Beez Entertainment Discussion

ayase said:
beez_andrew said:
TBC just now if there'll be an LE version of the third as there have been a number of problems licensing-wise with the second one that may render it hard to do a final LE based on available extras! I'll be looking into that today/tomorrow and get back to you on it though :).
Erm... There will be a V.3 of Gurren Lagann packaged in-keeping with the first LE volume though, right? :?

And can you give us any examples of these "problems" distributors seem to constantly keep having with licensing? I know I'm not an insider on these matters but don't you kinda... draw up contracts with the license holders beforehand to refer back to and avoid problems later on?

Sorry there seems to have been some kind of misunderstanding here.

What I meant was there may not be any LE pack in extras, the regular release is designed to fit inside the box (the Volume 1 you find inside the LE release is actually the regular edition in the UK and France :)).

That make it clear ^^?

I know you're not the complaints department Andrew, but I thought it would be a good idea to ask anyway.

Have there been many reports of problems with the subtitles in the Escaflowne boxsets? I ask because in the episode 26, for the last 4 minutes or so, the subtitles cut out. I'm not a fan of the dub, so having to listen to it in order to understand what was being said did irk me a little when I first watched it. I think I heard a while ago that there might have been problems with them, but that might just be me mistaking it for something else. I know it seems petty to make a deal out of something that doesn't last long, but I want to know if it's something that can be dealt with or not since I'm curious about it.

I believe it's well known that the R2 Esca releases have ****** up subtitles.

Check out some Amazon reviews.

Thank you very much for the quick reply Andrew :).
Will be unfortunate if ye can't do a third LE, but hopefully we'll hear more about that either way soon.

Cheers again.

Hi Andrew,

Just noticed 13 episodes of Code Geass have been rated at the BBFC!

What, who, when, where, how?

Is this a thirteen episode boxset forthcoming?
Or double disc releases?

Just rated for streaming at this time?
Date determined on a DVD release yet?

Can I say Wahoo now?

Just Passing Through said:
Hi Andrew,

Just noticed 13 episodes of Code Geass have been rated at the BBFC!

What, who, when, where, how?

Is this a thirteen episode boxset forthcoming?
Or double disc releases?

Just rated for streaming at this time?
Date determined on a DVD release yet?

Can I say Wahoo now?

Ah sorry I just caught this here :)! We announced the license already and I was really waiting a packshot before I confirmed the format.

Details are as follows:

Format: We'll be releasing Season 1 of Code Geass in two box-sets, box 1 with 13 episodes, box 2 with 12.

Price point: To be confirmed, it's a fresh title and half a series so the RRP may be higher but you will be able to get it at good rates from Amazon.co.uk, Play.com and HMV.co.uk as per usual :).

Extras: TBC - we're experimenting with a different release style so the box quality etc will still be high but in this case there may be no LE edition.

I'll update this with fixed details when I have the product entry set up for next month.

Since I'm here our lineup for October so far also includes:

- Code Geass - Box 1 of 2
- Sword of the Stranger, 2 DVD Special Edition (details to follow)
- Gurren Lagann - Volume 3 (tentatively October so far)
- Gundam 00 -Volume 3 (tentatively October til I get the schedule locked tdown this week)
- One title yet to be revealed, I want full confirmation before I post it up

Hope this helps!

- Andrew

Yo, Mr French, I have a question.

I know you've got the license for .hack//Trilogy but can you tell me if it's going to be a single disc release, a double disc or something special?

The box set prices scare me away but I might be willing to go for Sword of the Stranger and .hack.

Thanks for the gossip Andrew, I'm in for the rest of Gundam 00 and excited about Geass. It's been hyped so much but I skipped the R1s so I'm definitely going for the Beez version.

Looking forward to the mystery title too. Hopefully it will get announced before I import it somehow and then facepalm when it gets a competitive release here :D

I love how you've got 00 coming out at about the same time and price as the US edition.

R

You won't like Code Geass. I rated it 10/10 and it's like a more colourful and perverse version of Death Note.

I already own the R1 releases. I might've been interested in the past, but...

beez_andrew said:
Ah sorry I just caught this here :)! We announced the license already and I was really waiting a packshot before I confirmed the format.

Details are as follows:

Format: We'll be releasing Season 1 of Code Geass in two box-sets, box 1 with 13 episodes, box 2 with 12.

Price point: To be confirmed, it's a fresh title and half a series so the RRP may be higher but you will be able to get it at good rates from Amazon.co.uk, Play.com and HMV.co.uk as per usual :).

Extras: TBC - we're experimenting with a different release style so the box quality etc will still be high but in this case there may be no LE edition.

I'll update this with fixed details when I have the product entry set up for next month.
Great to hear that Geass will drop in October - I'm surprised some didn't know about the licence since it's been widely reported, but the news of the 'cour-set' format is a good one. It's the good thing about Beez Entertainment. You know you're usually in competition with the US release, so you try to add value to the UK release to compensate for the delay.

beez_andrew said:
Since I'm here our lineup for October so far also includes:

- Code Geass - Box 1 of 2
- Sword of the Stranger, 2 DVD Special Edition (details to follow)
- Gurren Lagann - Volume 3 (tentatively October so far)
- Gundam 00 -Volume 3 (tentatively October til I get the schedule locked tdown this week)
- One title yet to be revealed, I want full confirmation before I post it up

Hope this helps!

- Andrew
I definitly look forward to Gundam 00 volume 3, may consider picking this up at expo if I haven't already beforehand.

As for the other title... Scrapped Princess? It could be Lucky Star, but the way Bandai US have been treating that licence recently it may not be Lucky Star. Kurokami? I'd like to see that over here, given that Bandai gave it a worldwide simultaneous broadcast. (limited to the areas of the world they give a damn about)

On an unrelated note Andrew, and I know I've asked you this in the past at cons and expos, but things have moved forward since then, so what are your thoughts on Bandai US's current trend for sub only releases, (Kannagi, Lucky Star OVA, Hayate the Combat Butler, etc...) and how does that affect you guys?

Aion said:
Yo, Mr French, I have a question.

I know you've got the license for .hack//Trilogy but can you tell me if it's going to be a single disc release, a double disc or something special?

The box set prices scare me away but I might be willing to go for Sword of the Stranger and .hack.

Ironically I'm actually not French, though I do speak it fluently :).

Re .hack//Trilogy if and when it's released (the US masters have been taking forever to materialize) then we'd be doing it similar to FR - a regular edition for a low price and one with a few LE items for a bit more, not on a GL pricing scale though.

Sword of the Stranger - price point just now is planned to be a maximum RRP of £19.99 for the 2 DVD edition which will include enough extras to merit the price. So nothing to run in fear of here :). I'll be looking at some good aggressive pre-order rates from online retailers too so it should be available for far less than RRP you'll be glad to hear.

Fudce said:
I definitly look forward to Gundam 00 volume 3, may consider picking this up at expo if I haven't already beforehand.

As for the other title... Scrapped Princess? It could be Lucky Star, but the way Bandai US have been treating that licence recently it may not be Lucky Star. Kurokami? I'd like to see that over here, given that Bandai gave it a worldwide simultaneous broadcast. (limited to the areas of the world they give a damn about)

I have to admit the worldwide broadcast bit hit home and irked me but there are reasons behind that I can't really go into just now - but I likely will at our panel at Aya to give background. Title wise it's not exactly a new title but it's one people have asked for a lot so we listened and pushed ahead with it.

Fudce said:
On an unrelated note Andrew, and I know I've asked you this in the past at cons and expos, but things have moved forward since then, so what are your thoughts on Bandai US's current trend for sub only releases, (Kannagi, Lucky Star OVA, Hayate the Combat Butler, etc...) and how does that affect you guys?

Sub releases only impact on us if we get the release as obviously we will be forced to use what materials are available to us sadly. What I would like to do is release them at a cheaper rate if we're doing so for the same quality as shows like Gurren Lagann and Gundam 00 have received to compensate - but time will tell depending on license availability etc for titles!

Personally the show I would love to license right now even if it's just for DVD is Xam'D - as it's an amazing show with a star-studded team behind it. One can dream...

beez_andrew said:
I have to admit the worldwide broadcast bit hit home and irked me but there are reasons behind that I can't really go into just now - but I likely will at our panel at Aya to give background.
I look forward to that story, but I figured it irked you a bit. For us who buy the DVDs as well it's always annoying when companies announce things as 'worldwide' and then limit them to North America only (or even just the USA sometimes - which really annoys Canadians)

beez_andrew said:
Title wise it's not exactly a new title but it's one people have asked for a lot so we listened and pushed ahead with it.
It IS Scrapped Princess! :roll:

There will be lots of crying if Beez use the Bandai versions. Scrapped Princess has the worst case of shimmering I've seen. A couple of episodes escaped but nearly all of the episodes suffer.

Beez prices + low quality DVDs = rip-off

I hope I'm wrong for newbs who don't import and it's Beez prices + quality.

Aion said:
There will be lots of crying if Beez use the Bandai versions. Scrapped Princess has the worst case of shimmering I've seen. A couple of episodes escaped but nearly all of the episodes suffer.

Beez prices + low quality DVDs = rip-off

I hope I'm wrong for newbs who don't import and it's Beez prices + quality.

You're both completely wrong, it's not Scrapped Princess and the whole point of this release is down to the quality :).

Back