UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

JmRMXIx.jpg

Regarding Orign k

Okay that's interesting was to do with changes done compared to the manga ending, because there were changes done overall to the anime adaptation so it connects better with the orginal series/movies.
I dunno. As far as I'm concerned The Origin has changes from the manga but they're more to do with fitting into OVA run times, not connecting to the 1979 series. It's only here at the last minute that they seem to throw up their hands and say "Yep, this leads into the original anime now. Deal with it!"

I kinda had a sense they might have decided it after we saw that AL blog post promoting The Origin as a direct prequel to the original show. Fanboys like me should learn to appreciate when the licensor likely knows more than we do.

I dunno. As far as I'm concerned The Origin has changes from the manga but they're more to do with fitting into OVA run times, not connecting to the 1979 series. It's only here at the last minute that they seem to throw up their hands and say "Yep, this leads into the original anime now. Deal with it!"

I kinda had a sense they might have decided it after we saw that AL blog post promoting The Origin as a direct prequel to the original show. Fanboys like me should learn to appreciate when the licensor likely knows more than we do.

Sunrise are tricky studio, initially when Origin was announced alot of people thought it was gonna be remake just like the manga which is understandable since one of the first trailers had the RX78 rinsing up it wasn't until the episodes came it was said to be a prequel. They just used Origin manga as material to show events before OYW

It felt like to me as a testing the water to see if demand for a full adaption of the manga was wanted.. and with 0079's 40th anniversary is next year I dont believe its the last we heard of it

It felt like to me as a testing the water to see if demand for a full adaption of the manga was wanted.. and with 0079's 40th anniversary is next year I dont believe its the last we heard of it

Maybe, but if they do a remake 0079 I doubt it gonna be full adaptation of the Origin manga they may take elements from it, but it won't be the same especially with the manga ending won't make sense in context of the anime UC timeline.

Me personally I feel the Early UC oversaturated and overdone, more interested in the building of the late UC era.

The only animation I'm aware of depicting The Origin version of the Gundam was literally just done to hype a Master Grade kit for it. They do this sometimes. If you bought MG Impulse Gundam for instance, you got a download code for a brand new SEED Destiny PV directed by Fukuda.

There really isn't any issue if The Origin presented an alternate continuity. A New Translation retcons a ton of stuff so that ZZ and the following sequels can't happen but Tomino highlighted it's simply an alternate optimistic end made years later, not a retcon of the UC canon. The Origin would be the same thing.

I’d be happy with that. Much as I like MSG it’s definitely dated the most. Watching Origin actually makes me incredibly hype for what they could do with a full MSG remake.

Back