Beez Entertainment Discussion

beez_andrew said:
2) Looking at fixing the immediate problem by checking the materials again and seeing if we can nail down the cause there. When a reprint is done I will have a spindle of DVDs produced and will run a full replacement scheme.
That's good to hear. Did Beez ever consider a replacement scheme for Gunbuster 2, whose English subtitles are missing during the final scene, or was the issue not considered serious enough to warrant such action?

I'll still be waiting for some brave soul to take the plunge with Code Geass, though, since I could do without the hassle of getting replacement discs and whatnot =)

fabricatedlunatic said:
I'll still be waiting for some brave soul to take the plunge with Code Geass, though, since I could do without the hassle of getting replacement discs and whatnot =)

Don't worry, I'll bump it up my queue and let you know when I get mine if nobody else does :) I've been dying to see Geass for a long while.

The missing subtitle glitch seems to be a very common one with UK releases, not just from Beez. A friend found a missing line on a Manga disc too which was otherwise identical to the R1 (TGWLTT) and there have been quite a few historically. It's a very strange thing to keep coming up as a problem and I hope the company is recompensing Beez for these screw ups. They don't deserve to get business if they are screwing up even their special offer pressings and hurting Beez's reputation like this.

Still, obviously it's incredibly annoying but I'll take the odd missing sub over the disaster of Bandai America's replication issues any day. What a mess - extremely effective at getting me to transition back to R2s when they're involved.

(From the other topic, so far so good with Higurashi, though I think you've started that too. I'm on disc 4 without the glitch at the moment...)

R

Rui said:
Don't worry, I'll bump it up my queue and let you know when I get mine if nobody else does :) I've been dying to see Geass for a long while.
I knew I could count on you =)

I've heard a lot about BEI's replication issues, but have never had a bad disc from them. The subtitled Gurren Lagann releases were supposedly affected in some way, though I didn't have a problem with them. I'm either incredibly lucky or just picked the right shows to avoid...

beez_andrew said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Mutsumi said:
If anyone has this problem, send them a screen cap of one of the problems + if you are attending Expo bring at least a cover along or such and they'll give you something to apologize for it
Unless that "something to apologize for it" is a replacement disc, it doesn't sound as though they're sorting anything out.

Funnily enough that's the plan :). I'm also in the meantime sending out some small things to say sorry from us actually off my own back postage wise etc just now. We're pursuing this problem seriously at present as it appears to be a problem with the materials we're receiving from the US mixed with the company who encodes it (it's why GL 2 etc got shifted before release date wise).

At present all I can do is do as the post says - though yes as was pointed out a time stamp of the problem + proof of purchase is fine instead of a screengrab.

So to summarize we're taking a three pronged approach to this:

1) Sending out something small as a way of saying sorry to fans in the meantime.

2) Looking at fixing the immediate problem by checking the materials again and seeing if we can nail down the cause there. When a reprint is done I will have a spindle of DVDs produced and will run a full replacement scheme.

3) I'm also aggressively pursuing with the head of production solutions to the problem with the external contractor who handles encoding of subtitles. Likely the answer will be to use a new company in future if need be but I will update as a solution becomes available.

If you or anyone else has any other solutions to how I can do anything more regarding this situation then don't hesitate to let me know :).

- Andrew,
Beez Entertainment

So we'll just have to let you know at a later date if we have a problem with the subs? I noticed a few were missing on my copy of GL2 and getting that fixed up would be good.

Litespeed said:
So we'll just have to let you know at a later date if we have a problem with the subs? I noticed a few were missing on my copy of GL2 and getting that fixed up would be good.

Yeah, just watching the subbed version of episode 10 there on my Beez GL DVDs, and there were at least 6 instances in that single episode where no subs came up, including long sentences, which has me worrying if I missed something important in those lines. It would be great to get a fixed replacement disc. (Haven't watched the other episodes yet on Part 2 so not sure how many episodes have missing subs.)

(I've actually come onto the site to check if I was the only one having the prob and glad to see it's not just me.)

Re: TTGL 2nd Boxset
Yeah I was missing subs too, only seems happens in the earlier episodes as I switched to DVD player on the last 4 episodes and didn't notice any missing subs (Could be coincidence though).

Hmm...

Andrew. just had a look at the Cowboy bebop Remix, looks good :)

but one question....
is it a new series?
or a re release of the previous series?

fabricatedlunatic said:
beez_andrew said:
That's good to hear. Did Beez ever consider a replacement scheme for Gunbuster 2, whose English subtitles are missing during the final scene, or was the issue not considered serious enough to warrant such action?

I've got both volumes of CG on pre-order too and I watch subbed so I'll let you know too =).

Also to Andrew. This might be greedy, but any chance of news of R2's release? =3 I know i might be a bit much considering it's been 3 years to get R1 but no harm in asking right..? heh

Please tell me that the weird bits that appear at the top of the US Gundam 00 Part 2, disc 2 don't appear on the UK release when it hits (next week?) :(

Out of interest also, will there be any kind of reductions / promotions / sales at your level to pass onto retailers for post Christmas sales? Anything of interest you'd be cutting? Or would these types of sales all be retailer driven affairs?

I'm totally going to double dip on Gundam 00 if I can find the special edition for around £30.

In reference to the Gurren Lagann Part 2 subtitle issues. I have one that's slightly different.

When watching the dubbed version of episode 13, right near the end, just as Nia says "Eat Up Everyone" the subtitles suddenly turn themselves on and remain on until the end of the episode (thankfully that's not too long).

If I hunt through my DVD players menu and turn them off again, they remain off, but it is a bit of an inconvienience.

Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just my disc?

TranslucentDuck said:
In reference to the Gurren Lagann Part 2 subtitle issues. I have one that's slightly different.

When watching the dubbed version of episode 13, right near the end, just as Nia says "Eat Up Everyone" the subtitles suddenly turn themselves on and remain on until the end of the episode (thankfully that's not too long).

If I hunt through my DVD players menu and turn them off again, they remain off, but it is a bit of an inconvienience.

My copy of Gurren Lagann also has this problem, but I can live with it.

TranslucentDuck said:

Same problem with mine. And it's pretty annoying that the subs for episode titles and mech names don't appear until after that line..

Hey Andrew, are there likely to be any deals on Beez releases at the London Expo later this month? Want to know if it's worth ordering Bebop now or not..
Cheers ^___^

Back