Autumn 2015 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

NormanicGrav

Quintessential Grav
AUKN Staff
Disclaimer: Catalogue titles from September will be added to the Summer 2015 Legal Anime Streaming Thread until September 20th. On the 21st, new additions and catalogue titles will be added here.

If you want the full list of anime available to watch legally, you can check out the official thread here.

Summer is over folks, and it's time for another season of anime to watch. Last season we have witnessed a huge amount of popular shows and even a great number of catalogue titles for the UK & Ireland. Now it's time to see how Autumn (or Fall if you prefer that term) handles this next set of anime. This season will see dozens of continuations or spin-offs of popular shows including the likes of Aria the Scarlet Ammo, Attack on Titan, Fafner Exodus, Garo, Haikyuu!, Lupin the Third, Noragami, Seraph of the End and Yuru Yuri.

The following list below will provide what titles are accessible in the UK & Ireland via legal streaming services. I will also be listing the Funimation titles as many should be aware of what they tend to grab each season. In addition to the simulcasts is a timetable for when new episodes air as well as a list for new catalogue titles being added.

--------------------------------------------------------
Simulcast total:
Animax UK - 1
Crunchyroll - 35
Daisuki - 7
Funimation [US region only] - 14
Viewster - 3

Catalogue total:
Animax UK - 3
Crunchyroll - 0
Daisuki - 0
Netflix - 0
Viewster - 0
--------------------------------------------------------

Simulcasts (or Delaycasts on some titles):
- Anime de Training EX! (Anitore! EX) - Crunchyroll
- Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon (Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai) - Crunchyroll
- The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk) - Crunchyroll - Daisuki
- Beautiful Bones -Sakurako’s Investigation- (Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru) - Crunchyroll
- Bottom Biting Bug 4 (Oshiri Kajiri Mushi 4th Season) - Crunchyroll
- Brave Beats - Crunchyroll
- Cardfight!! Vanguard G GIRS Crisis (Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Gears Crisis-hen) - Crunchyroll - Daisuki
- Comet Lucifer - Viewster
- Concrete Revolutio (Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou) - Daisuki
- DD Fist of the North Star: Strawberry Flavour (Hokuto no Ken: Ichigo Aji) - Crunchyroll
- DD Fist of the North Star II (DD Hokuto no Ken II) - Crunchyroll
- Diabolik Lovers II: More,Blood - Crunchyroll
- Fafner: Dead Aggressor: Exodus S2 - Crunchyroll
- The File of Young Kindaichi Returns 2 (Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns 2nd Season) - Crunchyroll
- HackaDoll the Animation - Crunchyroll - Daisuki
- Haikyu!! Season 2 - Crunchyroll
- Hakone (Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan) - Crunchyroll
- Is the Order a Rabbit?? (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??) - Crunchyroll
- JK-MESHI! - Crunchyroll
- K: Return of Kings - Viewster
- Kagewani - Crunchyroll
- Komori-san Can't Decline (Komori-san wa Kotowarenai!) - Crunchyroll
- Lance N' Masques - Crunchyroll
- Lovely Muuuuuuuco! (Itoshi no Muco) - Crunchyroll
- Magical Somera-chan (Fushigi na Somera-chan) - Crunchyroll
- Miss Monochrome -The Animation- 3 - Crunchyroll
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (Kidou Senshi Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans) - Crunchyroll - Daisuki
- Monster Strike - Official Monster Strike YouTube Channel
- Mr. Osomatsu (Osomatsu-kun) - Crunchyroll
- One Punch Man - Animax UK - Daisuki
- Owarimonogatari - Crunchyroll - Daisuki
- The Peeping Life TV Season 1?? - Crunchyroll
- The Perfect Insider (Subete ga F ni Naru) - Crunchyroll
- Seraph of the End -Battle in Nagoya- (Owari no Seraph -Battle in Nagoya-) - Viewster
- Shin Atashinchi (Shin ATASHIn'CHI) - Crunchyroll
- Tantei Team KZ Jiken Note - Crunchyroll
- Teekyu 6 - Crunchyroll
- The Testament of Sister New Devil Burst (Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst) - Crunchyroll
- Utawarerumono: False Mask (UTAWARERUMONO -Itsuwari no Kamen-) - Crunchyroll
- World Trigger: Fugitives from Another World (World Trigger: Isekai kara no Toubousha) - Crunchyroll
- Young Black Jack - Crunchyroll
- Yuru Yuri Season 3 (Yuru Yuri San☆Hai!) - Crunchyroll

Catalog titles (as of September 21st onwards):
- 009 Re:Cyborg - Animax UK
- Giovanni's Island - Animax UK
- Patema Inverted - Animax UK

Specific Site Region Locked for Simulcasts:
- Comet Lucifer - Crunchyroll

Completely Region Locked for Simulcasts:
- A Chivalry of the Failed Knight (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry) - Hulu
- Aria the Scarlet Ammo Double A - Funimation
- Attack on Titan: Junior High (Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou) - Funimation
- Dance With Devils - Funimation
- Garo the Animation: The Crimson Moon (Garo: Guren no Tsuki) - Funimation
- Heavy Object - Funimation
- Noragami Aragoto - Funimation
- Shomin Sample (Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken) - Funimation
- STARMYU/High School Star Musical (Koukou Hoshi Kageki) - Funimation
- Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- - Funimation

Funimation's simulcasts: - BOLD are titles that have made it to UK accessible streams
- Aria the Scarlet Ammo Double A (Hidan no Aria AA)
- The Asterisk War: The Academy City on the Water (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk)
- Attack on Titan: Junior High (Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou)
- Concrete Revolutio (Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou)
- Dance With Devils
- Doamayger-D
- Garo the Animation: The Crimson Moon (Garo: Guren no Tsuki)
- Heavy Object
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (Kidou Senshi Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans)
- Noragami Aragoto
- Rainy Cocoa: Welcome to Rainy Color! (Ame-iro Cocoa: Rainy Color e Youkoso!)
- Seraph of the End -Battle in Nagoya- (Owari no Seraph -Battle in Nagoya-)
- Shomin Sample (Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken)
- STARMYU/High School Star Musical (Koukou Hoshi Kageki)
- Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-

Completely Region Locked for Catalogue titles:
- A Lull in the Sea (Nagi no Asukara) ~ English Dub version - Crunchyroll
- Lupin the Third: Part I - Crunchyroll
- Lupin the Third: Part III - Crunchyroll
- Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude Where We are Least Alone - Crunchyroll

Unlicensed:
- Kamisama Minarai: Himitsu no Cocotama
- Kowabon
- Lupin the Third: Part IV (Lupin the Third: L'avventura italiana)

Expired:
Abenobashi Magical Shopping District (Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai) - The Anime Network*
Death Parade - Viewster
Diamond Daydreams (Kita e.: Diamond Dust Drops) - The Anime Network*
Divergence Eve 2: Misaki Chronicles - The Anime Network*
Elfen Lied - The Anime Network*
Lady Death: The Motion Picture - The Anime Network*
Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden - The Anime Network*
Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok (Matantei Loki Ragnarok) - The Anime Network*
Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water - The Anime Network*
Nanaka 6/17 - The Anime Network*
Night Raid 1931 - The Anime Network*
Ouran High School Host Club - Viewster
Parasite Dolls - The Anime Network*
Pet Shop of Horrors - The Anime Network*
Princess Tutu - The Anime Network*
RahXephon - The Anime Network*
RahXephon: The Motion Picture (RahXephon: Pluralitas Concentio) - The Anime Network*
The Rolling Girls - Viewster
Sin: The Movie - The Anime Network*
Yatterman Night - Viewster

*While not necessarily removed from the site, due to a website changeover all titles are no longer free and were most likely region locked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Accessible Simulcasts Timetable:

Times for the titles listed below are based on their simulcast streaming service than it's original broadcast.

Viewster titles not listed due to their simulcasts not having a proper schedule (they appear on the day but not on the right time).

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blocked Simulcasts Timetable:

The following list includes titles that are available in our region but not on a specific service, i.e. Aoharu x Machinegun on Crunchyroll. This is because certain folks prefer one service over the other and Viewster does not have a fixed time.

Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Titles confirmed for Autumn 2015:

1 left that remain unlicensed for simulcast

October 11th:
Doshitemo Eto ni Hairitai (No Matter What I Want to Join the Zodiac)

Damn, I didn't think the new season was so close. I know I'll certainly be picking up One Punch Man, that AoT school thing and the new Monogatari season but I'm not sure what else. I think I might watch season 1 or Yuru Yuri so I can watch the new season. Other than that I'll probably just see what's popular around here again.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Damn, I didn't think the new season was so close. I know I'll certainly be picking up One Punch Man, that AoT school thing and the new Monogatari season but I'm not sure what else. I think I might watch season 1 or Yuru Yuri so I can watch the new season. Other than that I'll probably just see what's popular around here again.
No love for Is The Order A Rabbit???

There are technically two prior seasons of Yuru Yuri, just 24 episodes total though (I think).

I'm trying to decide if I want to re-watch Is The Order A Rabbit and Yuru Yuri before watching the new seasons. I'm more tempted by Gochiusa, possibly partly because it's just the one season. I did like Yuru Yuri but I remember finding it inconsistent. It certainly has some good moments but for some reason I don't rate it too highly compared to similar shows (which maybe isn't saying much considering how much I love this kind of thing). Maybe I'll watch the new season and if I really enjoy it I'll go back to see if my memory just isn't working properly (which is a distinct possibility, to be fair).

I'm once again out of touch as to what's going to be on otherwise. I haven't caught up with as much streaming as I had hoped to (though I've maybe watched more shows in general recently), so I might marathon some current shows once they're finished. Of course, that might mean I have less time to pick up new shows and fall further behind. Oh well.

Smeelia said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

There are technically two prior seasons of Yuru Yuri, just 24 episodes total though (I think).

I'm trying to decide if I want to re-watch Is The Order A Rabbit and Yuru Yuri before watching the new seasons. I'm more tempted by Gochiusa, possibly partly because it's just the one season. I did like Yuru Yuri but I remember finding it inconsistent. It certainly has some good moments but for some reason I don't rate it too highly compared to similar shows (which maybe isn't saying much considering how much I love this kind of thing). Maybe I'll watch the new season and if I really enjoy it I'll go back to see if my memory just isn't working properly (which is a distinct possibility, to be fair).

There's also the 3 Nachuyachumi episodes, with about 2 hours of content between them. No legal subbed version, though.

Personally I find Yuru Yuri to actually be more consistant than most.

Nothing really cries out to me for this season. Will probably at least look at the Bones thing because it's Bones and the Mappa thing because it's Mappa. Subete ga F/Perfect Insider has my attention because they invoked MC Escher in their promo art, but the fact that it's a light novel adaptation does not confidence fill me with.

It would be nice if someone would stream Lupin to the UK, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll probably take a loot at Heavy Object, Concrete Revolutio, Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans and One-Punch Man, because they all look interesting. I haven't really heard much about anything else, so maybe I'll pick up some that get good reviews. I'll continue with Seraph of the End and Ushio and Tora.

I'd give World Trigger: Fugitives From Another World a try, but I'm stuck on episode 17 of the original series, because I feel like the training wars arc is going to be too awkward for me to tolerate. My prediction is however, that no matter how great elements of the show (FFAW) are, it will look so ****, that you will never a positive word said about it. World Trigger seems like it would have been much better received had anybody other than Toei animated it, which is a shame, because it's quite good and manages to avoid a lot of the annoying shonen tropes of late...

Speaking of which, I believe World Trigger: Fugitives from Another World should be in the October date TBC list.

Professor Irony said:
Nothing really cries out to me for this season. Will probably at least look at the Bones thing because it's Bones and the Mappa thing because it's Mappa. Subete ga F/Perfect Insider has my attention because they invoked MC Escher in their promo art, but the fact that it's a light novel adaptation does not confidence fill me with.

It would be nice if someone would stream Lupin to the UK, but I'm not holding my breath.

Perfect Insider has my attention as well, though I wonder who'll pick it up considering it's A-1 Pictures (either Aniplex of America or possibly Funimation are my bets).

I second on Lupin, I wonder if it's on Andrew's radar. Would be cool to see Anime Limited handle the Lupin series (and when they do, they could co-operate with Discotek on various Lupin stuff).

NormanicGrav said:
Buzz201 said:

Ah god dammit I forgot about that one, I've check numerous chart line ups and they didn't even mention it. :lol:

I get the impression it was a very last minute thing, and Toei came up with the idea in a panic. From what I've heard it may very well exist purely because Toei has a slot on TV Ashai every week that needs filling, and they couldn't get anything else ready in time.

Either that or these charts are colluding to save everyone from the crapfest that is anything animated by Toei of late...

Buzz201 said:
NormanicGrav said:
Buzz201 said:

Ah god dammit I forgot about that one, I've check numerous chart line ups and they didn't even mention it. :lol:

I get the impression it was a very last minute thing, and Toei came up with the idea in a panic. From what I've heard it may very well exist purely because Toei has a slot on TV Ashai every week that needs filling, and they couldn't get anything else ready in time.

Either that or these charts are colluding to save everyone from the crapfest that is anything animated by Toei of late...

That's probably the case. I don't know what they were smoking but who would want to watch a series that's 100% filler material (a la Dragon Ball GT)? Unless they surprise the heck out of everyone and end up making the story better than the original source material.

NormanicGrav said:
That's probably the case. I don't know what they were smoking but who would want to watch a series that's 100% filler material (a la Dragon Ball GT)? Unless they surprise the heck out of everyone and end up making the story better than the original source material.

From the 17 or so episodes I've seen, there's some interesting medieval-style mythology going on in the titular other world, so I'm sure they could make something cool out of that. However the title very much suggests more aliens are crossing the border, so it's basically just a repeat of the main storyline but focussed slightly more on the aliens. I imagine it'll just be bog-standard shonen crap, but with that bad shopping centre lounge music, and some incredibly protracted sparkly transformation sequences.

My guess is they'll drop the bit I really liked about World Trigger, which was that it wasn't focussed on the super-powered, can do anything, physically 14 but mentally about the age of 8 douchebag that basically every other long running shonen series is, and just produce something so overwhelmingly generic instead.

I'm assuming by original source material you mean the TV show, the manga is really well liked. Reviews of the TV show seem to near universally be "skip it, read the manga instead."

Buzz201 said:
I'm assuming by original source material you mean the TV show, the manga is really well liked. Reviews of the TV show seem to near universally be "skip it, read the manga instead."
I actually meant the manga but yeah.

--------------------

Like I've said on the Summer thread, I decided to predict who'll license what from the Autumn season. This is my bets so far:

* = Confirmed for that distributor

Aniplex of America
*The Asterisk War (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk)
Concrete Revolutio (Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou)
Owarimonogatari
The Perfect Insider (Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider)

Funimation
A Chivalry of the Failed Knight (Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry)
A Corpse is Buried Under Sakurako's Feet. (Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru)
AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon" (Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai)
Aria the Scarlet Ammo AA (Hidan no Aria AA)
Attack on Titan: Junior High (Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou)
Garo the Animation: Guren no Tsuki
Heavy Object
High School Star Musical
Noragami Aragoto
Seraph of the End 'continuation from Spring season' (Owari no Seraph)
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-

NIS America
Yuru Yuri San☆Hai!

Ponycan USA
*Lance N' Masques

Sentai Filmworks
Comet Lucifer
Diabolik Lovers More,Blood
Fushigi na Somera-chan
Haikyuu!! 2
Is the Order a Rabbit?? (Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??)
Komori-san wa Kotowarenai!!
Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan
Story in Which I Was Kidnapped by a Young Lady's School to be a "Sample of the Common People" (Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken)

Viz Media
*K: Return of Kings
*One Punch Man

What do you guys/girls think?

I don't think Seraph of the End is a S2, as such, I believe it's a continuation of the first season (it was confirmed for 24 episodes at the start of it's run), so is probably already under licence to FUNimation and AL...

Most of the rest look right, but when you list them like that the season looks so depressing...

Buzz201 said:
I don't think Seraph of the End is a S2, as such, I believe it's a continuation of the first season (it was confirmed for 24 episodes at the start of it's run), so is probably already under licence to FUNimation and AL...

Most of the rest look right, but when you list them like that the season looks so depressing...

You get what I mean (should have just called it Part 2).

Smeelia said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

I'm once again out of touch as to what's going to be on otherwise. I haven't caught up with as much streaming as I had hoped to (though I've maybe watched more shows in general recently), so I might marathon some current shows once they're finished. Of course, that might mean I have less time to pick up new shows and fall further behind. Oh well.

Whoops. I completely overlooked that on the list. I'll definitely be watching that :p

NEW ADDITION: SIMULCAST

Milpom★
Daisuki
Japanese w/English subtitles
Regions: Worldwide except Japan

So the show starts this month so I figured I might as well add it to the Autumn line-up. It's a Original Net Animation from Bandai Namco Pictures, COVER, ASOBISYSTEM, and Vithmic apparently.

NEW ADDITION: SIMULCAST

Milpom★
Crunchyroll
Japanese w/English subtitles
Regions: Worldwide except Japan

This is Milpom:

11220863_492011870957581_1032807081120969240_n.jpg

wut.

Back