Beez Entertainment Discussion

It's true. Most manga's are superior to the anime adaptation. I'm not well educated in teh world of manga but this is what I have found in my case. Monster, however, is scene for scene with the anime. I read the manga first so I didn't end up watching the full series due to not having long read the manga. Still have it home to watch at some point like.

Sorry, changing the thread to general discussion now. I'll finish there. :p

Jayme said:
The anime will continue when the manga has finished. That's been known for quite some time now.

where did you hear that?

Also seen Nana and found it to be quite excellent. Watched it simply because i wanted to watch something else with rock n roll after K-On. I think i completed the whole series in a 3-4 days because it was that engrossing to watch

It was definitely a piece of news a while back, even the reliable source Wikipedia states it - ugh! While searching for it though, it seems like the author was taken ill and hasn't starting drawing again? That sucks. There was an announcement at the end of the first season apparently. Don't know how reliable that is now. Hmm.

I can confirm that NANA's manga is indeed incomplete due to the long term illness of the mangaka. Viz caught up with the Japanese volumes then had to stop as well. I hope she gets better soon.

NANA's anime doesn't strike me as a series with a massive amount of British sales potential but you never know :s

R

Andrew, a few weeks ago on Twitter you said you'd be announcing the next wave of Anime Legends titles soon... any more word on what they might be or when you're going to let us know?

Also, a few other questions;

*Is there a boxset for Gundam 00's first season coming out?

*When are the Gundam Zeta trilogy movies coming out on DVD? They're out Xbox Live but when can we see them on disc?

*Any more classic Gundam series coming out in AL form?

*Any word on Gundam Unicorn and whether it's getting a regular DVD release and retailed in normal shops?

*Although i've yet to watch 00, are you planning on releasing the movie, Awakening of a Trailblazer?

*Just so you don't think i'm a Gundam fanboy - when is the Gurren Lagann boxset coming out?

Thanks for the time :)

Rogue257 said:
Andrew, a few weeks ago on Twitter you said you'd be announcing the next wave of Anime Legends titles soon... any more word on what they might be or when you're going to let us know?

*When are the Gundam Zeta trilogy movies coming out on DVD? They're out Xbox Live but when can we see them on disc?

*Any word on Gundam Unicorn and whether it's getting a regular DVD release and retailed in normal shops?

*Although i've yet to watch 00, are you planning on releasing the movie, Awakening of a Trailblazer?

*Just so you don't think i'm a Gundam fanboy - when is the Gurren Lagann boxset coming out?

I'd like to know about Gurren and Gundam boxes too but so I'm not just a "me too" Andrew's said earlier in the topic they should both be out as anime legends boxsets this year =)

Rogue257 said:

I am also interested regarding the question about Gundam Unicorn but im more interested to know why we havent had vols 2 and soon to be released vol 3 out on bluray yet? Extremely frustating in a way

I think he still talks to Beez or is involved in some way with the company, hence switching between his two accounts depending on what the question pertains to.

chaos said:
AFAIK, Andrew does not work for Beez anymore. Not sure the new people post on the forums...

I'm actually still in contact with them though and as part of things at Kaze have agreed to keep helping out as a good faith thing for the UK industry too. So I may be slower with Beez answers now but I'll still have them.

I sense you'll want a new thread for me at Kaze soon - should have a great piece of info next week too before I fly to Tokyo for TAF...

Rogue257 said:

First ones in line-up for 2011 are Planetes, Code Geass Season 1 and Gurren Lagann - more to follow...:)

Rogue257 said:

I believe it's on the cards for this year, yes.

Rogue257 said:

By October I'd imagine - not checked the updated 2011 schedule yet but Sarai-ya Goyou and Tatami Galaxy are also both about then.

Rogue257 said:

Not currently - but they're constantly looking into it :).

Rogue257 said:

None of yet but its in talks - I know that much as I still get on very well with Sunrise so watch this space :).

Rogue257 said:

No official word on this yet - but after 00 S2 it'd be a logical next step. No license discussion yet though on that.

Rogue257 said:

It'll be ready and at London MCM Expo first - so come by the Beez stand there to get that or it'll be available the day after in shops.

Sorry for delay replying, I'm extraordinarily busy right now with 5 massive projects on the go!

Andrew

Thanks from me to, there are a few very interessting answers. I hope the second AL- Code Geass Box will come August/September. :p

Durarara!! vol. 2 should be shipping this week, hopefully the subtitle issue from the first volume will have been addressed. Looking forward to it, it feels like forever and and age since the first volume arrived.

Indeed, my copy of Gundam 00 Season 2 Part 2 shipped yesterday. Noticed that both Play and HMV have listed Part 3 for release on 30th May too.

Back