Beez Entertainment Discussion

beez_andrew said:
harkins said:
I’ve just posted the follwing in the News & Rumours forum regarding the Beez Gunbuster 2 release.

harkins said:
Good news this, and I’m definitely going to pick this up, but in a review of the pricey R1 release on ANN I noticed that they mentioned that it is ‘sub only’ and that it has suffers the “occasional spelling error or bit of clumsy wording in the amateurishly-fonted subtitlesâ€

Tasker said:
Sorry but this means no purchase for me, which is a shame because I was looking forward to it. :(

I usually prefer dubs, but I'll make an exception for Gunbuster 2.

harkins said:
As a token of faith I’m hanging on for the UK Gundam SEED collection release(s) regardless of any issues or not with the R1 versions. I believe that the future is bright and that the future is Gundam!

Indeed, I can't wait for Gundam! Though I think we'll be waiting a very long time for the sets :[

Tasker said:
beez_andrew said:
Unfortunately it will also be a sub only release due to costs...

Sorry but this means no purchase for me, which is a shame because I was looking forward to it. :(

Sorry to hear that - but at 24.99 you'll be able to get it cheaper on play.com or the Bandai UK shop at least.

Although not possible for this title - what I can do is if we are faced with this kind of situation with a title in future then we can look at creating one for that instead :). Depends on this one being a success unfortunately though!

harkins said:
Genuine thanks for the response Andrew, I appreciate the effort of an overly long day at work. As I prefer subs I’m not fussed by the lack of dubs, but wouldn’t it be great if one day the UK was in a position to be able to provide a dub if necessary?! Fingers crossed hey?!

As a token of faith I’m hanging on for the UK Gundam SEED collection release(s) regardless of any issues or not with the R1 versions. I believe that the future is bright and that the future is Gundam!

No problem! As for the UK being in a position to provide a dub if necessary, that is something on my mind at present! It all hinges on a lot of different factors though annoyingly...

You won't be disappointed by the SEED collections I have to say, having seen the prototype boxes for each, they look good so far!

Hey. if Subs only is an option in the future (and it should be cheaper than dub(S) only as the BBFC couln't double dip) is there a chance for geting some of Media Blasters' DVDs?

I'd like me some GaoGaiGar an' Genshiken UK release.

beez_andrew said:
You won't be disappointed by the SEED collections I have to say, having seen the prototype boxes for each, they look good so far!

Stop doing that! :p Telling us how awesome the SEED collections are, and then leaving us completely in the dark about when they'll release, and what they'll include! :/

beez_andrew said:
Tasker said:
beez_andrew said:
Unfortunately it will also be a sub only release due to costs...

Sorry to hear that - but at 24.99 you'll be able to get it cheaper on play.com or the Bandai UK shop at least.

Although not possible for this title - what I can do is if we are faced with this kind of situation with a title in future then we can look at creating one for that instead :). Depends on this one being a success unfortunately though!

Sorry, I should have explained more, it's not that I won't buy sub only products, but that I daren't.

I actually don't have a problem with subs in theory, one of my favourite series - the original Bubblegum Crisis, was only available as subs when I first bought it many moons ago on VHS, and i love it to bits even now.

However, a couple of years ago, I started to have bad migraines - so bad in fact, the doctors thought I was suffering from a series of mini strokes. The outcome of this was that my brain runs slower and can't 'keep up' with things as well as it used to, which includes subs.

If the subs run at the same speed as the ones i'm used to, i'd have to watch the series 3 times to get any sense out of it. Once for the words, once for the pictures, and once to piece them both into a whole. :?

Fortunatly, I don't think i'm as bad now as I used to be, so in the future I might be ok watching subs again, but for now it's just a pain. :( :(

CitizenGeek said:
Yeah, I'd love to Genshiken, too. Was that ever dubbed, btw? However, I think we need Haruhi Suzumiya first of all!

Genshiken was dubbed it's okay, but compared to the japanese it's rubbish, And i love dubs.

And i also want Haruhi! :eek:

Sorry to sound like a total noob, ignore this post if you want but, what anime exactly does Beez broadcast (or whatver word i should use instead of broadcast)

Spyro201 said:
Thanks. Your being really nice to me :lol: Thanks :)

Don't mention it :) While i'm here...Andrew can you gave more of a concrete date on when the s-cry-ed boxsets are coming out? I've had trouble locating the dvds and remembered that it was getting a box set release

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
Thanks. Your being really nice to me :lol: Thanks :)

Don't mention it :) While i'm here...Andrew can you gave more of a concrete date on when the s-cry-ed boxsets are coming out? I've had trouble locating the dvds and remembered that it was getting a box set release

At present the plan is for a release on 24/3/2008 - subject to change as we are getting a nice solid box done for it :).

This might have already been asked actually but here we go anyway. Are their any chances in getting any nice, cheap Anime Legends style M-lock sets?

Sy said:
This might have already been asked actually but here we go anyway. Are their any chances in getting any nice, cheap Anime Legends style M-lock sets?

M-lock sets are unlikely as we prefer other styles for release - what you can expect though are the following cheap releases:

Crest of the Stars soft box £24.99
s-Cry-ed Box £49.99
Stratos Box £24.99
Gunbuster 2 Digipack £24.99
Fantastic Children box £49.99

All hopefully count as cheap, excluding Gunbuster each of those come in at under £10 a DVD plus a nice art box with each :).

There will also be more boxes later in the year so keep an eye out for those too! Will mention more on them nearer the time!

Does that help at all?

beez_andrew said:
Crest of the Stars soft box £24.99
s-Cry-ed Box £49.99
Stratos Box £24.99
Fantastic Children box £49.99

Will any of theese be the full series?

Also i can't seem to find anything out about this 'Stratos' is there anyway you could give me some info?

Back