Beez Entertainment Discussion

beez_andrew said:
hopeful_monster said:
Hmm Shame about Scrapped Princess, but reading between the lines does this mean we may be seeing Darker Than Black, Ayakashi Ayashi and/or The Skull Man some time soon.... please please pretty please let it be DTB, but my money's on Ayakashi Ayashi .
Reading between the lines can be fun can't it? Sadly it often doesn't get you very far :p. Wait and see anyway ^^.
Please tell me it's not Jyu Oh Sei . That show was so bad it makes the Phantom Menace look good. It makes stabbing yourself in the privates with rusty farm implements look good.

Akaten said:
Hey beez andrew, a trio of question to fling your way;
Lack of subtitle version of Wolf's Rain on Anime Central when hack/sign has a subtitle version shown in the morning, any particular reason for that?

I'm afraid that's an issue that someone from Anime Central should answer as opposed to myself as it sounds like one to do with technical problems more than anything! Given they are still finding their feet, hiccups like this will occur every so often sadly!

Akaten said:
Does Beez still have any business relationship with Bandai Visual following the releases of the two Patlabor films?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here? We're both part of the same big family really so we do have a business relationship :).

Akaten said:
Any chance of seeing Flag (first volume out this week in the US from Bandai Ent) released in the UK? Looks like an interesting show, might receive a positive response from the likes of Total Film or Sight & Sound...

Flag's definitely an interesting title and there's always a chance - but right now who knows?

Akaten said:
Thanks in advance!

Not a problem - hope I was of some use ^^;!

beez_andrew said:
Ryo Chan said:
Code Geass i believe u mean Bandai have the rights for releasing in 2008, so if we do get it, i'd say late 2008/09

Guessing release dates is all well - but with current release dates, you face very little delay on a US -> UK release to be honest. Nonetheless guessing dates doesn't really get you far either XD.

i must of missed the part when mai hime vol 6 wasn't 6 months behind the US release and still going :p

Ryo Chan said:
beez_andrew said:
Ryo Chan said:
Code Geass i believe u mean Bandai have the rights for releasing in 2008, so if we do get it, i'd say late 2008/09

Guessing release dates is all well - but with current release dates, you face very little delay on a US -> UK release to be honest. Nonetheless guessing dates doesn't really get you far either XD.

i must of missed the part when mai hime vol 6 wasn't 6 months behind the US release and still going :p

Though keep in mind that was a materials problem - it wasn't a planned delay - we had to send the materials back on our side to get them remastered. Take a look at titles like .hack//Roots and Eureka Seven etc for a better impression :).

beez_andrew said:
Ryo Chan said:
beez_andrew said:
Ryo Chan said:

Though keep in mind that was a materials problem - it wasn't a planned delay - we had to send the materials back on our side to get them remastered. Take a look at titles like .hack//Roots and Eureka Seven etc for a better impression :).

well eureka 7 has only really caught up with the region 1 because for some reason they seemed to take a 4 month break from releasing the newer volumes. :p

but enough speculating, we'll can come back down this path in a years time when Bandai start releasing Code Geass ^^

Akaten said:
Regarding Beez/Bandai Visual after the second Patlabor film I'd have thought Gunbuster would've been next but haven't heard anything on that, Wings of Honneamise as well. Both were shows that got me into anime in the late 90s, would love to watch em again. DVD only mind, so we don't have to second guess the Blu Ray/HD DVD stand off ^_^. And for what its worth if you do decide to release Flag in the UK, I'll buy it!

Gunbuster is a very interesting title, as the last time it was released in the UK it wasn't meant to be (there's a long story behind that though)! License-wise it's the usual reply though, cannot confirm or deny at present I'm afraid!

It's always a difficult issue to talk about really - suffice to say it's not my remit!

Akaten said:
One last thing out of curiousity are the airing of older shows held by Beez on Anime Central leading to an increase in sales, or is it too early to tell?

Cheers again, peace!

Interesting question, but a bit too early to tell - you start to see the feedback on sales/TV relationship anywhere up to a year after the first airing really to be honest :).

I'd really love to see Beez releasing all the Gainax classics Europe has been deprived of - FLCL (though there's seemingly little chance of that), Gunbuster, Diebuster and Wings of Honneamise. I think there'd be quite a market for such titles, even if Gunbuster was sub-only. Nice to hear that you're not denying those titles, at least ;]

So, do Beez have many plans for upcoming boxsets?

Dunno if you can help on this one seeing it's was an Anime Central issue, but by any chance do you know what is said on Tanabe's will in the 2nd to last episode of Planetes (seeing how AC didn't show subs back then, alot of people have been wondering what it said)

Ryo Chan said:
Dunno if you can help on this one seeing it's was an Anime Central issue, but by any chance do you know what is said on Tanabe's will in the 2nd to last episode of Planetes (seeing how AC didn't show subs back then, alot of people have been wondering what it said)

It just says 'Will' or 'Last will' She didn't get any further than that, which is what shocked Hachimaki as it was so unlike Ai especially as she went mad at him earlier in the series for not filling 'his' out properly. ( I know i've probably spelt their names wrong, but its late and i'm knackered. :p )

Tasker said:
Ryo Chan said:

It just says 'Will' or 'Last will' She didn't get any further than that, which is what shocked Hachimaki as it was so unlike Ai especially as she went mad at him earlier in the series for not filling 'his' out properly. ( I know i've probably spelt their names wrong, but its late and i'm knackered. :p )

cheers tasker ^^

Ryo Chan said:
Tasker said:
Ryo Chan said:

cheers tasker ^^

Sorry Ryo Chan - I've been absent for ages due to an endless stream of work things at present!

maybe this has been asked but does anyone know if Beez Are Due tor Release 1 big Boxset For each of the Gundam Series? I would prefer to buy 1 big boxset than a individual DVDs.

thekendyman said:
maybe this has been asked but does anyone know if Beez Are Due tor Release 1 big Boxset For each of the Gundam Series? I would prefer to buy 1 big boxset than a individual DVDs.

Posting sneakily here out of my working hours - all I can say right now is there are plans... given the length of both Gundam Wing and Seed though we would prefer to split the series in two rather than go the other way a lot of companies do and charge a lot for a 10 DVD set.

There'll be a press release in the near future - all I can say right now is regarding Seed we have some very special plans for the boxset to create a real premium package experience, so I would hold off importing until you get details of that...

- Andrew Partridge,
Beez Entertainment

beez_andrew said:
thekendyman said:

Posting sneakily here out of my working hours - all I can say right now is there are plans... given the length of both Gundam Wing and Seed though we would prefer to split the series in two rather than go the other way a lot of companies do and charge a lot for a 10 DVD set.

There'll be a press release in the near future - all I can say right now is regarding Seed we have some very special plans for the boxset to create a real premium package experience, so I would hold off importing until you get details of that...

- Andrew Partridge,
Beez Entertainment

oooooh this sounds exciting :eek: Guess i'll have to keep an eye out.

beez_andrew said:
thekendyman said:

- Andrew Partridge,
Beez Entertainment

This is why I love Beez, I'm always enormously impressed by the effort they put into releases, and that is why I don't import a lot of their series, or at least if there is a good American version I will 'double dip' for the UK version as well.

Thanks Andrew and everyone else at Beez, always giving that little bit extra =) I'm seriously looking forward to these Gundam boxsets.

beez_andrew said:
thekendyman said:

- Andrew Partridge,
Beez Entertainment

I've been waiting for this for like ever!!!! :p

I'm like super happy! xD

melonpan said:
This is why I love Beez, I'm always enormously impressed by the effort they put into releases, and that is why I don't import a lot of their series, or at least if there is a good American version I will 'double dip' for the UK version as well.

Thanks Andrew and everyone else at Beez, always giving that little bit extra =) I'm seriously looking forward to these Gundam boxsets.

Whoa, I wouldn't sing their praises yet. Those Gundam boxsets are most likely a ridiculously long way off. Looking forward to what the big surprise about the SEED boxset is, though.

Also, in regards to the quality of Beez's releases - I'm not so sure I know what you mean. IIRC, the Cowboy Bebop sets didn't have any extras at all and Cowboy Bebop is their most high-profile IP.

CitizenGeek said:
melonpan said:

Whoa, I wouldn't sing their praises yet. Those Gundam boxsets are most likely a ridiculously long way off. Looking forward to what the big surprise about the SEED boxset is, though.

Also, in regards to the quality of Beez's releases - I'm not so sure I know what you mean. IIRC, the Cowboy Bebop sets didn't have any extras at all and Cowboy Bebop is their most high-profile IP.

LOL always the optimist. Nah I know what you mean that did surprise me about the Cowboy Bebop DVDs. But meh those are still some of my favorite DVD's in my collection so I guess it just shows you don't need extras to enjoy a show. But I know what you mean about they could be ages away although my guess is they'll be launched to coninside with Gundam Seed's AnimeCentral broadcast.

Back