Beez Entertainment Discussion

is it ok if i call u andy? lol what the chances on mai otome, midori days,
hauri , scarpped princess all coming out over here? if u could reply that would be great!

Re: M-H DVD6 delayed again?

Rogueywon said:
I'm hearing nasty rumours that M-H DVD6 has been delayed again, from its supposed launch on the 22nd October. Any idea if this is true?

It's a particularly nasty and untrue rumour! I have copies here for reviewers to be sent out and I know the warehouse is fully stocked so don't worry!

- Andrew

Semajer said:
So then the chances of the Dragon Ball series being released is very low? That's a shame.

May I just underline, the chances of it being released by Beez is low at present! That does not mean someone else may not take it on and give it a go :).

I'm afraid I can only comment on our own position though at Beez ^^.

- Andrew

benny566 said:
is it ok if i call u andy? lol what the chances on mai otome, midori days,
hauri , scarpped princess all coming out over here? if u could reply that would be great!

You can call me what you like - just make sure you put a capital letter at the start of my name please :p!

Regarding licenses - I can't comment on the status of Otome or Haruhi at present I'm afraid outwith what I've already said in this thread. However the other two:

Scrapped Princess:

As much as I am a very big fan of Studio Bones - I have to admit the boat on this one has sailed. It's an interesting show to an extent but the license for Europe is a bit difficult to get ahold of and there are a lot of newer Bones titles I want!

So sadly I doubt you will see this coming from Beez Entertainment anytime soon I am afraid. We definitely do not have the license to this at present anyway.

Midori no Hibi:

This was originally lined up for a UK launch when we released it in France, sadly it fell through due to contractual issues. So sadly this show is in limbo now for the UK - am afraid it probably won't be out anytime soon! At least from Beez - though given sales figures in the US it's unlikely to see a UK launch anytime soon...

Sorry for such a downer post :(!

- Andrew

beez_andrew said:
Scrapped Princess:

As much as I am a very big fan of Studio Bones - I have to admit the boat on this one has sailed. It's an interesting show to an extent but the license for Europe is a bit difficult to get ahold of and there are a lot of newer Bones titles I want!

So sadly I doubt you will see this coming from Beez Entertainment anytime soon I am afraid. We definitely do not have the license to this at present anyway.
Hmm Shame about Scrapped Princess, but reading between the lines does this mean we may be seeing Darker Than Black, Ayakashi Ayashi and/or The Skull Man some time soon.... please please pretty please let it be DTB, but my money's on Ayakashi Ayashi .

Well Andy! what about that clamp mecha show! code something! sorry forgot the name!

can u also explain to us uk anime fans what goes into a anime getting a uk release or what gets in the way of u guys realeasing certain tittles! how hare-gu for example! oh and freedom looks cool as well! what would u like to release in this country?

sorry about the long post i am just glad that i have a chance to find out from a disbtruitor about what the process means!

well it looks like that no comment on mai otome and hauri is a yes then!

benny566 said:
Well Andy! what about that clamp mecha show! code something! sorry forgot the name!

can u also explain to us uk anime fans what goes into a anime getting a uk release or what gets in the way of u guys realeasing certain tittles! how hare-gu for example! oh and freedom looks cool as well! what would u like to release in this country?

sorry about the long post i am just glad that i have a chance to find out from a disbtruitor about what the process means!

Code Geass i believe u mean Bandai have the rights for releasing in 2008, so if we do get it, i'd say late 2008/09

I dunno if it's been addressed yet or not through all of these tl;dr posts, but like, I've been buying Beez's DVDs of Eureka Seven and didn't have any problems with any of them, at all, except for when I played DVD 5 a short while ago noticed in the dub the sound goes off for a few seconds and then comes on, and does it once or twice through the DVD, which was pretty off-putting for me as I don't want to keep going on any further with the series if it happens again. [Has DVD 6 but yet to watch it.]

Lupus Inu said:
I dunno if it's been addressed yet or not through all of these tl;dr posts, but like, I've been buying Beez's DVDs of Eureka Seven and didn't have any problems with any of them, at all, except for when I played DVD 5 a short while ago noticed in the dub the sound goes off for a few seconds and then comes on, and does it once or twice through the DVD, which was pretty off-putting for me as I don't want to keep going on any further with the series if it happens again. [Has DVD 6 but yet to watch it.]

Yeah in episode 29 (vol. 6) in the English dub the audio is out of sync for the whole episode.

Please forgive if this has already been said in the thread as im too lazy to read 10 pages, lol. Beez are good with their nice boxes such as the Patlabor Limited Edition's. They can be hit and miss in other areas though.

Zen 2nd said:
Lupus Inu said:

Yeah in episode 29 (vol. 6) in the English dub the audio is out of sync for the whole episode.

So it wasn't just my copy then. :(

Lelouch said:
Is Gundam Wing:endless waltz the movie released in U.K?

Yeah, that was released ages ago, the dvd contains both the movie version and the episode version (I don't think there is a lot of difference between the two) It's sitting on my shelf waiting for me to rewatch it properly. I think beez released it once they had finished with the individual volumes

hopeful_monster said:
beez_andrew said:
Scrapped Princess:

Hmm Shame about Scrapped Princess, but reading between the lines does this mean we may be seeing Darker Than Black, Ayakashi Ayashi and/or The Skull Man some time soon.... please please pretty please let it be DTB, but my money's on Ayakashi Ayashi .

Reading between the lines can be fun can't it? Sadly it often doesn't get you very far :p. Wait and see anyway ^^.

benny566 said:

That would be Code Geass :).

benny566 said:

There's an assortment of things really there, I could probably write a whole journal entry on it in fairness. In short though it's a pretty long process that involves a lot of talking back and forth.

What can get in the way of a release is another very long story - but one of the big ones is materials, if the quality of the masters you're got are not up to scratch this can prove extremely problematic. If you can't get new ones there's often a lot of trouble there!

Hare-Guu was a contractual issue I believe - I can't really discuss it more than that I'm afraid!

What would I like to bring to the UK? *laughs* Well the license I would love to see in the UK is held by someone else - and is I'm ashamed to admit awful but is a personal favorite of mine!

Asides from that I guess, personally, I would like to release a classic like Ranma 1/2 - which is what introduced me to manga in the first place that in turn lead me to be interested in anime! There are too many to list! Thankfully it's not my job to worry about that bit ^^;;;!

benny566 said:

Heh I'm afraid it's not a yes - nor is it in anyway a discussion on the subject! It's more a case of I've no idea - as often we poor Marketing folks are not kept in the loop for what current licenses are being pursued or not - though we all know what we would like!

Ryo Chan said:
Code Geass i believe u mean Bandai have the rights for releasing in 2008, so if we do get it, i'd say late 2008/09

Guessing release dates is all well - but with current release dates, you face very little delay on a US -> UK release to be honest. Nonetheless guessing dates doesn't really get you far either XD.

Zen 2nd said:
Lupus Inu said:

Hm - I'll have a look into this as that didn't show up on my sample copy which suggests a bad batch just.

Will forward it onto the production manager in charge of Eureka Seven - thanks :).

- Andrew

Back