Beez Entertainment Discussion

Just a random question about supply. I've had an order at anime-on-line for the Gunbuster Blu-Ray box set for a couple of months now and so far it's been a no show (but my order is still live). Do you think they're likely to ever get it back in stock? Thanks!

Ushio said:
Just a random question about supply. I've had an order at anime-on-line for the Gunbuster Blu-Ray box set for a couple of months now and so far it's been a no show (but my order is still live). Do you think they're likely to ever get it back in stock? Thanks!
Not sure this is a question for Beez (except if anime on line claims they didn't fulfill your order because they can't get stock).

I see Gunbuster available in stock at amazon and play. Maybe it's just an anime on line issue.

chaos said:
Ushio said:
Not sure this is a question for Beez (except if anime on line claims they didn't fulfill your order because they can't get stock).

I see Gunbuster available in stock at amazon and play. Maybe it's just an anime on line issue.
Uh, where do you see that then chaos? :p

I can't even find it at Play... I always thought the Blu-ray boxed set with the bonus disc was a limited edition and is now OOP (you can still get the two individual films easily enough). I'm sure Andrew will correct me if I'm wrong though.

ayase said:
chaos said:
Ushio said:

Uh, where do you see that then chaos? :p

I can't even find it at Play... I always thought the Blu-ray boxed set with the bonus disc was a limited edition and is now OOP (you can still get the two individual films easily enough). I'm sure Andrew will correct me if I'm wrong though.
On top of my cupboard waiting for a nice weekend to watch it.

Sorry for that Ushio, jumped the gun on that one. What I've seen was the individuals bluray discs, but the box set is well worth waiting for it.

Edit:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gunbuster-Vs-Di ... 628&sr=1-1

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/6707929/ ... Price&fb=0

Tachi- said:
does andrew actually check this still?

Yes. Andrew is just incredibly busy and has many things he has to do both at work and in my personal life (i.e. when I normally write replies!)

- Andrew

EDIT: Actually since my last response was a week ago, I'm bemused by this question...

Ushio said:

Should be back soon - however just now at least at LDMS' warehouse we're out of stock. I'll get on that, but I believe Chaos' links have stock left perhaps :)!

- Andrew

beez_andrew said:
Tachi- said:
does andrew actually check this still?

Yes. Andrew is just incredibly busy and has many things he has to do both at work and in my personal life (i.e. when I normally write replies!)

- Andrew

EDIT: Actually since my last response was a week ago, I'm bemused by this question...

ahh, i've been listening to the podcasts on eyeonanime and heard your interview thing at a cafe at octobers expo. so was wondering if your still about.

beez_andrew said:
Ushio said:

Should be back soon - however just now at least at LDMS' warehouse we're out of stock. I'll get on that, but I believe Chaos' links have stock left perhaps :)!

- Andrew
Thanks dude, I'll sit tight. :D

Question, either for Andrew or anyone smarter than I :D :

On Amazon they have 2 editions of volume one of Gurren Lagann, but neither is titled the limited edition and both now have the same price of being marked down to £24.98 (€30 for us lonesome Irish).
Hereand here.
As you'll see the first has an RRP of £55, i.e. the limited edition price.

Is it safe to order this to get the limited edition?

Zeouterlimits said:
Is it safe?
Yes, it's safe. It's very safe. So safe you wouldn't believe it.

I ordered the Special Edition a while ago and have now taken a screengrab of the page with that price in case Amazon tries to fob me off and pretend it never happened. Pre-order price guarantee remember! :D

beez_andrew said:

- Andrew

Actually I have a question. Will Beez be licencing Scrapped Princess at all?

erm, jk. But seriously, what can you tell us about how the Gundam 00 LE will look?

Fudce said:
erm, jk. But seriously, what can you tell us about how the Gundam 00 LE will look?

I answered my own question. :)

Spotted both the RE and LE versions in town today, several weeks early. The guys behind the counter were nice enough to let me take a pic of the innards and box (crap quality since I only had my mobile to hand)

g001.png
g002a.png

The DVD itself seems to come in a non-standard box, different to the Gurren Lagann box. The figurine (of Exia Gundam) is individually boxed, and appears to be as tall as the diameter of a DVD. The keyring is a flat character (Setsuna) and the patch is round and... patch like. The artbox is a toploader, with the removable 'lid' being about one third from the top. It's similar but the reverse of the US Ah! My Goddess artboxes - if you've ever seen one of those.

I didn't buy it, since it was full price and I already have a preorder for less at play.com, but given that they had it for sale in town, it shouldn't be long before the e-tailers start shipping.

Fudce said:
It's similar but the reverse of the US Ah! My Goddess artboxes - if you've ever seen one of those.
Thank **** for that. What a shocking box design that was, the number of times I've picked it up and had something fall out, or the trouble you have getting it to stack up properly when there were only one or two discs in there...

Ryo Chan said:
how did they have it in stock? it's not out till end of month is it?

Quite often stock is sent out early so that the retailers have it in stock ready, and quite often street dates are broken. Normally it's by one or two days but it can be a month in advance if you're lucky.

From the looks of things they had only recently unpacked it, since they had the DVD storage folder out and were filing away newly arrived discs.

So is it out or not out(Gundam 00)? I mean that amazon are apparently dispatching it now, whereas Play are not. So i'm a little confused as to when i'd get it and such.

Arbalest said:
So is it out or not out(Gundam 00)? I mean that amazon are apparently dispatching it now, whereas Play are not. So i'm a little confused as to when i'd get it and such.

It's released on 20th July. Forbidden Planet in Birmingham City Centre have it in stock, as do Amazon, apparantly. Play.com don't appear to have it in stock yet, or if they do they are holding it until closer to the release date.

The Amazon/Play situation could possibly be due to the warehouse locations. Play.com is located on the Channel Islands, whilst Amazon have warehouses on the mainland.

So if you have an order at play.com, wait a few days. If it doesn't ship, you could change your order to amazon.

Back