Beez Entertainment Discussion

ilmaestro said:
Well, they said that the Endless Eight is just going to be released as regular DVDs in Japan, right? Two eps a disc? So, they're either absolute geniuses, or... er... really not.
All part of their ruse. If the DVDs sell well in Japan, they'll have proven the point they wished to make, at the expense of every discerning and financially careful Haruhi fan who didn't like these episodes.

ilmaestro said:
It's certainly an odd thing, well above and beyond, say, the Wolf's Rain recap eps. Makes me glad I don't really follow blogs/MAL and the like judging by what I hear about some people's reactions. ^^;
The Wolf's Rain situation had an excuse really because of the health scare at the time(creating filler episodes to meet the episode quota) or something to that degree, plus they made up for it by adding the extra episodes at the end of the series run.

Haruhi on the other hand is just trying to be too clever for it's own good. They're trying to force something groundbreaking but it seems more like a novelty than anything else much like the crazy episode order of the first series.

Zin5ki said:
ilmaestro said:
Well, they said that the Endless Eight is just going to be released as regular DVDs in Japan, right? Two eps a disc? So, they're either absolute geniuses, or... er... really not.
All part of their ruse. If the DVDs sell well in Japan, they'll have proven the point they wished to make, at the expense of every discerning and financially careful Haruhi fan who didn't like these episodes.
I'd be willing to bet they don't sell well. The feeling from fans seems to be overwhelmingly negative. Even those who attempt to defend this "Endless" arc admit it's gone on far too long.

I've only read about the Endless Eight stuff on Wiki since it was mentioned in this thread, and I can't believe anyone would create something like that thinking it would be a good idea. And certainly can't understand how anyone could defend it as something good to watch...

Sy said:
ilmaestro said:
It's certainly an odd thing, well above and beyond, say, the Wolf's Rain recap eps. Makes me glad I don't really follow blogs/MAL and the like judging by what I hear about some people's reactions. ^^;
The Wolf's Rain situation had an excuse really because of the health scare at the time(creating filler episodes to meet the episode quota) or something to that degree, plus they made up for it by adding the extra episodes at the end of the series run.
Wait, what? I thought they just screwed up their budget and weren't going to be able to animate 26 eps. ^^; Was it really to do with SARS (only big health scare thing I can think of when Wolf's Rain was airing) or something?

ilmaestro said:
Sy said:
ilmaestro said:
Wait, what? I thought they just screwed up their budget and weren't going to be able to animate 26 eps. ^^; Was it really to do with SARS (only big health scare thing I can think of when Wolf's Rain was airing) or something?
Yes apparently because of the SARS epidemic at the time the production was temporarily shut down causing unavoidable delays to the entire production schedule so some quickfire placeholders(recaps) were made so the TV airing wouldn't have to be delayed. Thankfully they were allowed to release a conclusion straight to DVD after the series run ended.

ilmaestro said:
I also read that the LE of the first disc will include an "original episode", so maybe they will have one "original" ep and one Endless Eight ep on some discs?

All that Amazon.co.jp say is on the Limited Edition disc that comes with the Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody disc in the LE are "SOS Brigade Song Album (Part One)", "Taniguchi goes. A mysterious journey of discovery (Episode One)" and "SOS Brigade Memories Album (Number One)". There's also other stuff like coasters, postcards and film bookmarks it seems.

Also apparently there are to be 5 coasters, so there's probably going to be at least five volumes. :/

Duh, why did I not think to check Amazon? Was just going by CDJapan's listing.

Sy: Cheers for the info, crazy stuff!

edit: The DVDs are going to be relatively cheap, though, tbf, and will have English subs.

ilmaestro said:
Duh, why did I not think to check Amazon? Was just going by CDJapan's listing.

Sy: Cheers for the info, crazy stuff!

edit: The DVDs are going to be relatively cheap, though, tbf, and will have English subs.

English Subs eh...?

I might be interested. Not started Haruhi S2 yet though so... maybe not. I'm just going in blind fandom for S1 :lol:

Andrew, just out of curiosity, are all the Gurren Lagann releases going to come in a DVD case similar to what the first 2 discs came in?
By that I mean the case that unfolds along the top, rather than the side.

Thanks!

Does gurren volume 2 limited have the backpack?

and do the standards have art boxes?

and are you gonna tell play.com about the new rrp so the can lower the price?

and will luckystar come out next year?

and is sword of the stranger a limited cinema release?

and what does the sword of the stranger limited have?

and will endless eight have eight episodes?

Ryo Chan said:
Andrew, regarding the Haruhi season 2 which considering Beez did the original series.

Are there any discussions going on yet about how the group is going to deal with the endless 8 issue? personally i can see it being a disaster if anyone try's to release a dvd with the endless 8 episodes, as i'm sure i speak for every haruhi fan here, it will just be ignored as a release.

also slightly different topic

any idea why on the gundam wing Special edition release the menu sound is so much louder than the sound on the rest of the disk.

It's very problematic when you're watching anime at a reasonable sound at night, and the menu comes on while you scramble to find your mute button :D

Answer to first part: Depends on what happens licensing wise, right now I'm unsure how the rights will be shopped as at Tokyo Anime Fair this year the focus of our meeting was more on the YouTube series that was being released. Although NDA'd at the time there was knowledge of more eps in the works but it wasn't really the main subject.

If we acquire it I'll come back and talk to fans across the UK about how best to handle that problem though as it seems a bit of an icky situation! Of course if the Endless Eight episodes are an issue and come with the package for the license that may impact on the chances of licensing future episodes of Haruhi too if it's a guaranteed loss for a company!

Answer to the audio question: I think what happened was something to do with the production of the master tape for it, it's a bemusing one though but I guess the soundtrack imported for the menu was upped a bit compared to the audio in episode! I'll ask our production team to see if they know as now I'm curious about it too...

- Andrew

beez_andrew said:
Ryo Chan said:
Andrew, regarding the Haruhi season 2 which considering Beez did the original series.

Are there any discussions going on yet about how the group is going to deal with the endless 8 issue? personally i can see it being a disaster if anyone try's to release a dvd with the endless 8 episodes, as i'm sure i speak for every haruhi fan here, it will just be ignored as a release.

also slightly different topic

any idea why on the gundam wing Special edition release the menu sound is so much louder than the sound on the rest of the disk.

It's very problematic when you're watching anime at a reasonable sound at night, and the menu comes on while you scramble to find your mute button :D

Answer to first part: Depends on what happens licensing wise, right now I'm unsure how the rights will be shopped as at Tokyo Anime Fair this year the focus of our meeting was more on the YouTube series that was being released. Although NDA'd at the time there was knowledge of more eps in the works but it wasn't really the main subject.

If we acquire it I'll come back and talk to fans across the UK about how best to handle that problem though as it seems a bit of an icky situation! Of course if the Endless Eight episodes are an issue and come with the package for the license that may impact on the chances of licensing future episodes of Haruhi too if it's a guaranteed loss for a company!

Answer to the audio question: I think what happened was something to do with the production of the master tape for it, it's a bemusing one though but I guess the soundtrack imported for the menu was upped a bit compared to the audio in episode! I'll ask our production team to see if they know as now I'm curious about it too...

- Andrew

cheers Andrew, yeah it's not a real issue, just a pain, i'm interested to find out what you do ;)

Litespeed said:
Andrew, just out of curiosity, are all the Gurren Lagann releases going to come in a DVD case similar to what the first 2 discs came in?
By that I mean the case that unfolds along the top, rather than the side.

Thanks!

All the GL releases will come in the same style as the first 2 did in the RE - you'll have the option of artwork in a landscape or portrait style, with the hinge being along top of the portrait style (as our production team liked the artwork on landscape ^^; ).

Hope this helps - it will certainly be consistent anyway :).

- Andrew

Wow, a lot of questions, not so much in the way of punctuation xD!

Starting with each one relatively shortly:

unellmay said:

What backpack?

unellmay said:

If by art box you mean the same style of box that held the actual 2 DVDs inside the LE - yes. If you mean a box shaped like Gurren Lagann to store 3 DVDs with each release then no, as that'd defeat the point of 1 box to hold the whole series ^^;.

unellmay said:
and are you gonna tell play.com about the new rrp so the can lower the price?

I've told our distributor of the change, we are now waiting for LDMS to pass on the discount to the distributor though - I'll post again for Geass when I have confirmation :).

unellmay said:

Given the current market I'd say the odds are 50/50 best.

unellmay said:

Yes.

unellmay said:

A bonus DVD with around 2 hours worth of bonus content on it on the first print release. Second print will go to a single DVD release instead.

unellmay said:

Now you've asked me multiple times, no*.

unellmay said:

Surely that's up to the animators - as opposed to me? Although had it been me I'd have kept it to a much smaller number, say one episode instead of reading too much into the "Endless" part of the name...

unellmay said:

Hope this helps!

- Andrew

* By no, I mean "See above answer." :p.

Andrew the fact you just replied to that post with a smile has just persuaded me to buy the Beez Gundam 00 boxset now :D

now we know why ur in marketing

If that works then they should put stickers on their releases with Andrew giving a thumbs up and a cheesy grin/wink. Sales would skyrocket for sure.

Great, now I'm always going to picture Andrew as Special Agent Dale Cooper from Twin Peaks.

l35a6a9e20000_1_16398.jpg

unellmay said:
beez_andrew said:
What backpack?

unellmay said:

beez_andrew said:
If by art box you mean the same style of box that held the actual 2 DVDs inside the LE - yes. If you mean a box shaped like Gurren Lagann to store 3 DVDs with each release then no, as that'd defeat the point of 1 box to hold the whole series ^^;.

The American one came with a backpack
You pretty much argued me out of my two reasons
for getting the volume 2 limited really =/

unellmay said:

beez_andrew said:

Since limited cinema release
means me getting about to two train rides to see it
then I guess I won't

unellmay said:

beez_andrew said:
A bonus DVD with around 2 hours worth of bonus content on it on the first print release. Second print will go to a single DVD release instead.

I don't even think I watch extras like that so maaaaybe 8/

unellmay said:

beez_andrew said:
Now you've asked me multiple times, no*.

I'll import lucky star defiantly then
and sorry I entered a endless recursion in time for a while there

unellmay said:

beez_andrew said:
Surely that's up to the animators - as opposed to me? Although had it been me I'd have kept it to a much smaller number, say one episode instead of reading too much into the "Endless" part of the name...

I was hopeful that you were Tatsuya Ishihara with an alias

unellmay said:

beez_andrew said:

Hope this helps!

- Andrew

* By no, I mean "See above answer." :p.

Thanks
Are you sure you don't wanna bring out lucky star a.s.a.p?

Back