Beez Entertainment Discussion

The Time Traveller said:
I still haven't seen Escaflowne and I'm not sure how to get it, the US Anime Legends box or the UK one, the UK one is cheaper and has characters totally doing it on the cover but the PAL-ness probably makes it look like crap. I reeeeeeeaaaally prefer NTSC but I'm not sure whether it's actually worth importing.

Though I hear awful things about Beez encoding still...

If it's any help, I had the option of the two, and opted to pay more for the Bandai release, which I'm watching now. It isn't the prettiest of DVD transfers, after all it is 11 years old now, and no doubt NTSC-PAL issues will only exacerbate stuff like rainbowing and shimmer.

But the real reason I went for the US release is the UK release has missing subtitles for the end of the final episode, and I prefer my anime subbed when I watch it.

Just Passing Through said:
If it's any help, I had the option of the two, and opted to pay more for the Bandai release, which I'm watching now. It isn't the prettiest of DVD transfers, after all it is 11 years old now, and no doubt NTSC-PAL issues will only exacerbate stuff like rainbowing and shimmer.

But the real reason I went for the US release is the UK release has missing subtitles for the end of the final episode, and I prefer my anime subbed when I watch it.

I have no doubt the picture will be worse but I prefer subs too so I'll be importing, thanks.

beez_andrew said:
ilmaestro said:
I would guess "no chance" of a BD release. It only sold around 3-4k in Japan, and I'd guess you could drop the "k" from the end of its sales figures for here.

Sadly this is correct - as there are no US plans for BD to my knowledge when I was off out of Beez then this is the case.

Checked today to verify and it's still the case. Sometimes it's just unfortunate but the way it has to be...

Andrew
Somewhat of a shame, since the show has some beautiful background and location artwork, but clearly the sensible option. I'll still probably buy the DVDs to gift to my sister or something.

Hi Andrew,

I went to order Cowboy Bebop Complete Collection (Remix) to replace my Region 1 copies and it seems you can't get it anymore. Will it be re-released? or am I stuck with R1 copies?

Hmm. I wonder how that's gonna pan out.

Given the age of Bebop now, it really SHOULD be a candidate for a budget re-release. Classic or no, I really believe there has to be some acknowledgement of that when it comes to RRPs.

Think about it: Cowboy Bebop for £40 or a bit less? Hmmrmm...

Cowboy bebop for £20 or even less - instant purchase for many, I suspect.

beez_andrew said:
Sadly this is correct - as there are no US plans for BD to my knowledge when I was off out of Beez then this is the case.

Checked today to verify and it's still the case. Sometimes it's just unfortunate but the way it has to be...

Andrew

It's fine, I was just curious, I'll still buy the DVD's when they come out (also varies on the dvd case as well however that's just me being picky)

Three questions, answer whichever and dodge whichever.

1- Any idea on if Big O is being successful and likely to get the second half of the series done?

2- Gurren Lagann, is the complete box set still planned for release?

3 - I've been watching an anime called Nana recently thats pretty nice, any chance beez is looking into it?

Thanks.

Voddas said:
I too would like to know if there's a Gurren Lagann Boxset on the cards? :D

And if so, would it come with anything (figure/artbook?
Regardless of if i have it already.... i'm ready to put down money for a boxset too :p

Stuart-says-yes said:
Tachi- said:
Voddas said:
I too would like to know if there's a Gurren Lagann Boxset on the cards? :D

And if so, would it come with anything (figure/artbook?
Regardless of if i have it already.... i'm ready to put down money for a boxset too :p

Agreed, I hear it is quality anime at its premium.

It really is, Just look at the dvd "cases" they come in, its different to other titles, if you where to put them on a surface on their own you'd be interested in them, not just think "oh... just some dvds"

The Story might annoy some, ( i know chaos didn't like kamina but liked the rest of the series) but i really enjoyed it, as a anime fan who doesn't enjoy mecha... i loved this title. manages to connect to a range of fans who normally wouldn't go for a "mecha show"

If they do bring it out in a fancy boxset. stu... you've gotta buy it :p

Gotta say again, thanks to andrew. I spoke to him in may last year, he said i'd enjoy it and he wasn't wrong :)

--Sigil--Otaku-- said:
Three questions, answer whichever and dodge whichever.

1- Any idea on if Big O is being successful and likely to get the second half of the series done?

2- Gurren Lagann, is the complete box set still planned for release?

3 - I've been watching an anime called Nana recently thats pretty nice, any chance beez is looking into it?

Thanks.

Looked into this on my lunch break:

1 - Yes

2 - Yes, hopefully in time for May MCM Expo :)

3 - They weren't aware of it but will look into it :).

Andrew

NANA was an awesom series but equally as disapointing. It ends with the urgent need to purchase the manga but at the time I didn't have the funds. The need has subsided now like, but was pritty soul destroying at the time.

Voddas said:
NANA was an awesom series but equally as disapointing. It ends with the urgent need to purchase the manga but at the time I didn't have the funds. The need has subsided now like, but was pritty soul destroying at the time.

So your saying that the story is good, but the only thing that let it down was that you had no money for more? surely that proves that its worth venturing into.

*adds to list*

Back