Beez Entertainment Discussion

Conan-san said:
beez_andrew said:
unellmay said:
What's with gurren lagann vol 3 limited?

Hi :).

I think I said before - there are only LE versions of Volume 1 and 2 due to licensing related affairs I'm afraid!

- Andrew
I'm sure that's going to install confidence in the next big show...

I assume you mean instill there ^^;! But asides from typos I don't really see the issue here, we never claimed there to be a LE for each and given the presentation value on the standard DVD release.

I'm not sure there is a need for it if there are no limited items given you have pretty much everything you could want in the other two that we have rights to from the show :). No point making a limited edition for the sakes of it as that devalues the whole concept surely?

- Andrew,
Beez Entertainment.

Is a little bit of consistancy in the matter a bit too much?

I'd be utterly annoyed if I had shelled out £80(+) for a limited edition series with the hope that I could get the third, it ruins the shelf, it betrays the idea that it sold well (though I have my bets against that being the case) and gerneraly is a pest.

I've just got an email from Amazon this morning saying Gundam 00 vol 2 and Gurren Lagaan vol 2 have been delayed till September 21st

Could you shed any light on this Andrew? Would be a shame if they werent released this monday :(

Conan-san said:
Is a little bit of consistancy in the matter a bit too much?

I'd be utterly annoyed if I had shelled out £80(+) for a limited edition series with the hope that I could get the third, it ruins the shelf, it betrays the idea that it sold well (though I have my bets against that being the case) and gerneraly is a pest.
Not really, because the standard and limited editions come in the same case (slightly to my disappointment I have to say - it felt a bit like buying a Aston Martin only to discover that the new Ford Focus someone got for half the price is more or less the same. Minus a nice garage and some dashboard ornaments though I suppose). If you have the standards they'll line up together, if you have the first LE the standard Vol. 3 (and Vol. 2, if you don't want the soundtracks) will go in the box that came with it.

I haven't had an email from amazon delaying my Gurren Lagann vol.2, maybe they forgot about me :(

Hi Andrew,
I was wondering if you knew anything about a re-release of Wolf's Rain in the near future? I ask because this months Neo lists it in the release schedule.

You wouldn't happen to be having
a sale on code geass at the expo for roughly half pricish
like you did for gurren would you?

and also perhaps a sale on the last two gurren while your at it?

Hey I know it might be a bit of an outside request, but any idea if the Haruhi Suzumiya-chan ONA dvds are likely to be reease over here? I thought that was a hilarious series.

Some questions :p

1) I've noticed a lot of 30th Anniversary Gundam celebratory releases (and super HUGE statue) in Japan, and wondered if you guys were going to do your own little nod to Gundam's anniversary this year too?

2) Any plans to start releasing budget box sets, in a similar vein to the Anime Legends sets in the US (although less ugly :wink:)?

Thanks ^.^

Shakey said:
I haven't had an email from amazon delaying my Gurren Lagann vol.2, maybe they forgot about me :(

Hi Andrew,
I was wondering if you knew anything about a re-release of Wolf's Rain in the near future? I ask because this months Neo lists it in the release schedule.

Wolf's Rain re-release is on the cards as part of something but I can't talk about it until I have the plans OK'd and sealed :).

Re GL 2 - sorry for the delay back - there were some production problems that meant we had to shift the date back slightly! Same for 00 Volume 2.

- Andrew

BAKA said:
Some questions :p

1) I've noticed a lot of 30th Anniversary Gundam celebratory releases (and super HUGE statue) in Japan, and wondered if you guys were going to do your own little nod to Gundam's anniversary this year too?

2) Any plans to start releasing budget box sets, in a similar vein to the Anime Legends sets in the US (although less ugly :wink:)?

Thanks ^.^

1) Very likely, watch this space.

2) I'd like to do that, watch this space though :).

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Hey I know it might be a bit of an outside request, but any idea if the Haruhi Suzumiya-chan ONA dvds are likely to be reease over here? I thought that was a hilarious series.

As I recall we're taking a look at Haruhi licenses just now - I need to check if those are in there though as options :). Licensing is a very slow process at times annoyingly!

unellmay said:
You wouldn't happen to be having
a sale on code geass at the expo for roughly half pricish
like you did for gurren would you?

and also perhaps a sale on the last two gurren while your at it?

Not so much of a sale on - but we'll be having a price point roughly the same as what we did with Gurren Lagann on launch at May Expo. So Geass will be about £25 :). GL and 00 will be similar prices and SotS will confirm.

We'll be clearing out stock of single DVDs and should also have Cowboy Remix there too.

- Andrew

Back