UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It's heartbreaking how AL won't be able to release Gundam The Witch from Mercury due to Crunchyroll 💔 AL would have given it such a beautiful Collector's Edition release since all their previous Gundam Collector's Editions have been gorgeous. F*ck Crunchyroll.

1.jpeg
Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 Season 1 appeared On the Shout Factory site (and CR Store too) Ghost In The Shell: SAC_2045

Out soonish, and with those discs, you can expect it over here.

however, a quick look at specs on the product page (at the moment, the CR Store and Shout site mention it for the time being) and would suggest its just Japanese with English subs, the English dub, which featured the cast of the much liked Stand Alone Complex dub, is not present. Hopefully that is an error, if it isn't though, that is pretty underwhelming.

Hopefully details are properly announced soon, so its all clarified.

View attachment 34633
Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 Season 1 appeared On the Shout Factory site (and CR Store too) Ghost In The Shell: SAC_2045

Out soonish, and with those discs, you can expect it over here.

however, a quick look at specs on the product page (at the moment, the CR Store and Shout site mention it for the time being) and would suggest its just Japanese with English subs, the English dub, which featured the cast of the much liked Stand Alone Complex dub, is not present. Hopefully that is an error, if it isn't though, that is pretty underwhelming.

Hopefully details are properly announced soon, so its all clarified.

Oh, that's a surprise, wasn't expecting a release of this.

Yet to watch any of the S.A.C. series, only ever seen the original two movies, should really make a start. I'll likely get this though.

Has anyone received a marketing email from ATA in the past two weeks? I haven't.

I dropped off their mailing list a couple of months ago. Initially they seemed to not believe their was a problem - but then, they resubscribed me and it worked. Wondering if i need to contact them again, or if they've genuinely just not sent any marketing stuff recently.

Seems weird if they haven't, because there's been multiple new products on their site since the last email I received.

Has anyone received a marketing email from ATA in the past two weeks? I haven't.

I dropped off their mailing list a couple of months ago. Initially they seemed to not believe their was a problem - but then, they resubscribed me and it worked. Wondering if i need to contact them again, or if they've genuinely just not sent any marketing stuff recently.

Seems weird if they haven't, because there's been multiple new products on their site since the last email I received.

It's been all over the place, the only one I've got in months has been for Macross Plus. I've re-subscribed a number of times and it also asks me to everytime I buy something but nothing changes.

I've had nothing since Christmas. I emailed them two months ago and they swore I was back on the mailing list and, in my last purchase from them last month, I made sure to tick the boxes to receive marketing emails. Nothing seems to work, and I'm forced to rely on this site for news on what's happening.

They still took my Unlimited subscription though.

It appears to be an issue with their checkout. If you don't check the box to be added to the mailing list it removes you instead.

If it isn’t a listing error we might be seeing another situation similar to Sentai having to redub the Netflix shows they acquired. I hope this isn’t the case since it just leads to me not purchasing the Blu Ray due to the lack of the dub. Example being Kakegurui since I watched it on Netflix first with the Netflix dub.

If it isn’t a listing error we might be seeing another situation similar to Sentai having to redub the Netflix shows they acquired. I hope this isn’t the case since it just leads to me not purchasing the Blu Ray due to the lack of the dub. Example being Kakegurui since I watched it on Netflix first with the Netflix dub.
Absolutely, for me its even worse for Stand Alone Complex given how iconic the English cast is at this point, but certainly not unheard of (Baki was the same too). anyway I hope its cleared up soon either way, even if its dead on arrival to my interest if it is this way currently.

I am with you on the English cast for GiTS SAC being iconic, Mary is the definitive English voice for Motoko, Richard and William are great and Crispin Freeman does a good job as Togusa although I do prefer David Thompson.

So we do have a comment from Andrew about SAC_2045
Alas it’s accurate as the cost to access dubs in the case of digital only platforms can be more than it would cost to create a new dub from scratch (like in this case). It just isn’t commercially viable when you’re just doing homevideo. Would have loved to include it!
So, sadly it is unfortunately sub-only.

I'll be getting the SAC_2045 release, I need to keep my Ghost in the Shell collection up to date. Fortunately I'm a sub-only guy anyway, so the lack of a dub is a non-issue for me. I'm also not turned off by the CGI, something a lot of viewers are strongly affected by.

Is Rental Magica Complete Collection not going to be sold on all the anime?
I sent them an email ages ago but have heard nothing back from them.
Rental Magica - Complete Series Blu-ray its there now

also

New listings for standards for Babylon, A Place Further Than The Universe and Devil Survivor 2: The Animation. All out next month and from AL. Am interested to see if the discs for A Place Further are updated and if anything else is happening with the latter.

Back