Beez Entertainment too! Unconfirmed rumour as yet!

Just Passing Through

The Wildcard
Uk Anime Net are reporting that Beez ceased to exist as a going concern as of December 2011, citing French sources...

So stock destroyed in riots, plus company ceasing essentially means that Beez has been erased from existence, and there can't even be that last minute scramble to fill those last few back catalogue gaps.

This all has to be confirmed by a UK statement of course, although with the way that the Bandai situation developed at the instigation of Namco Bandai Holdings in Japan, I won't be surprised if Beez goes the same way. :cry:

On a personal note...

So much for Durarara

Noooooo! Awful news, if true. They became my favourite UK company then vanished within the space of a year.

I'm so glad to have received my Tatami Galaxy set yesterday now.

R

Andrew, please tell me I can still get a copy of Bebop. I had it preordered since November, and now HMV are saying it's out of stock and "Waiting Stock Allocation".

Paradox295 said:
Andrew, please tell me I can still get a copy of Bebop. I had it preordered since November, and now HMV are saying it's out of stock and "Waiting Stock Allocation".
Wait they got hold of Bebop? If so, I hope that at the very least that gets released.

I need to look up their catalogue now...

This is not good news :(

No freaking way, urgh. I enjoyed practically all their releases.

I pray this rumor ends up being false .. :/ I was really looking forward to that Durarara boxset.

Pardon my language but....f---ing hell...

Unfortunately, I didn't get around to finishing Gundam 00 season 2. I looked yesterday, but I couldn't find volume 2 anywhere - only volume 3. Sure, Beez Entertainment's releases were really expensive (the only non-Sound of the Sky titles I purchased as of late were Anime Legends) but still...

Joshawott said:

Unfortunately, I didn't get around to finishing Gundam 00 season 2. I looked yesterday, but I couldn't find volume 2 anywhere - only volume 3. Sure, Beez Entertainment's releases were really expensive (the only non-Sound of the Sky titles I purchased as of late were Anime Legends) but still...

Anime on Line have Gundam 00 S2 V2, but like you say. Not cheap.

They cost a bit more but they actually provided things I couldn't just get elsewhere, which made them by far the most important UK company to me. They also did some lovely premium content like the Wolfs Rain book set. This is the worst UK anime industry news I have heard in ages (if true).

R

fabricatedlunatic said:
The article states that Beez ceased to exist as of 2nd December, but they've released Tatami Galaxy and Cowboy Bebop Anime Legends since then. How's that work?

Good point ..

Whilst I'm not ready to call it until we get a source in English (though without Andrew there to be The Only Sane Man™ I could totally see them just buggering off without telling anyone in English) this could be catastrophic if the only horses we have left are a a retarded half bread that occasionally gets possessed by the ghost of Red Rum (Manga with Kazé being Red Rum) and a Donkey (MVM).

fabricatedlunatic said:
The article states that Beez ceased to exist as of 2nd December, but they've released Tatami Galaxy and Cowboy Bebop Anime Legends since then. How's that work?
Hmm.. has anyone got the Bebop boxset?

Paradox295 said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Hmm.. has anyone got the Bebop boxset?

Just checked Play, its in stock there, as well as Amazon.

Just Passing Through said:
Joshawott said:

Anime on Line have Gundam 00 S2 V2, but like you say. Not cheap.
Just checked my account. I would have had enough, but my Mum has suddenly taken £74 walkies...and she owes me £65 already.

fabricatedlunatic said:

Companies usually prepare inventory some time before the actual release date. There probably would have been Tatami Galaxy and Bebop sets ready to be shipped at the end of November, beginning of December. Also, it's a production line process... Get masters, prepare check discs, QC, replication, packaging, distribution and so on, many of which contracts are with external companies, and contracts that it will cost money to break. Even if central office shuts, the momentum of those final few releases will see them through, unless the collapse is utterly catastrophic as in ADV.

Gah...

I've recently been aiming to make some what of an effort to get a few more titles from Beez.

I was planning on getting both the Gurren Lagann Anime Legends and Sound of the Sky. However i'm not in a position where I can get them now >_>

This along with importing any Bandai titles of interest, this is a bad start to the year.

Back