Beez Entertainment Discussion

J_C_X said:
Depends really, Final Fantasy: AC entered the top 10 DVD's as did the Spirits Within movie. Final Fantasy VII: the Last Order could and should be a hit anime, if a digital channel nabbed this I'm sure the numbers would be good.

If the Fullmetal Alchemist PS2 games were released here I'm sure there would be a surge of interest in the anime, probaly becuase the SquareEnix logo.

FFVII: AC actually topped the overall charts for a week when it was released. It outsold every other DVD that week - very impressive, I think! If more of an effort had been made to ride the wave of FFVII:AC, anime could have benefitted.

Yeah, the FMA games would be garunteed sellers because of the Square Enix logo - it would really help raise the profile of anime among JRPG fans. But, of course, none of this will ever happen because this is the UK and nothing regarding anime ever happens here :(

CitizenGeek said:
J_C_X said:
Depends really, Final Fantasy: AC entered the top 10 DVD's as did the Spirits Within movie. Final Fantasy VII: the Last Order could and should be a hit anime, if a digital channel nabbed this I'm sure the numbers would be good.

If the Fullmetal Alchemist PS2 games were released here I'm sure there would be a surge of interest in the anime, probaly becuase the SquareEnix logo.

FFVII: AC actually topped the overall charts for a week when it was released. It outsold every other DVD that week - very impressive, I think! If more of an effort had been made to ride the wave of FFVII:AC, anime could have benefitted.

Yeah, the FMA games would be garunteed sellers because of the Square Enix logo - it would really help raise the profile of anime among JRPG fans. But, of course, none of this will ever happen because this is the UK and nothing regarding anime ever happens here :(

Well there you go, I'm sure when the Last Order gets released it will do the same.

beez_andrew said:
CitizenGeek said:
Question: Are there any plans to release some Gundam boxsets?
Conan-san said:
Addium: especaily of the Seed Kind?

To answer both questions - box-wise - personally I would love to do something Gundam box wise, but right now I'm looking at the options. What I'd really like to do is as Gundam Seed is airing on TV soon to split the series into two digipacks like we did with .hack//SIGN (the 7 DVDs from the series + OVAs over two digipacks). So watch this space is all I can really say for now - as it's likely but not scheduled in quite yet.
Waoh, hond on a sec...*wikis it*, huh, toaly missed that AC was going to air Seed.

Ah well, at least there's plans for Bricks, seriosuly, I knew they were forthwith but I just know I'll end up buying the whole series in singles only for the bricks to come out.

For a Uni student on a somewhat tightarse budget, that's a fair concern.

CitizenGeek said:
J_C_X said:

The strengh of FFVII in the UK is quite unbelievable almost 10 years after it's initial release, anything associated can still top the DVD charts. I could how could only speculate how many copies it must of sold to top the charts, tens of thousands easily.

As I've tried to point out the anime market in the UK is there, it just seems no one can reach it. I think the upcoming Afro Samurai game may raise awareness of the series and bring healthy numbers to encourage more to take a chance.

CitizenGeek said:
Yeah, the FMA games would be garunteed sellers because of the Square Enix logo
You really think so?

Project Sylpheed lasted about three weeks before hitting the bargain bin...I'm on the Xbox forums pretty much every day and very VERY few people even have it in their last five played games.

Aaron said:
CitizenGeek said:
You really think so?

Project Sylpheed lasted about three weeks before hitting the bargain bin...I'm on the Xbox forums pretty much every day and very VERY few people even have it in their last five played games.

Project what?

DaNiMe-sama said:
Aaron said:
CitizenGeek said:
You really think so?

Project what?

To be fair, Sylpheed isn't exactly an RPG.

Blue Dragon has sold far better the Sylpheed, I mean the JRPG market is the closest thing to anime and it's huge.

Aaron said:
CitizenGeek said:
You really think so?

Well, Xbox is a different issue. The Square Enix logo means little to the Xbox crowd (being as that console doesn't really cater to fans of Japanese games at all). But, for PlayStation users, the Square Enix logo definately means something.

Ryo Chan said:
beez_andrew said:
Ryo Chan said:
setochaos said:
Hi Andrew, this is one question I've never seen answered. I don't know if you or any one else will be able to answer it but I'll ask anyway.

Why has Dragonball/Z/GT never been released uncut over here?

Easy, some french company owns the rights to the European release of DBZ dvds but refuses to sell it off to Funimation or anyone else, hence where the horribly dubbed movies we had released here came from

Afraid that's not the case to my knowledge (having checked on it a year or so back) - though I'd be interested to hear where you heard that one :).

Ah my info was from about 3 years ago, so no idea if it's changed since then, found it out from the HQ after ordering some more DVD's for Toys'r'us XD

I think the situation changed drastically after that to be honest - as it's not such an issue now! Sorry for the late reply - things have been a tad busy here of late!

CitizenGeek said:
Hey Andrew,

Are there any plans to re-print the Gundam Wing boxsets? I can't find the first one anywhere.

Sorry for the slow reply! There should be - will look into it and hopefully have that fixed up before London Expo!

It is nice to have a Beez representative here, especially with Beez being my favourite distributor due to the likes of Gundam Seed, .Hack and Stratos4.

I've got no questions for the moment but it would be nice to get the chance to talk sometime.

Hey Andrew, do you know if there is any plans to bring out some of the remaining Gundam series out over here, like Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket or the 8th MS Team or even old shows like Zeta Gundam and G Gundam?

Lelouch said:
Is code geass coming to U.K?

I don't think the dub is even finished yet. Its licensed by Bandai and a good amount of there properties have made it to our shores, So the chances are quite high that it will be available over here in the near future.

Jayme said:
Lelouch said:
Is code geass coming to U.K?

I don't think the dub is even finished yet. Its licensed by Bandai and a good amount of there properties have made it to our shores, So the chances are quite high that it will be available over here in the near future.

The dub may not have even really started yet, its not got a confirmed date for the first volume i think yet in the US, so i would think several months minimum until anything comes over here.

Andrew me old china, could i trouble you with some questions and such for an article i'm going to be doing. Wouldnt take up more than 5 minutes of your time, similar to what our lovely Nargis has done previously.

Back