Beez Entertainment Discussion

BAKA said:
Andrew, What's happening with Sword of the Stranger? I understand it was pushed back to today, and nowhere seem to have it instock. I noticed Amazon have changed their date to the 9th? Will these still be the 2 disc edition first print? Please tell me you didn't sell them all at expo and now they'll all be 1 disc editions :cry:.

If you've not received a copy yet let me know as something very strange is going on then if so!

- Andrew

ThegreatPirateKing said:
Hey there, I just wanted to ask some questions about the Gurren Lagann sets.

Why was the English Audio track altered from the 5.1 included on the American sets to the 2.0 on the UK ones?

It wasn't altered by us to my knowledge, those were the materials we received I'm afraid!

ThegreatPirateKing said:
What happened with the encodes of the earlier discs since the 4th looked much better than the first 3?

We beat one of the encoders round the head with a big stick til they improved? Other than that just luck of the draw to an extent with this company, we're looking at other options too but there are some contractual issues in play there.

ThegreatPirateKing said:
Will there be a Limited Edition box set of the 3rd set? The first volume of the manga and the backpack are still available if we consider the American releases. If not, why not make one including keychains from GE Animation?

No LE for the third but we did include extra materials on DVD of the Making Of etc so there's a lot of on DVD extra there! I'll keep keychains or such in mind for any future GL releases we do though :).

- Andrew

Ryo Chan said:
Hey andrew, dunno if you can answer this as it's more of a bandai question, but any info on why Code Geass which got relased as a 3 part series for R1 has been changed to a 4 part series for R2? and if Beez are going to go down the same path?

seems a bit odd making fans pay £20 more for a 2nd series that's an identical running time

As you know, we don't stick to US disc counts always as shown from current works like Code Geass for example. So we'll be aiming to stay consistent for R2 as well with a 2 set release :). Unless something drastic happens I don't see that changing anytime soon and if it does you'd get a full explanation from me.

- Andrew

bowspearer said:
Hi, I'm an Australian who already owns the Madman release of Gundam SEED but heard that the last 5 minute episode that was omitted from the Australian and US releases was included in the UK DVD release. Is this true? If so I will very strongly consider replacing my Australian release with the UK version.

Yes - it includes it and will be in the Anime Legends set as well!

- Andrew

Tachi- said:
Andrew, How do i get a job working for Beez? :)

We advertise all job opportunities here: http://www.beez-ent.com/company.php?&lng=en - though at present we have no positions open I'm afraid! Effectively with times being tough financially even for successful companies new openings in the Anime industry are going to be very slim indeed.

More generally I'd advise taking a degree in marketing and a foreign language (either French, German or Italian for EU anime or if you want to work with Japan more closely then Japanese is a must) then don't focus purely on anime but entertainment as a whole for marketing or similar. Then when a role comes up apply - that's a pretty good way to go on it ^^. And even if you didn't see a role available you'd be able to go after something in a related area easily too!

beez_andrew said:
BAKA said:
Andrew, What's happening with Sword of the Stranger? I understand it was pushed back to today, and nowhere seem to have it instock. I noticed Amazon have changed their date to the 9th? Will these still be the 2 disc edition first print? Please tell me you didn't sell them all at expo and now they'll all be 1 disc editions :cry:.

If you've not received a copy yet let me know as something very strange is going on then if so!

- Andrew

I did get it! Received it on the 9th. The unexpected delay made me believe perhaps I'd missed out on the 2 disc edition despite pre-ordering early, so I was panicking! Thankfully that wasn't the case :)

beez_andrew said:
So we'll be aiming to stay consistent for R2 as well with a 2 set release :).

Yay :D

beez_andrew said:
ThegreatPirateKing said:

Why was the English Audio track altered from the 5.1 included on the American sets to the 2.0 on the UK ones?

It wasn't altered by us to my knowledge, those were the materials we received I'm afraid!
Is that all you can say? Because that sounds like some vague "The Americans get 5.1, but the Europeans, eh, they'll be fine with 2.0", which is insane.
More than happy to be wrong about that.

Zeouterlimits said:
beez_andrew said:
ThegreatPirateKing said:

Is that all you can say? Because that sounds like some vague "The Americans get 5.1, but the Europeans, eh, they'll be fine with 2.0", which is insane.
More than happy to be wrong about that.

I'll look into it some more - but ultimately it's a case of we have to make do with what materials we're sent - it's not a conspiracy or otherwise on it all I'm afraid :).

Will let you know if I hear anything more back from production on it though!

beez_andrew said:
Tachi- said:
Andrew, How do i get a job working for Beez? :)

We advertise all job opportunities here: http://www.beez-ent.com/company.php?&lng=en - though at present we have no positions open I'm afraid! Effectively with times being tough financially even for successful companies new openings in the Anime industry are going to be very slim indeed.

More generally I'd advise taking a degree in marketing and a foreign language (either French, German or Italian for EU anime or if you want to work with Japan more closely then Japanese is a must) then don't focus purely on anime but entertainment as a whole for marketing or similar. Then when a role comes up apply - that's a pretty good way to go on it ^^. And even if you didn't see a role available you'd be able to go after something in a related area easily too!

Thanks Andrew.
I guess i could brush up on my german and do a few courses, it sure beats working for the NHS lol.

You answered my second question before i even asked it too lol. SO i don't really need to be an otaku to get a job....but more a marketting approach would work. :thumb:

Any idea if there will be any Beez bargains in the sales after Christmas? Do you inform retailers of price cuts or are the January sales more retailer driven?

I'm hoping to replace some of my R1 stuff, because PQ looks poor from DVD to HD TV compared to Blu-Ray Player upscaled DVD to HD TV. I could get a multi-region Blu-Ray player I suppose...but I'm sick of the hassle importing, when Bandai USA are so hit and miss with glitches. :cry:

beez_andrew said:
Try MVM's Anime-on-line as they just stocked up in it from returns from HMV (hurry though as they only got 6 of them)! If you mean the super deluxe version anyway :).

- Andrew

Only just spotted this, £80.. am I nerdy enough to buy that or do I wait for the cheap anime legends :) Its only money!

stuart-says-yes said:
andrew will we see lucky star or hayate the combat butler make there way over here or has it not sold well enough in america to make it worth will

check a few pages back and you'll get what the current view on LS is :wink:

Do you have any update for us about Gundam Unicorn Andrew? Bandai US are again talking about it, and the previous talk of the simultanous worldwide release has been raised again.

Hi Andrew, Sort of an add on to what Fudce has just asked. I just read that the Bandai Channel in america is going to start putting gundam shows up for stream, at the moment it says it will be North America only (i hate region blocking) is there a chance we'll see something similar? It said in the article that more shows would be added, and since the only other two gundam shows that got to amercian shores was the original series and G Gundam, i can't help but think that the other shows like ZZ, V and X may get a subtittled debut (this is just conjecture of course)

Still any idea if we will get to join in on the streamed shows?

Fascinatingly the news posts explicitly said North America and Europe when they first appeared, which has now been changed to NA only. My friends were confused.

I am not that bothered about the current streaming plans as I have all the listed shows on DVD. I would be extremely interested in any Beez news about Unicorn though. And indeed ZZ, V, X and Turn A while BlackWolf is asking ;)

R

Fudce said:
Do you have any update for us about Gundam Unicorn Andrew? Bandai US are again talking about it, and the previous talk of the simultanous worldwide release has been raised again.

I do indeed - but I need to wait for full details to be locked down before I discuss anything in greater detail. Just a few hiccups that need working out as we're looking at a different release method than the usual for it (it adds a few hiccups that need working out hence my delay in discussing it)!

So in short more information on it will come shortly but yes I do have an update and it's coming in more detail soon :).

BlackWolf said:
Hi Andrew, Sort of an add on to what Fudce has just asked. I just read that the Bandai Channel in america is going to start putting gundam shows up for stream, at the moment it says it will be North America only (i hate region blocking) is there a chance we'll see something similar? It said in the article that more shows would be added, and since the only other two gundam shows that got to amercian shores was the original series and G Gundam, i can't help but think that the other shows like ZZ, V and X may get a subtittled debut (this is just conjecture of course)

Still any idea if we will get to join in on the streamed shows?

Any titles that become available streaming wise in the US for Gundam will also be available from the UK is my understanding of it based on internal discussion. I'll have a press release within the next week or two but yes there is more than a chance that you'll see something similar.

I'll let you more very shortly as I say but this should give you the bulk of your answer as to how it's going to be :).

More information to come shortly, then.
If I interpret this correctly, then it would appear that my initial scepticism was perhaps misguided when I first heard of Sunrise's distribution plans.

Back