Autumn 2015 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

GolGotha said:
Buzz201 said:
They're threatening that the show will explode into the UK any time soon, but I doubt any UK TV channels are interested...

What about KIX TV?

Could they afford it if they wanted it? Baring in mind, this is "the next big thing" with a huge line of Hasbro toys in the works, multiple video games, a pre-existing licensing deal for the UK. I can't imagine Viz Media Europe are giving it away, then again they're also talking as if huge success and exposure are a done deal, so maybe they already have somewhere lined up. I'd have guessed they'd go after CITV, but who knows if CITV would actually want it?

Considering that Disney XD air the series in North America, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being shown on the UK arm. Other than that, I see CITV being a likely possibility.
The series would likely get a lot of exposure on Cartoon Network, but considering their number of extremely popular in-house stuff, I doubt they'd be interested. Also, putting it on KIX TV would be akin to sending the series out to die tbh.

st_owly said:
Geological =/= geographical :lol: Is it only available to igneous rather than sedimentary rocks? Thanks for the giggles.
geodude.jpg

I poked the show's main writer to see if he can clarify the situation but he actually doesn't know himself.

Joshawott said:
Considering that Disney XD air the series in North America, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being shown on the UK arm. Other than that, I see CITV being a likely possibility.

Different licenser in the UK, Dentsu and Hasbro are handling it together in the US, Viz Media Europe have Europe.

As expected, Yo-Kai Watch will be locked to the US and Canada.

If Viz Media Europe hold the streaming rights for this continent, I hope they opt for either YouTube themselves or a popular service like Netflix. It will be tragically hilarious if they put it on Animax - considering that the service is exclusive to Sony's platforms and Yo-Kai Watch is on Nintendo's (with them even publishing the games here). Another possibility I could see, is the series appearing on the 3DS' "Nintendo Anime Channel" app.

Buzz201 said:
GolGotha said:
Buzz201 said:
They're threatening that the show will explode into the UK any time soon, but I doubt any UK TV channels are interested...

What about KIX TV?

Could they afford it if they wanted it? Baring in mind, this is "the next big thing" with a huge line of Hasbro toys in the works, multiple video games, a pre-existing licensing deal for the UK. I can't imagine Viz Media Europe are giving it away, then again they're also talking as if huge success and exposure are a done deal, so maybe they already have somewhere lined up. I'd have guessed they'd go after CITV, but who knows if CITV would actually want it?
I thought CITV were the most receptive of Inzauma Eleven (Besides Kix and, let's face it, Kix is the TV Equivalent of The Island of Misfit Toys) and only ran into the issue of there not being more episodes dubbed.

Besides that, I wouldn't trust Viz anything to tie their shoelaces without somehow thinking they didn't own the UK Rights to do so (so many digital volumes of Food Wars, not bought)

ConanThe3rd said:
I thought CITV were the most receptive of Inzauma Eleven (Besides Kix and, let's face it, Kix is the TV Equivalent of The Island of Misfit Toys) and only ran into the issue of there not being more episodes dubbed.

Besides that, I wouldn't trust Viz anything to tie their shoelaces without somehow thinking they didn't own the UK Rights to do so (so many digital volumes of Food Wars, not bought)
Viz have already signed a merchandising deal specifically for the UK and the PR guff I read specifically mentioned the anime. I don't think there's any risk of them forgetting they have it, it's only manga they do that to, and that might just be because they use an outside publisher for distribution.

Have you checked the Weekly Shonen Jump site? They have a couple of titles that aren't available digitally elsewhere on there. Unfortunately, they're DRMed though, but there's an easy but time-consuming way to get rid of it.

Shiroi Hane said:
Viz Europe also signed a merchandise deal for Terraformars, and look what happened to that...
Level 5 probably can't pull **** like that, and I'm guessing Warner Bros. brought out Viz's contract. I can't see Level 5 having the inclination to do that.

Buzz201 said:
ConanThe3rd said:

Viz have already signed a merchandising deal specifically for the UK and the PR guff I read specifically mentioned the anime. I don't think there's any risk of them forgetting they have it, it's only manga they do that to, and that might just be because they use an outside publisher for distribution.

Have you checked the Weekly Shonen Jump site? They have a couple of titles that aren't available digitally elsewhere on there. Unfortunately, they're DRMed though, but there's an easy but time-consuming way to get rid of it.

Yeah, no. A bad solution is no solution at all.

kuuderes_shadow said:
Animax has episode 2 of Valkyrie Drive available for free users, without ever having made ep 1 available.

さすがAnimax

Shomin Sample ep 3 is available free. Episode 2 has never left the paywall.

Do they do this on purpose?

Not just US & CA:

regionsAllowed:AD,AE,AF,AG,AI,AL,AM,AO,AQ,AR,AS,AT,AU,AW,AX,AZ,BA,BB,BD,BE,BF,BG,BH,BI,BJ,BL,BM,BN,BO,BQ,BR,BS,BT,BV,BW,BY,BZ,CC,CD,CF,CG,CH,CI,CK,CL,CM,CN,CO,CR,CU,CV,CW,CX,CY,CZ,DE,DJ,DK,DM,DO,DZ,EC,EE,EG,EH,ER,ES,ET,FI,FJ,**,FM,FO,FR,GA,GB,GD,GE,GF,GG,GH,GI,GL,GM,GN,GP,GQ,GR,GS,GT,GU,GW,GY,HK,HM,HN,HR,HT,HU,ID,IE,IL,IM,IN,IO,IQ,IR,IS,IT,JE,JM,JO,JP,KE,KG,KH,KI,KM,KN,KP,KR,KW,KY,KZ,LA,LB,LC,LI,LK,LR,LS,LT,LU,LV,LY,MA,MC,MD,ME,MF,MG,MH,MK,ML,MM,MN,MO,MP,MQ,MR,MS,MT,MU,MV,MW,MX,MY,MZ,NA,NC,NE,NF,NG,NI,NL,NO,NP,NR,NU,NZ,OM,PA,PE,PF,PG,PH,PK,PL,PM,PN,PR,PS,PT,PW,PY,QA,RE,RO,RS,RU,RW,SA,SB,SC,SD,SE,SG,SH,SI,SJ,SK,SL,SM,SN,SO,SR,SS,ST,SV,SX,SY,SZ,TC,TD,TF,TG,TH,TJ,TK,TL,TM,TN,TO,TR,TT,TV,TW,TZ,UA,UG,UM,UY,UZ,VA,VC,VE,VG,VI,VN,VU,WF,WS,YE,YT,ZA,ZM,ZW

--edit--
Actually, US and CA aren't included.

--edit2--
GB and IE are.

Shiroi Hane said:
Not just US & CA:

regionsAllowed:AD,AE,AF,AG,AI,AL,AM,AO,AQ,AR,AS,AT,AU,AW,AX,AZ,BA,BB,BD,BE,BF,BG,BH,BI,BJ,BL,BM,BN,BO,BQ,BR,BS,BT,BV,BW,BY,BZ,CC,CD,CF,CG,CH,CI,CK,CL,CM,CN,CO,CR,CU,CV,CW,CX,CY,CZ,DE,DJ,DK,DM,DO,DZ,EC,EE,EG,EH,ER,ES,ET,FI,FJ,**,FM,FO,FR,GA,GB,GD,GE,GF,GG,GH,GI,GL,GM,GN,GP,GQ,GR,GS,GT,GU,GW,GY,HK,HM,HN,HR,HT,HU,ID,IE,IL,IM,IN,IO,IQ,IR,IS,IT,JE,JM,JO,JP,KE,KG,KH,KI,KM,KN,KP,KR,KW,KY,KZ,LA,LB,LC,LI,LK,LR,LS,LT,LU,LV,LY,MA,MC,MD,ME,MF,MG,MH,MK,ML,MM,MN,MO,MP,MQ,MR,MS,MT,MU,MV,MW,MX,MY,MZ,NA,NC,NE,NF,NG,NI,NL,NO,NP,NR,NU,NZ,OM,PA,PE,PF,PG,PH,PK,PL,PM,PN,PR,PS,PT,PW,PY,QA,RE,RO,RS,RU,RW,SA,SB,SC,SD,SE,SG,SH,SI,SJ,SK,SL,SM,SN,SO,SR,SS,ST,SV,SX,SY,SZ,TC,TD,TF,TG,TH,TJ,TK,TL,TM,TN,TO,TR,TT,TV,TW,TZ,UA,UG,UM,UY,UZ,VA,VC,VE,VG,VI,VN,VU,WF,WS,YE,YT,ZA,ZM,ZW

--edit--
Actually, US and CA aren't included.

--edit2--
GB and IE are.

Are you 100% certain? Because I cannot get those videos to play from my UK IP address, but on a "trip to America" or a "trip to Canada" I can. There's something weird about the way it's been set up though, because it doesn't come up with a region error in the UK like it does on GundamInfo, it just won't play the video.

Also, the description contains the line "(This content is only available in the U.S. and Canada.)", so if it available, it's a mistake :p

I have no explanation.

I though from the "This video is not available." message it wasn't available anywhere at the moment (a region lock usually produces "The uploader has not made this video available in your country.")
Maybe they have changed regionsAllowed from a whitelist to a blacklist and haven't renamed it to match?

So.... for Aria the Scarlet Ammo ep 1 sub (which is available here) the regions on YouTube used to be:
AU,CA,GB,IE,NZ,US

They are now: AD,AE,AF,AG,AI,AL,AM,AO,AQ,AR,AS,AT,AW,AX,AZ,BA,BB,BD,BE,BF,BG,BH,BI,BJ,BL,BM,BN,BO,BQ,BR,BS,BT,BV,BW,BY,BZ,CC,CD,CF,CG,CH,CI,CK,CL,CM,CN,CO,CR,CU,CV,CW,CX,CY,CZ,DE,DJ,DK,DM,DO,DZ,EC,EE,EG,EH,ER,ES,ET,FI,FJ,**,FM,FO,FR,GA,GD,GE,GF,GG,GH,GI,GL,GM,GN,GP,GQ,GR,GS,GT,GU,GW,GY,HK,HM,HN,HR,HT,HU,ID,IL,IM,IN,IO,IQ,IR,IS,IT,JE,JM,JO,JP,KE,KG,KH,KI,KM,KN,KP,KR,KW,KY,KZ,LA,LB,LC,LI,LK,LR,LS,LT,LU,LV,LY,MA,MC,MD,ME,MF,MG,MH,MK,ML,MM,MN,MO,MP,MQ,MR,MS,MT,MU,MV,MW,MX,MY,MZ,NA,NC,NE,NF,NG,NI,NL,NO,NP,NR,NU,OM,PA,PE,PF,PG,PH,PK,PL,PM,PN,PR,PS,PT,PW,PY,QA,RE,RO,RS,RU,RW,SA,SB,SC,SD,SE,SG,SH,SI,SJ,SK,SL,SM,SN,SO,SR,SS,ST,SV,SX,SY,SZ,TC,TD,TF,TG,TH,TJ,TK,TL,TM,TN,TO,TR,TT,TV,TW,TZ,UA,UG,UM,UY,UZ,VA,VC,VE,VG,VI,VN,VU,WF,WS,YE,YT,ZA,ZM,ZW

For ep 1 dub (which is not available here) the list is:
AD,AE,AF,AG,AI,AL,AM,AO,AQ,AR,AS,AT,AU,AW,AX,AZ,BA,BB,BD,BE,BF,BG,BH,BI,BJ,BL,BM,BN,BO,BQ,BR,BS,BT,BV,BW,BY,BZ,CC,CD,CF,CG,CH,CI,CK,CL,CM,CN,CO,CR,CU,CV,CW,CX,CY,CZ,DE,DJ,DK,DM,DO,DZ,EC,EE,EG,EH,ER,ES,ET,FI,FJ,**,FM,FO,FR,GA,GB,GD,GE,GF,GG,GH,GI,GL,GM,GN,GP,GQ,GR,GS,GT,GU,GW,GY,HK,HM,HN,HR,HT,HU,ID,IE,IL,IM,IN,IO,IQ,IR,IS,IT,JE,JM,JO,JP,KE,KG,KH,KI,KM,KN,KP,KR,KW,KY,KZ,LA,LB,LC,LI,LK,LR,LS,LT,LU,LV,LY,MA,MC,MD,ME,MF,MG,MH,MK,ML,MM,MN,MO,MP,MQ,MR,MS,MT,MU,MV,MW,MX,MY,MZ,NA,NC,NE,NF,NG,NI,NL,NO,NP,NR,NU,NZ,OM,PA,PE,PF,PG,PH,PK,PL,PM,PN,PR,PS,PT,PW,PY,QA,RE,RO,RS,RU,RW,SA,SB,SC,SD,SE,SG,SH,SI,SJ,SK,SL,SM,SN,SO,SR,SS,ST,SV,SX,SY,SZ,TC,TD,TF,TG,TH,TJ,TK,TL,TM,TN,TO,TR,TT,TV,TW,TZ,UA,UG,UM,UY,UZ,VA,VC,VE,VG,VI,VN,VU,WF,WS,YE,YT,ZA,ZM,ZW

..which is the same list with AU,GB,IE&NZ added, and matches the list for Yokai Watch.

So yes, it is a blacklist.

Who knows, it's weird, both videos definitely play in the US though.

They're in 1080p too, which is nice, just have to put up with annoying banner ads for the Disney XD broadcast and YouTube uploads at certain points...

Back