Autumn 2015 Legal Anime Streaming Thread

EXPIRING SOON - OCTOBER 31ST:

Daisuki will be delisting a whole bunch of titles at the end of the month. This isn't the first time that this has happened as they've delisted shows from previous seasons or catalogues before (most notably Gundam and Monogatari series: Second Season).

For the US region (these titles are still accessible on various sites/platforms):
The Irregular at Magic High School - Accessible on Netflix
Kill la Kill - Accessible on Netflix
Mekakucity Actors - Accessible on Animax
Mushishi -Next Passage- - Accessible on Crunchyroll & Netflix
Nisekoi - Accessible on Animax

For the UK region (note that all of the titles below will still be accessible over on Crunchyroll):
ALDNOAH.ZERO
Black Butler: Book of Circus
Hanamonogatari
Persona 4 the Golden ANIMATION
Sword Art Online: Extra Edition
Sword Art Online II

All 11 of these titles will be gone by October 31st.

On another note:
User Also did you guys here about this news? I'm so sad! The anime studio is shutting down that did a number of great animes. Like Samurai Champloo and Gangsta

Daisuki.net Yes, it's sad. Samurai Champloo was really cool. Hopefully, the production studios are getting back what they deserve. Too much piracy without any revenue for the ones who created the works ;_;

User Actually I've been wondering this for sometime. How does streaming services such as you guys help studios or individuals who create animes? We all know a the majority them don't make any a lot of money. Does a percentage of them go to them?

Daisuki.net Yes. And also, a very important part is that before the streaming, an MG (Guarantee) is paid to the licensors for the streaming rights. So, even if for the user, watching on illegal sites and watching on legal sites is the same thing ("for free") it is not the same at all for the production companies. But on the user's side, it is hard to understand because it's just for free anyways for them. Therefore, fan's awareness about legal offers is very important.

****. I've been meaning to watch Mekakucity Actors, but I was reading the novel and got distracted. Guess I'll have to get my act together...

thedoctor2016 said:
Well OPM ep 4 isn't appearing on Daisuki and they now have adverts on gundam

At least the adverts are about anime series, usually adverts on streaming websites are about things like cereal or something.

No idea why you saw it that many times, but even so that's a bit of an extreme attitude to have.

I saw the Concrete Revolutio advert as once One Punch Man started and one at the half way mark.

As did I. My only gripe with the ads is they aren't subtitled. The ads actually got me interested in watching Concrete Revolution as the visuals look amazing but I have no idea what it's about due to the lack of subs.

NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS - SIMULCAST: VIEWSTER EDITION:

CSUurmpWoAAeVWv.jpg

Chivalry of a Failed Knight
Original Japanese Title: Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry
Site: Viewster
Episode count: ## (4 eps available)
Language: Japanese w/English subtitles
Regions: UK & Ireland & Canada

The show was Hulu exclusive but it's now here for us.

Dannielle said:
Buzz201 said:
I'd be annoyed if I saw ads for Concrete Revolutio, that show is physically painful to look at.

Hope you enjoy looking at my new icon :lol:

This is not me being a dick, the design of that show is so busy that my eyes can't handle it and it's literally painful to watch...

Only three episodes of Chivalry of a Failed Knight showing up right now. Hopefully the fourth pops up this evening, not that it matters massively as gives me time to catch up. :)

COMPLETELY REGION LOCKED - CATALOGUE: VIEWSTER EDITION:

Fate/stay night
Original Japanese Title: Fate/stay night
Site: Viewster
Language: Japanese w/English subtitles
Regions: USA

THE FAIRY TAIL 2014 SERIES ON ANIMAX:

Random post but I figured I'll take the time to discuss the current situation with Fairy Tail Series 2 on Animax UK.

They have:
- Episodes 176-211 without any duplicate episodes or missing ones
- Episode 212 is missing
- Episodes 213-217 without any duplicate episodes or missing ones
- Episodes 218-219 are duplicated
- Episode 220 without any duplicate episodes or missing ones
- Episode 221 has been duplicated
- Episodes 222-226 without any duplicate episodes or missing ones
- Episode 227 has been duplicated
- Episodes 228-234 without any duplicate episodes or missing ones
- Episode 235 has been duplicated
- Episodes 236-239 without any duplicate episodes or missing ones
- Episodes 240-252 don't appear as the rights ended at that point. Viewster continues the trend from Episode 240 onwards but stops at 252.
- Episodes 253-255 appears without any duplicate episodes or missing ones and continue Animax's simulcasts.

On the other hand Crunchyroll has Episodes 176-255 without any issues.

Back