Beez Entertainment Discussion

Aion said:
Arbalest said:
So is it out or not out(Gundam 00)? I mean that amazon are apparently dispatching it now, whereas Play are not. So i'm a little confused as to when i'd get it and such.

So I'm always more than willing to help a person in need, being the kind-hearted and pure soul I am...

http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=1087528

That's the US version. It's the UK version we're talking about. (especially since this is the Beez Entertainment thread)

...or he could just order the R1 set and save £8. That's what I'd do...if I hadn't put it on pre-order, forgot and had it sent a few days ago.

The difference between R1 & 2 is a handset hack, in most cases.

Aion said:
...or he could just order the R1 set and save £8. That's what I'd do...if I hadn't put it on pre-order, forgot and had it sent a few days ago.

The difference between R1 & 2 is a handset hack, in most cases.

The R1 RE is the same as the R2 RE, essentially, and the price (after online discounts and shipping/fees) shouldn't be that far apart either. The R1 LE is quite different. The R1 LE comes with a few manga and that's it.

Really though, while saving a few quid is one thing, I'd much rather have the UK version, since it's one of those rare occasions where the UK version is out before the US one - yes, it's only by one day (going by the official release dates) but normally we're months if not years behind.

Fudce said:
Arbalest said:
So is it out or not out(Gundam 00)? I mean that amazon are apparently dispatching it now, whereas Play are not. So i'm a little confused as to when i'd get it and such.

It's released on 20th July. Forbidden Planet in Birmingham City Centre have it in stock, as do Amazon, apparantly. Play.com don't appear to have it in stock yet, or if they do they are holding it until closer to the release date.

The Amazon/Play situation could possibly be due to the warehouse locations. Play.com is located on the Channel Islands, whilst Amazon have warehouses on the mainland.

So if you have an order at play.com, wait a few days. If it doesn't ship, you could change your order to amazon.

Ahh i see, thanks.

@Aion: I'd rather get the UK one as thats the one i've been waiting to pick up, as for the 00 manga and such that are available, i can easily pick them up seperately when i get the chance.

Arbalest said:
Fudce said:
Arbalest said:

It's released on 20th July. Forbidden Planet in Birmingham City Centre have it in stock, as do Amazon, apparantly. Play.com don't appear to have it in stock yet, or if they do they are holding it until closer to the release date.

The Amazon/Play situation could possibly be due to the warehouse locations. Play.com is located on the Channel Islands, whilst Amazon have warehouses on the mainland.

So if you have an order at play.com, wait a few days. If it doesn't ship, you could change your order to amazon.

Ahh i see, thanks.

@Aion: I'd rather get the UK one as thats the one i've been waiting to pick up, as for the 00 manga and such that are available, i can easily pick them up seperately when i get the chance.

I see this question has been answered already but to confirm, official release date is the 20th, but stock is usually shipped early and some retailers put it up as it comes in just!

Fudce said:
The R1 RE is the same as the R2 RE, essentially, and the price (after online discounts and shipping/fees) shouldn't be that far apart either. The R1 LE is quite different. The R1 LE comes with a few manga and that's it.

Really though, while saving a few quid is one thing, I'd much rather have the UK version, since it's one of those rare occasions where the UK version is out before the US one - yes, it's only by one day (going by the official release dates) but normally we're months if not years behind.

Sorry for the delayed reply Fudce - glad you got your answer even if it was via FP directly just!

Aion said:
Arbalest said:

Since I'm always more than willing to help a person in need, being the kind-hearted and pure soul I am...

http://www.dvdpacific.com/item.asp?ID=1087528

I don't find that as particularly helpful on this thread, I'm fine with the usual discussion about pricing both in this thread and elsewhere, but when someone asks specifically about the UK product on a thread meant to be about Beez products then posting the US price is not relevant and comes across completely the wrong way.

What may have been meant as perhaps a nice money saving gesture comes across to me at least as malicious towards our release of Gundam 00! If you don't mind in future if someone is asking a question about a UK release on a thread meant for someone else to answer, either answer it with a relevant answer (keeping in mind the user was not asking "Where can I get this product cheaply?" but "Is it out in the UK yet or not?".) or leave it be. A completely relevant question would be to compare releases and discuss prices (it's been brought up before but if there's something to add I'm all for discussing it again :)).

Sorry Arbalest for dragging your post into it and hope your question has been answered too :)!

That's fair enough Andrew, but it would be nice if you could give people a bit more information which would make them more likely to buy the UK releases - For example, the Gurren Lagann and Gundam 00 LE's; we had no idea what the packaging was going to be like until Dave posted pictures in this thread here on the day it was released and Fudce put pictures up in this thread yesterday. I was happy as I had already preordered my copy of Lagann, but others might have been more interested in these LE's if they had had pictures of the sets beforehand.

I don't want this to come across the wrong way as I am very encouraged by the way Beez are heading (I'm one of those who brought up the pricing issue last year, and for me it's been rectified - we're getting value for money now) but just thought I'd try and contribute a little "constructive criticism".

ayase said:
That's fair enough Andrew, but it would be nice if you could give people a bit more information which would make them more likely to buy the UK releases - For example, the Gurren Lagann and Gundam 00 LE's; we had no idea what the packaging was going to be like until Dave posted pictures in this thread here on the day it was released and Fudce put pictures up in this thread yesterday. I was happy as I had already preordered my copy of Lagann, but others might have been more interested in these LE's if they had had pictures of the sets beforehand.

Sure thing - I'm sorry to all parties in question - I just received my PR stock over the last few days so was going to sort it and take photos tomorrow except I got beaten to it :)! In future I'll do more shots as when possible though :).

ayase said:
I don't want this to come across the wrong way as I am very encouraged by the way Beez are heading (I'm one of those who brought up the pricing issue last year, and for me it's been rectified - we're getting value for money now) but just thought I'd try and contribute a little "constructive criticism".

Constructive criticism is always welcome so no need to worry - it came out fine :)!

Hey, this question has absolutely nothing to do with anything everyones talking about but I was just wondering. Cowboy Bebop Collection Box 2 is out of print, right? I can't find it anywhere. If this isn't the kind of question that should be directed at you, ignore me! Danke.

sheentaku said:
I pre orded volume 2 OF Gurren Lagann, Any idea when volume 3 is out?
Came here to ask the same question actually. I presumed it would be in September, but seeing as it hasn't been rated by the BBFC yet (while the others were back at the start of June)..
So yeah Andrew, do you know when the 3rd final volume will be out?

Zeouterlimits said:
sheentaku said:
Came here to ask the same question actually. I presumed it would be in September, but seeing as it hasn't been rated by the BBFC yet (while the others were back at the start of June)..

Might have been asked and answered but any news on what the Vol 3 Ltd Ed will include?

iisan said:
Hey, this question has absolutely nothing to do with anything everyones talking about but I was just wondering. Cowboy Bebop Collection Box 2 is out of print, right? I can't find it anywhere. If this isn't the kind of question that should be directed at you, ignore me! Danke.

It is out of print now, but I'll have some news regarding the show shortly as well as some other stuff too I hope *touch wood* :).

- Andrew

sheentaku said:

Volume 3 should be out in time for London Expo October, along with Sword of the Stranger on DVD and probably Code Geass box 1 of 2.

- Andrew

Zeouterlimits said:
sheentaku said:

See above, plan is end of October - i.e. once every two months :).

Rog said:
Zeouterlimits said:
sheentaku said:

Might have been asked and answered but any news on what the Vol 3 Ltd Ed will include?

TBC just now if there'll be an LE version of the third as there have been a number of problems licensing-wise with the second one that may render it hard to do a final LE based on available extras! I'll be looking into that today/tomorrow and get back to you on it though :).

beez_andrew said:
TBC just now if there'll be an LE version of the third as there have been a number of problems licensing-wise with the second one that may render it hard to do a final LE based on available extras! I'll be looking into that today/tomorrow and get back to you on it though :).
Erm... There will be a V.3 of Gurren Lagann packaged in-keeping with the first LE volume though, right? :?

And can you give us any examples of these "problems" distributors seem to constantly keep having with licensing? I know I'm not an insider on these matters but don't you kinda... draw up contracts with the license holders beforehand to refer back to and avoid problems later on?

Back