Beez Entertainment Discussion

I'd be curious about Lucky Star too, considering it apparently didn't sell as well as expected in the US, hence the limited edition of volume six was cancelled.

Mutsumi said:
I'd be curious about Lucky Star too, considering it apparently didn't sell as well as expected in the US, hence the limited edition of volume six was cancelled.
I think the format may have had something to do with that, especially in view of its popularity online.

beez_andrew said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Hey I know it might be a bit of an outside request, but any idea if the Haruhi Suzumiya-chan ONA dvds are likely to be reease over here? I thought that was a hilarious series.

As I recall we're taking a look at Haruhi licenses just now - I need to check if those are in there though as options :). Licensing is a very slow process at times annoyingly!

Thanks a great deal for your reply =) I love those eps perhaps more than the main series.

Ryo Chan said:
While your here Andrew, anything you'd like to say on the Bandai/Beez channel ;)

Sorry for delayed reply - things are hectic in the run-up to Expo at present! We'll have some news soon on that but all the relevant staff are being transferred to the project just now and as far as I can see the latest in-house beta test is nearly done :). So given everything I'd not be surprised to hear some news towards the end of the year ^^.

- Andrew,
Beez Entertainment

Gurren Lagann Vol. 2

Hi Andrew,

I was watching DVD 1 of Gurren Lagann Volume 2 with subtitles on, and I noticed that the subtitles is missing some lines. One example from episode 10 when Nia has gone to talk to the beastman Nia asks a question which is not subtitled and the the beastman responds with "Of course"

Is this a known problem?

Yes, it is a known problem.

Actually, they're working on that just now and GL 2 they was assured had been fixed by the replicators as they identified and flagged it for repair which was why they moved the date to begin with. They don't shift dates for fun.

If anyone has this problem, send them a screen cap of one of the problems + if you are attending Expo bring at least a cover along or such and they'll give you something to apologize for it . If not email him your addresses (andrew AT beez-ent DOT com - replace words + spaces where appropriate) and proof of purchase and he'll sort something out instead by post. You're completely right that it is unacceptable that there is a problem though and they sincerely apologize.

To give everyone more of a background this is the same company that was causing problems with their masters in the past - due to that a special deal was offered to keep them on as customers and they had been assured these problems (whatever they were) had been fixed. Clearly this is no longer the case and so they're looking at how best to solve it now.

-Mutsumi,
Kittenz Entertainment

(I copied Andrew's post on the subject from another forum :lol: )

Mutsumi said:
If anyone has this problem, send them a screen cap of one of the problems + if you are attending Expo bring at least a cover along or such and they'll give you something to apologize for it . If not email him your addresses (andrew AT beez-ent DOT com - replace words + spaces where appropriate) and proof of purchase and he'll sort something out instead by post.
That's a bit of an **** about. I hope mine doesn't have this problem - What do we do, send a screencap of a scene which should have subtitles but doesn't? I don't think VLC (the only DVD player I can get caps from) even captures softsubs anyway... :?

I recall in his other post he suggested noting the times it occured on, eg ep1 0:07:23. All in all, I think Beez is doing the right thing here. I could be pulled back to r2 yet.

ayase said:
I don't think VLC (the only DVD player I can get caps from) even captures softsubs anyway... :?
You can use print screen by following this quick and easy process.

This kind of thing really doesn't inspire confidence in Beez's products. I'm cancelling my Code Geass pre-order and waiting for reports that it's free of problems before buying.

On the other hand, I am gaining confidence in Beez because I think they are dealing with the problem well, & thus I feel that if I bought a Beez DVD & something was wrong, they would sort out the problem.

Mutsumi said:
If anyone has this problem, send them a screen cap of one of the problems + if you are attending Expo bring at least a cover along or such and they'll give you something to apologize for it
Unless that "something to apologize for it" is a replacement disc, it doesn't sound as though they're sorting anything out.

Mutsumi said:
Yes, it is a known problem.

Actually, they're working on that just now and GL 2 they was assured had been fixed by the replicators as they identified and flagged it for repair which was why they moved the date to begin with. They don't shift dates for fun.

-Mutsumi,
Kittenz Entertainment

(I copied Andrew's post on the subject from another forum :lol: )

Thanks Mutsumi.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Mutsumi said:
If anyone has this problem, send them a screen cap of one of the problems + if you are attending Expo bring at least a cover along or such and they'll give you something to apologize for it
Unless that "something to apologize for it" is a replacement disc, it doesn't sound as though they're sorting anything out.

Funnily enough that's the plan :). I'm also in the meantime sending out some small things to say sorry from us actually off my own back postage wise etc just now. We're pursuing this problem seriously at present as it appears to be a problem with the materials we're receiving from the US mixed with the company who encodes it (it's why GL 2 etc got shifted before release date wise).

At present all I can do is do as the post says - though yes as was pointed out a time stamp of the problem + proof of purchase is fine instead of a screengrab.

So to summarize we're taking a three pronged approach to this:

1) Sending out something small as a way of saying sorry to fans in the meantime.

2) Looking at fixing the immediate problem by checking the materials again and seeing if we can nail down the cause there. When a reprint is done I will have a spindle of DVDs produced and will run a full replacement scheme.

3) I'm also aggressively pursuing with the head of production solutions to the problem with the external contractor who handles encoding of subtitles. Likely the answer will be to use a new company in future if need be but I will update as a solution becomes available.

If you or anyone else has any other solutions to how I can do anything more regarding this situation then don't hesitate to let me know :).

- Andrew,
Beez Entertainment

Back