Beez Entertainment Discussion

unellmay said:
Are you sure you don't wanna bring out lucky star a.s.a.p?

I hope not, they've got better things to license and release (like Gundam 00 S2 and Gundam Unicorn) :p Would also be nice to see some old classics come to these shores, like The Big O and Outlaw Star (with Beez presentation i would jump on these two sets for certain)

Ah, thanks Andrew. I shall keep an eye out for the next release. I just hope the digipack holding the discs in doesn't fall off again like what happened with my first copy.

ayase said:
Can't really mosh to Björk...
I expected better from you, Ayase.

ayase said:
...but I'll give it a go.
Oh, it appears there is still hope!

f0owo3.jpg

The example paragraph made me think of something we'd been discussing here not so long ago as well...

"A strange thing happened to me on the way to school today. I was just going to cross the road when a big red van drove by. The driver sounded his horn then opened his window. I thought he was going to shout at me. Instead, he threw a cardboard box into the road. There was nobody around, so I picked it up. Imagine my surprise when I found out what was inside."
"The f*cking DVD boxed set I ordered last week. I'm going to kill that postman."

In the interests of re-railing this topic, any news on Blu-rays yet Andrew? I know some of us are eager to start our Hi-Def anime collections... Would it at least be possible for you to reveal which series' you have the rights to for Blu-ray? I'm guessing Gundam 00 and possibly Geass. How about Akira? I know Bandai released it in the US and I'm kinda surprised it's not in Manga's intitial Blu-ray lineup... Does this mean it might be a Beez release this time around? I didn't end up getting the US release after all because the first print special edition had sold out by the time I knew it was region free, and I didn't wanna pay those kind of import prices for the ordinary edition. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any plans to release Outlaw Star or G-Gundam in "Not insane" Half/Quarter Series boxsets (at not insane prices, even if that's asking a bit much of Beez)?

How about Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid?

And, throwing this one out as a out there for gags idea: King of Braves GaoGaiGar?

Also, is there any chance of geting any of Beez's shows on the TV or did Jetix screw the pooch on that one?

I would go along with a GaoGaiGar release if it meant we got GaoGaiGar FINAL finally, my region 1 stuff looks incomplete without that final part of the series.

I would kill for a remastered Outlaw Star. The R1s are taken from a composite source and look awful. It seems like the kind of show that would have done well here, and I've never understood why it hasn't been brought over.

With Bandai Entertainment not dubbing anything other than Code Geass and Gundam 00 at present, and since they haven't made any new license announcements, Beez might soon have to plunder the back catalogue for stuff to release.

ayase said:
In the interests of re-railing this topic, any news on Blu-rays yet Andrew? I know some of us are eager to start our Hi-Def anime collections... Would it at least be possible for you to reveal which series' you have the rights to for Blu-ray? I'm guessing Gundam 00 and possibly Geass. How about Akira? I know Bandai released it in the US and I'm kinda surprised it's not in Manga's intitial Blu-ray lineup... Does this mean it might be a Beez release this time around? I didn't end up getting the US release after all because the first print special edition had sold out by the time I knew it was region free, and I didn't wanna pay those kind of import prices for the ordinary edition. :(

Bluray is progressing at the same pace that the US one is really now - watch this space about new titles but for Q3 and Q4 the market for us is dry on that for reasons outwith our hands. I'll keep people in the loop as I get more information though :).

Conan-san said:
Is there any plans to release Outlaw Star or G-Gundam in "Not insane" Half/Quarter Series boxsets (at not insane prices, even if that's asking a bit much of Beez)?

Outlaw Star is one I'd love to do and who knows may happen in the future :). Pricing wise we're listening to what everyone says and working on that so hang in there ^^.

Conan-san said:
How about Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid?

I think somebody in the US may have forgotten they have the UK rights to this as well - which is why the delay - I could be wrong though...

Conan-san said:
And, throwing this one out as a out there for gags idea: King of Braves GaoGaiGar?

Sadly that's an extreme niche title - I'd have better luck doing something like Nodame Cantabile to be honest if I was going all out for a license that was niche just now!

Conan-san said:
Also, is there any chance of geting any of Beez's shows on the TV or did Jetix screw the pooch on that one?

Someone will sooner or later get some TV based solution ready - so watch this space for a shorter time than you'd imagine :).

Scepticism? Spelled with a 'K'? Why would the cat care for a UK television service if it lives in America?

Regardless, a TV solution would be good for reaching new audiences, but I myself have a diminished interest in such a medium.

beez_andrew said:
Conan-san said:

Someone will sooner or later get some TV based solution ready - so watch this space for a shorter time than you'd imagine :).

You're not hinting that there'll be something announced at Aya are you? :p

Fudce said:
beez_andrew said:
Conan-san said:

You're not hinting that there'll be something announced at Aya are you? :p
Juicy =)
hope the mkt is picking up for anime in general...

I'm sorry if it's been asked before, I just checked back a few pages and didn't see it.
I don't know what it's like with Blu-ray anime sales but will there be TTGL Blu-ray releases?
If this series came out in HD I'd cry.

Stefkov said:
I'm sorry if it's been asked before, I just checked back a few pages and didn't see it.
I don't know what it's like with Blu-ray anime sales but will there be TTGL Blu-ray releases?
If this series came out in HD I'd cry.

Doubt it

I doubt there'll be a Blu-ray release of Gurren Lagann, especially as there isn't even one in Japan. Really, the only series you should expect to see on Blu-ray are those where they created it with Blu-ray in mind, or popular old series enhanced to work on the format.

If you have a Blu-ray player, just put the DVD in there, the upscaling should make it look pretty High Definition even without the name 'Blu-ray' on the box.

Back