Anime retailers No Import Fees List

I think the definition of luxuries is the biggest problem with vat untill thinks like tampons go VAT free I won’t start moaning about paying it on importing which is a defo a luxury and I’m lucky I can afford

Relaxo

Brigade Leader
the more you think about it the more you realise what a joke the tax system is.
Why?
Depending on the seller, he may use "differential taxaction" (e.g. VAT is only charged for the price-difference between his buy- and his sale-price) or he charges full vat from is customer, but gets the "vat on input" back.

I don't have a problem with the import sales tax, but I hate the extra surcharges by the parcel delivery companies.

I just sent amazon.com a message asking why there is a handling charge when my order is under £15/$19
Another question I ask them is there is no vat on shipping until my order exceeds £15 too.

Ferensviel

Dandy Guy, in Space
I just sent amazon.com a message asking why there is a handling charge when my order is under £15/$19
Another question I ask them is there is no vat on shipping until my order exceeds £15 too.
I think the order total of both the item and shipping fee has to be under £15, as shipping fee contributes to the overall value they can charge VAT on. (In the past I've been charged for something that was £16ish including the shipping). If it already is under £15 including shipping I have no idea.

I think the order total of both the item and shipping fee has to be under £15, as shipping fee contributes to the overall value they can charge VAT on. (In the past I've been charged for something that was £16ish including the shipping). If it already is under £15 including shipping I have no idea.
Your incorrect, if your item is under £15 your exempt from fees. Over £15 they can charge 20% vat including the shipping.
And amazon just verified what I just said and are reimbursing me with a discount too as an apology.

The shipping is part of the import fee calculation once its over £15.

Amazon's calculator thing has always been wrong, and has counted shipping when the items value is under £15 its been a major gripe of mine for ages.