Anime retailers No Import Fees List

I think the definition of luxuries is the biggest problem with vat untill thinks like tampons go VAT free I won’t start moaning about paying it on importing which is a defo a luxury and I’m lucky I can afford

the more you think about it the more you realise what a joke the tax system is.
Why?
Depending on the seller, he may use "differential taxaction" (e.g. VAT is only charged for the price-difference between his buy- and his sale-price) or he charges full vat from is customer, but gets the "vat on input" back.

I don't have a problem with the import sales tax, but I hate the extra surcharges by the parcel delivery companies.

I just sent amazon.com a message asking why there is a handling charge when my order is under £15/$19
Another question I ask them is there is no vat on shipping until my order exceeds £15 too.

I just sent amazon.com a message asking why there is a handling charge when my order is under £15/$19
Another question I ask them is there is no vat on shipping until my order exceeds £15 too.

I think the order total of both the item and shipping fee has to be under £15, as shipping fee contributes to the overall value they can charge VAT on. (In the past I've been charged for something that was £16ish including the shipping). If it already is under £15 including shipping I have no idea.

I think the order total of both the item and shipping fee has to be under £15, as shipping fee contributes to the overall value they can charge VAT on. (In the past I've been charged for something that was £16ish including the shipping). If it already is under £15 including shipping I have no idea.
Your incorrect, if your item is under £15 your exempt from fees. Over £15 they can charge 20% vat including the shipping.
And amazon just verified what I just said and are reimbursing me with a discount too as an apology.

The shipping is part of the import fee calculation once its over £15.

Amazon's calculator thing has always been wrong, and has counted shipping when the items value is under £15 its been a major gripe of mine for ages.

Short answer- no

Most folks either have a dedicated Region 1/A player, a hardware modded player (from mrmdvd for example) or are utilizing a workaround through chapter selection for applicable titles (Sentai bypass)

Question guys;
Anyone ordered from Beatthebomb website and been charged import tax?
My order is looking at AUD $99.40 including shipping.
Thanks.

Question guys;
Anyone ordered from Beatthebomb website and been charged import tax?
My order is looking at AUD $99.40 including shipping.
Thanks.
I've spoken to them before and they have no issue declaring under.
You can email them and they reply back fairly quickly. They normally declare under, but I always message them anyway.

animeprinthouse.com (leave a message when ordering to declare under)
I ordered a bed cover costing £100 and they declared under £15 when I requested it.

Hey everyone.

So I got a customs charge for my latest SecondSpin order. This is I think only the second time this has ever happened. The first was when I ordered a bunch and they sent it via UPS instead (by a bunch I mean something like 10-15 DVDs). But this time I only ordered 4 Blu Rays and 2 DVDs (though more like 3 since one was a boxset). So 7 things I guess. Admittedly I haven't ordered this much in one go for a long long time, Years at this point. But still paying the charge and getting the box this morning I was really surprised by how small it was. I mean again it was years ago but I used to get boxes of this size all the time so I'm kinda frustrated about getting this customs charge, it made the savings within almost pointless unfortunately.

Anyway anyone else had customs charges with SecondSpin on orders of more than a couple of items recently? Wonder with Brexit coming up if they've changed some things? Still sent from Shepardsville KY but this time from 'Alliance Entertainment' which I'm not sure if that's new or not? I bought a single DVD a few weeks ago which came through fine (though that was probably under the threshold anyway).

Man I miss the days (the insane days) where I could order literally a hundred DVDs or so and not pay more than 3.99 shipping and zero customs charges lol. And given Secondspin archive all your orders I can still look at those and laugh at the lunacy of it from time to time.

Last edited:
Back