UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

The only animation I'm aware of depicting The Origin version of the Gundam was literally just done to hype a Master Grade kit for it. They do this sometimes. If you bought MG Impulse Gundam for instance, you got a download code for a brand new SEED Destiny PV directed by Fukuda.

There really isn't any issue if The Origin presented an alternate continuity. A New Translation retcons a ton of stuff so that ZZ and the following sequels can't happen but Tomino highlighted it's simply an alternate optimistic end made years later, not a retcon of the UC canon. The Origin would be the same thing.

True but Sunrise like doing things randomly the reason why I say it won't be an exact adaptation is because they have already linked the Origin anime as a prequel to the original series/movies.

Sunrise will make it part of the main UC timeline somehow knowing them.

True but Sunrise like doing things randomly the reason why I say it won't be an exact adaptation is because they have already linked the Origin anime as a prequel to the original series/movies.

Sunrise will make it part of the main UC timeline somehow knowing them.
It depends. The ending is vague enough that it does leave them the option to either do the main story of The Origin or just bolt it onto the original. Case in point, someone highlighted they don't show the Zaku team approaching Side 7. In The Origin it's a much larger force than the 1979 series depicts.

Alternate continuities are kind of part of Gundam's DNA. They have been ever since the movie trilogy came out a few years after the show and retconned details which a few years after that Zeta would take as the preferred version of events. There's a perfect overlap example here- in the movies, the Guntank is replaced at Jaburo with a second Guncannon and scenes are kept that highlight it is a secret prototype but also relatively useless. In The Origin, the Guntank is an already know crude Federation mobile suit that was in use at least a decade before the war. That's a massive continuity conflict. To go back to the earlier scene, in The Origin Guntanks were common enough that the Zaku squad discover the Gundams have been using them as target practice.

Depending on how literally we take that mistakenly leaked future projects sheet from the Gundam Narrative announcement livestream, it would seem that indeed no more animated Origin is on the cards. But that same leak highlighted a Western aimed UC project (be it Universal Century or Unicorn) planned within the next few years. So anything could happen.

Get in the mug, Shinji.
dvE42vu.jpg

It depends. The ending is vague enough that it does leave them the option to either do the main story of The Origin or just bolt it onto the original. Case in point, someone highlighted they don't show the Zaku team approaching Side 7. In The Origin it's a much larger force than the 1979 series depicts.

Alternate continuities are kind of part of Gundam's DNA. They have been ever since the movie trilogy came out a few years after the show and retconned details which a few years after that Zeta would take as the preferred version of events. There's a perfect overlap example here- in the movies, the Guntank is replaced at Jaburo with a second Guncannon and scenes are kept that highlight it is a secret prototype but also relatively useless. In The Origin, the Guntank is an already know crude Federation mobile suit that was in use at least a decade before the war. That's a massive continuity conflict. To go back to the earlier scene, in The Origin Guntanks were common enough that the Zaku squad discover the Gundams have been using them as target practice.

Depending on how literally we take that mistakenly leaked future projects sheet from the Gundam Narrative announcement livestream, it would seem that indeed no more animated Origin is on the cards. But that same leak highlighted a Western aimed UC project (be it Universal Century or Unicorn) planned within the next few years. So anything could happen.

Good points though keep in mind 0079 movies take precedent in canon over the original series, even flashbacks depicted from 0079 events in later series is from the movie versions. Its just because original is first and so influential people take as canon. 0079 movies sole purpose was improve and take out unnecessary stuff out of the TV series surpass especially with force demands Sunrise were directing at Tomino during the TV series he was constricted. Its not like anime movie adaptations of TV series which only done as summaries and to generate more sales.

After watching Origin early Guntank is not a problem, the Guntank shown in Origin is a prototype the upgrade to the T-61 Tank, the Guntank (Origin) which is RTX-44.

Team ray under Project V was to refurbish and redesign the original Guntanks and Guncannons into Project V's RX-75-4 Guntank RX-77 and Guncannon. Using the technical date from both units to design RX-78.

It actually make sense they have developing years, you can just conjure up a design then perfect model in one go and just in mere months, these Mobile Suits would obviously have to go through numerous of versions before becoming usable and efficient that finally happened under Tem Ray.

There are contradictions in general in the UC but generally they are pretty consistent.

Last edited:
Ah right. I got the email at around 5.30pm on Friday so hopefully it arrives tomorrow otherwise I'll start worrying Royal Mail have lost it somehow...

I received mine today after it was dispatched on Friday, i'd give it till the end of the weekend and then report it lost to AL.

Back