a first name when they've just really obviously been refered to by the last name, it doesn't gel and it just reeks of being lazy/sloppy.

Different pronunciations is one thing (Arucard/Alucard, Holo/Horo etc), what I meant was say a characters using someones family name, but the subtitle track saying thier first name.

To use Sousuke Sagara as an example, I've seen plenty of subtitle tracks where someone might say something like Sagara-kun, whereas the subtitle track will say Sousuke. If the verbal track says a name, I think the subtitle track should use the given name, not the character's first name or whatever.

Viz did that with Honey & Clover and it drove me up the wall. Hearing a character being referred to by their surname and reading their first name in the subtitles causes a kind of cognitive dissonance. It was enough to make me switch over to the dub... but that was fecking terrible so I quickly switched back and just put up with it.

@Lawrence
............................................................OMG I didn't think of that *spending time with him* Im so stupid thanks a million Lawrence ^_^

by the way how ya been?

il try to watch rideback tomorrow.

Back