Beez Entertainment too! Unconfirmed rumour as yet!

For ****'s sake. looks like i am importing now then. I am not giving my money to manga anymore. I will give some to MVM but this is pretty much the end of my relationship with the UK anime scene

Wow, Madman are stepping up to the plate. I'd prefer non-PAL R1s, but if nobody grabs Gosick before Madman can sort it out I'll add it to my increasingly expensive-looking Australian order plans!

R

Just Passing Through said:
Good-ish News!

Madman Ent have Facebooked that even without Bandai, they'll release Gosick and Nichijou, sub only if they have to.

Gosick

Nichijou

2012 looks to be the year that my bank balance gets hammered by R4 imports instead of R1!
And when that time comes, you'll have to share where R4 DVDs can be imported from.

Madman sell R4s directly, and their service when I bought from them before was good. I was planning to do an EzyDVD order though soon as a test to grab some Siren Visual anime (and Earthworm Jim :D).

R

Well, that's some good news. I doubt however they will make it to region two. I can't recall if MangaUK deal with them. I know StudioCanal do but that's only with films like Ghibli.

Ian Wolf said:
Well, that's some good news. I doubt however they will make it to region two. I can't recall if MangaUK deal with them. I know StudioCanal do but that's only with films like Ghibli.
Don't almost all of MangaUK's masters come from Madman?

Ian Wolf said:

Most of Manga's stuff is from Madman, they are really close. The main issue is that Manga hate releasing anything sub-only, so if that does happen I'll assume it's never coming here.

R

I think Beez and Kaze create their own PAL masters as they are selling across Europe, and need the audio need to be multilingual.

MVM and Manga and Studiocanal snaffle the Australian Masters for the UK releases, as all they need is English and Japanese audio, so for them the discs are usually Madman or Siren authored. The clue is usually in the credits screen at the end of the disc... always the same names, and a Madman logo...

I've got my eye on the Siren R4 Durarara discs, as they are bi-lingual, and cheaper than Aniplex's release. I want to hear if the subs are OK on them though.

Rui said:
Ian Wolf said:

Most of Manga's stuff is from Madman, they are really close. The main issue is that Manga hate releasing anything sub-only, so if that does happen I'll assume it's never coming here.

That in itself is annoying to me, because I only really watch subs.

Just Passing Through said:
MVM and Manga and Studiocanal snaffle the Australian Masters for the UK releases, as all they need is English and Japanese audio, so for them the discs are usually Madman or Siren authored. The clue is usually in the credits screen at the end of the disc... always the same names, and a Madman logo..
It is not "snaffling" as such - the masters are not identical; they are authored by Madman using their materials and equipment but are UK-specific which is why you have Manga's logo not theirs at the front.

Ian Wolf said:
That in itself is annoying to me, because I only really watch subs.
Just be glad for all the dub fans subsidising you.

ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:
Net result; as far as Stock is concerned, fine.

As far as knowing 'the hell is going on, not so.

megagold5 said:
kaze_andrew said:
Nobody is dead as of yet here - at least as far as the UK is concerned anything that was scheduled for release will continue and whatever stock is available will continue to be so right now.

On a personal level I'm looking to see what can be done to avoid anything more drastic ala in the USA. I'll hopefully have more information later this month for folks on this though.
Andrew

Just WHO do you work for? You seem to have a hand in every pie. :p
And yet none on the steering wheel.

What a messy perdiciment to be in

Edit: https://twitter.com/#!/Tony_Kun/status/ ... 9949490176

Tony_Kun: @BeezEnt Can we assume no new titles?
BeezEnt: That'd be a fair assumption.

That's not "dead" but it's not a damn sight far off it.
That's essentially the same as the US situation.
Keep existing titles in print until they expire.

Reaper gI said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:
Net result; as far as Stock is concerned, fine.

As far as knowing 'the hell is going on, not so.

megagold5 said:
kaze_andrew said:
Nobody is dead as of yet here - at least as far as the UK is concerned anything that was scheduled for release will continue and whatever stock is available will continue to be so right now.

On a personal level I'm looking to see what can be done to avoid anything more drastic ala in the USA. I'll hopefully have more information later this month for folks on this though.
Andrew

Just WHO do you work for? You seem to have a hand in every pie. :p
And yet none on the steering wheel.

What a messy perdiciment to be in

Edit: https://twitter.com/#!/Tony_Kun/status/ ... 9949490176

Tony_Kun: @BeezEnt Can we assume no new titles?
BeezEnt: That'd be a fair assumption.

That's not "dead" but it's not a damn sight far off it.
That's essentially the same as the US situation.
Keep existing titles in print until they expire.

So "dead" then.

[/quote]
And when that time comes, you'll have to share where R4 DVDs can be imported from.[/quote]

I've got from devoteddvd by ebay in the past as the way they post to the uk enters royal mail's system without going into customs etc

Only problem I have with them is that it's nearly impossible to find anything on their website unless you know exactly what your looking for.

Back