dont you just hate it when.........

ok this gets on my nerves

1 when a main character gets mind controlled and they lose there sence of self and are controlled by the enemy and the enemy says theres no way he or she can brake feel of the mind control, and 5 min later he or she takes control of them selfs for a few second-
iv seen this alot in animes the bad guy takes control and the bad guy says they totally under there control and it cant be broken but this rule isn't Applied to the main characters they get a few minutes of talk time while under there controlled.

I don't hate it, but it consistently amuses me how often anime characters make a vocalisation that is not a word all the "mm" "nn" "hhrr" etc

Also the number of times people just leave sentences unfinished "This... this power...." "I can't..." "But I..." etc.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I don't hate it, but it consistently amuses me how often anime characters make a vocalisation that is not a word all the "mm" "nn" "hhrr" etc

Also the number of times people just leave sentences unfinished "This... this power...." "I can't..." "But I..." etc.
just their equivalent of going "ermm..." or adding tons of "like"s.
Also it's partly a lost in translation issue. The sentences are often much more complete in Japanese, but still cut short. Very hard to ensure the spoiler they'd cut off the end is still cut without cutting it much earlier in English.

It cracks me up when during a dramatic moment one phrase/sentence is split between 2 people.

Eg.
Character A ' Its eating...'
character B ' The Angel!!!!'

or A ' HIS POWER LEVEL IS...'
B ' OVER 9000!'

It just makes the speech seem really artificial.

Sparrowsabre7 said:

I believe "mm" and "nn" are actually informal ways of saying yes and no.

some of you might know the revolutionary girl series is?

well you know how they release something like say a middle or a end of a series e.g. the revolutionary girl movie was released then you watch that first then you find out the movie is the end of a series.

animefreak17 said:
some of you might know the revolutionary girl series is?

well you know how they release something like say a middle or a end of a series e.g. the revolutionary girl movie was released then you watch that first then you find out the movie is the end of a series.

The Utena movie is a retelling of the series, therefore can be watched at anytime (I first saw it after watching the original CPM boxset 1 of the series).

Other examples are Eureka 7, Blue Gender and Escaflowne - all movies can be watched independent of the series.

animefreak17 said:
you know how they release something like say a middle or a end of a series e.g. the revolutionary girl movie was released then you watch that first then you find out the movie is the end of a series.
So you hate it when you watch a series in the wrong order because you don't look up the order it should be watched in beforehand? I think there's a fairly simple way to solve that particular problem.

Hint: fifth hit, ANN.
ANN said:
Plot Summary: In a loose retelling of the Revolutionary Girl Utena TV series...

Genkina Hito said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

I believe "mm" and "nn" are actually informal ways of saying yes and no.

No, I'm not talking about situations like that, I mean like when someone goes "I have totally figured out your plan and will destroy you bwahaha" and the other person goes "nnnn..." in a vaguely angry way or in a surprised way :p

I've always presumed they do that because... the Japanese thing to do in that situation is to audibly vocalise your surprise or anger (but in a somewhat non-committal way)? I could be wrong, but I don't imagine anime made up new ways of behaving, but rather copied real life instead.

ayase said:
I've always presumed they do that because... the Japanese thing to do in that situation is to audibly vocalise your surprise or anger (but in a somewhat non-committal way)? I could be wrong, but I don't imagine anime made up new ways of behaving, but rather copied real life instead.

Mmm... :p

Yeah, I guess I've never seen any real japanese people respond to the news that their plans for world domination have been foiled so I wouldn't really know.

I dislike when some anime show really slow pace move and fight. I really dislike when naruto and bleach love too much talk through fight. I want say come on fight now. I not like when anime series when no-one is dead yet, I not understand it because if you go to war and someone has to died. It is match to real life.

Taka88 said:
I dislike when some anime show really slow pace move and fight. I really dislike when naruto and bleach love too much talk through fight. I want say come on fight now. I not like when anime series when no-one is dead yet, I not understand it because if you go to war and someone has to died. It is match to real life.

thats because when two people are evenly matched they talk while fighting you know the ( why did you do this,) non of this had to happen.......... its more dramatic that way

I'm really pissed off when there are so many series that I don't have and I want them in my collection so bad I have to wait til april til I start collecting again

Back