UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Oh yeh, Yoshiko.... Yohane is the UK's LLS girl <3 <3

I would say we need exclusive merch. But I think I'm a little late to suggest that as S1 release is in a few weeks :)
There apparently is exclusive merch available of the girls as ambassadors but for whatever reason Sunrise didn't actually provide a way for UK fans to get it but did provide ways for most of the other countries. Boo!

Speaking of Sunrise- after my week's holiday, collected MCM coverage begins with my review of the Gundam The Origin screening AL brought us. Although this generally avoids major spoilers I do gripe a lot about the ending and what it means for The Origin as a whole.

Toonzone @ MCM London May 2018 - Review: "Gundam The Origin VI" - The End Of The Beginning

There apparently is exclusive merch available of the girls as ambassadors but for whatever reason Sunrise didn't actually provide a way for UK fans to get it but did provide ways for most of the other countries. Boo!

Speaking of Sunrise- after my week's holiday, collected MCM coverage begins with my review of the Gundam The Origin screening AL brought us. Although this generally avoids major spoilers I do gripe a lot about the ending and what it means for The Origin as a whole.

Toonzone @ MCM London May 2018 - Review: "Gundam The Origin VI" - The End Of The Beginning

Regarding Orign k

Okay that's interesting was to do with changes done compared to the manga ending, because there were changes done overall to the anime adaptation so it connects better with the orginal series/movies.

So I gave in and ordered Re:Zero after all. I hope they'll somehow fix it, because despite the fact that the disc isn't defective, the content certaintly is which ruins my enjoyment. Kudos for Andrew and co though for dealing with the nerdrage on certain releases :p

Love Live! Sunshine!! dispatched.

ezgif-3-00d607e64b.gif

I took it of my list last week but it does seem popular. What would you compare it to? I might give it a go yet.
I haven't watched the Sunshine series yet but I did enjoy the School Idol Project series. It's basically Sunrise's attempt at making an idol series and they did a pretty damn good job at it.

Also makes for some good memes:

I received my Lupin the 3rd Part IV Collector's Edition today (great work - looks ace!), but I have a random question.

I was going through the Production Notes booklet and noticed that while Lupin, Fujiko, Jigen, Zenigata and Rebecca all have their own pages of production artwork, there's none for Goemon? It's worth noting however, that he is in the group shot splash page beginning the Character section.

This isn't so much a complaint, but more, a curiosity (however, if you'd excluded Jigen there may have been fighting words :p)

Comedy answer: "We cut another worthless object" ;)

Genuine answer:

We included all of the materials available to us in the booklet; for whatever reason that didn't include any of the character art for Goemon.

Genuine answer:

We included all of the materials available to us in the booklet; for whatever reason that didn't include any of the character art for Goemon.
It's a really nice set good work! One of the nicest looking boxes AL have put out so far imo!

Genuine answer:

Maybe Japan just doesn't like Goemon or something? Or, they like him so much they're keeping him for themselves?

My Lupin set also came today and for the most part I thought the release was superb. Great job folks.

Still, one aspect I wasn't as taken with was the slightly mottled effect on the art book. I'm assuming this is a stylistic choice similar to the Eureka 7 release and not some off batch of paper; after all the book is designed to look like an old note file, complete with fake hole punch marks. It's a cool concept and all, and I'd definitely appreciate it on the cover, opening glossaries, edges of the pages, etc. However, I would prefer it didn't bleed over and interfere with the actual art itself, particularly the light sketches and line art. It's a little distracting when viewing the images.

For all I know this could be part of the original Japanese presentation, at which point there's little to be done, but if not I feel it's probably worth mentioning for future consideration. Again, I'm not really disappointed or annoyed and I definitely don't want to curtail the design choices of the staff, as I've really enjoyed many of the inventive choices of recent titles; this set included. However, I'd personally suggest they were toned back a fraction in future so that a line of separation exists between the stylistic presentation & the illustrations themselves. I'm not sure if I'm on my own on this but I thought it was worth throwing it out as feedback.

Last edited:
Back