Beez Entertainment Discussion

Fudce said:
How shortly is shortly? :p

(and when can we expect more info on Gundam UC?

And G-Gundam. And Victory Gundam. And Gundam Wing. And Zeta Gundam. And Turn A Gundam. And Gundam X...

:wink:

Okay, I'll stop now!

HdE said:
Fudce said:
How shortly is shortly? :p

(and when can we expect more info on Gundam UC?

And G-Gundam. And Victory Gundam. And Gundam Wing. And Zeta Gundam. And Turn A Gundam. And Gundam X...

:wink:

Okay, I'll stop now!

Those are all old series getting streamed (well, some of them at least - Wing and Zeta for sure)

Unicorn is a new one that we've been told is coming, just not when.

Don't get me started on the whole streaming Gundam thing!

I want DVDs, dammit!

Partly it's because I live in a region where streaming isn't really viable anyway - some places still have dodgy Broadband coverage. But I'd rather have DVDs anyway. I like to own a re-watch stuff on my supa-big Tee-Vee.

Aha - I was chatting with folks about that on the NEO forums.

Sadly, searches for Gundam Wing region 2 box sets haven't turned up anything but ludicrously over-priced Remastered Edition box sets. I won't pay £100 (in some cases) for a show that old.

Even that is listed on some retail sites as 'discontinued by the manufacturer'.

A prime candidate for the Anime Legends line, methinks!

HdE said:
...searches for Gundam Wing region 2 box sets haven't turned up anything but ludicrously over-priced Remastered Edition box sets. I won't pay £100 (in some cases) for a show that old.
You should have been around last year when Aion found it mis-priced for about £3. And yes, they did honour it.

I would be very happy to see Anime Legends Gundam releases (especially the entire UC timeline) but I'd be even happier to see Blu-ray.

This 'Windeedy' had better be Unicorn.

Gundam wing for £3.00?!? Bargain-tastic! :eek:

And yeah, I'm keen to see Unicorn get a decent releasein the UK. It looks fantastic!

It literally beggars belief that there isn't more Gundam available on DVD in the UK. I've imported a lot of region 1 releases like War In The Pocket, The 08th Team (a REALLY strong series) and Stardust Memory - which is my personal fave of the UC stuff.

The original series from 1979 (which is enjoying a fair bit of popularity in the free streaming Gundam madness) is almost impossible to track down on DVD - it's only available as compilation movies here. Plus, we've never had Zeta Gundam, which plenty of the Gundam fanboys I know rave over.

It's crazy - I mean, Gundam is THE mecha anime.

If Beez gave us these shows, I'd be all over them like a shot! Heck, I'd buy two copies of each out of gratitude!

A UK release of Gundam unicorn would be the little bit that tipped me over the edge into getting a PS3.

I was hoping with the anime legends line we may of seen a lot of the gundam shows america got, i mean over there they are seeing a re-release of the original movies. I would kill for Turn A Gundam, ZZ Gundam and Gundam X mind. Not too fond on the 0083 OVA.

Andy: This is a long way off i know but can I assume that we'll be getting the Gundam 00 movie over here?

Mention of Gundam brings HdE forth as surely as a flame entices a moth.

BlackWolf said:
I was hoping with the anime legends line we may of seen a lot of the gundam shows america got, i mean over there they are seeing a re-release of the original movies. I would kill for Turn A Gundam, ZZ Gundam and Gundam X mind. Not too fond on the 0083 OVA.

I'll second that sentiment (although I love 0083 in all sorts of unnatural ways) - and as long as we're addressing questions to Beez directly - are those of us without Blu-ray players REALLY going to have to go without Unicorn, as has been suggested elsewhere?

I just got Gundam 00 Vol 3 in the post from amazon marketplace. Is it supposed to be missing disc art on the second disc? =/ I assume not, I've contacted the seller but we'll see what happens.

Speaking of production errors...

Just got to episode 21 of Gundam SEED in the new Anime Legends box set. There's a bizarre fault which occurs at two points in the episode where the audio track appears to speed up! It's like the characters have taken a gulp of helium!

Anyone else notice this? Is it just my copy?

HdE said:
Speaking of production errors...

Just got to episode 21 of Gundam SEED in the new Anime Legends box set. There's a bizarre fault which occurs at two points in the episode where the audio track appears to speed up! It's like the characters have taken a gulp of helium!

Anyone else notice this? Is it just my copy?

Just to clarify is this the ep where they are in the desert fighting the Desert Tiger? If so then don't worry too much as its a fault found in all copies of that Vol, I own the singles and that's there as well.

From Twitter:

BeezEnt
Our Head of Acquisitions is laughing at his desk, he seems to have acquired another license he likes...more on this post Tokyo Anime Fair!

BeezEnt
He's a big meanie though and won't say anything 'til he's signed them in blood, ink or whatever they do these things in! All he does say is

BeezEnt
...this one hasn't been licensed, or announced, for the USA yet. We'll start some guessing games in April/May no doubt!

Very interesting!

BlackWolf said:
HdE said:

Just to clarify is this the ep where they are in the desert fighting the Desert Tiger? If so then don't worry too much as its a fault found in all copies of that Vol, I own the singles and that's there as well.

Yup, that's the one. I suspected as much.

Hmm. Now I'ma little concerned about my Eureka Seven box set. I heard there was a fault in the original release of that, so I'm expecting it to be present in the AL box set as well. Poo.

It would be too sick if they licenced Dennou Coil, so I don't think it will be that. Something not as actually good but more high profile would be my guess.

Nice catch BAKA. I'm hoping it's Rose of Versailles purely because I have no actual idea what they have and if I keep mentioning it maybe one day it will happen :(

Another Gundam series would of course be welcome. Hope the games start soon!

R

Back