UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Sword art online movie is now sold out on anime ltd web shop :eek:
Yep, when it was announced there was only a couple units left.

For those who want to know the current stats of the stock here's the retailers that have it:
Amazon UK - £22.99 - In Stock
Base.com - £19.99 - Back-ordered (don't count on this one)
HMV - £22.99 - In Stock
MVM's Anime-on-line - £24.49 - In Stock
United Publications UK - £23.99 (with Postage) - In Stock
Zavvi - £25.99 - In Stock

QUICK UPDATE: Looks like Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (not) Alone is also SOLD OUT. Here's the current stats on stock:
Amazon UK - £34.99 - In Stock
Base.com - £19.69 - In Stock but extra 2-3 days of shipping needed
HMV - £24.99 - Back-ordered
MVM's Anime-on-line - £14.99 - In Stock (best offer)

(Disclaimer: All Amazon links are under the Affiliate program scheme)

Last edited:
Grav's already posted the link on the bargains page, but Night is Short, Walk on Girl is available for early bird pre-order. What's curious is that the price is higher to what the page had highlighted, leading to a 5-10 minutes spell where the different two prices were right next to each other. The original £19.99 pre-order number has now been brought up to the actual cost of £21.99, but this is what it looked like.
Untitled.png
AL are getting my money either way so it's not a big deal, but I'm curious why the price has risen from the original estimate. Is it to factor in the separate delivery of the poster, or are separate costs such as p&p or higher costs of production now being factored to raise future pre-orders above the usual £19.99 threshold?

Grav's already posted the link on the bargains page, but Night is Short, Walk on Girl is available for early bird pre-order. What's curious is that the price is higher to what the page had highlighted, leading to a 5-10 minutes spell where the different two prices were right next to each other. The original £19.99 pre-order number has now been brought up to the actual cost of £21.99, but this is what it looked like.
View attachment 3799
AL are getting my money either way so it's not a big deal, but I'm curious why the price has risen from the original estimate. Is it to factor in the separate delivery of the poster, or are separate costs such as p&p or higher costs of production now being factored to raise future pre-orders above the usual £19.99 threshold?
The price was listed in error – it's been changed (and corrected e-mails sent) now :)

The price was listed in error – it's been changed (and corrected e-mails sent) now :)

Well it's not like a makes much of a difference but £19.99 has been the early-bird movie standard for a while (which is why it was on the page in the first place), so I'm just curious why this one was higher than normal. I'm assuming it's for the poster's delivery, but if this does signify a slight price hike for future pre-orders it would be nice to know in advance. Or does the extra £2 factor in a 'Yuasa loyalty tax', where us few fans need to compensate for the niche appeal for titles such as this :)

Yep, when it was announced there was only a couple units left.

For those who want to know the current stats of the stock here's the retailers that have it:
Amazon UK - £22.99 - In Stock
Base.com - £19.99 - Back-ordered (don't count on this one)
HMV - £22.99 - In Stock
MVM's Anime-on-line - £24.49 - In Stock

QUICK UPDATE: Looks like Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (not) Alone is also SOLD OUT. Here's the current stats on stock:
Amazon UK - £34.99 - In Stock
Base.com - £19.69 - In Stock but extra 2-3 days of shipping needed
HMV - £24.99 - Back-ordered
MVM's Anime-on-line - £14.99 - In Stock (best offer)

(Disclaimer: All Amazon links are under the Affiliate program scheme)
Evangelion 1.11 is showing as unavailable on MVM's Anime-on-line page.

Not much of a reason to own 1.11 if they aren't going to ever release 2.22 or beyond... :oops:
Yeah, that's why I didn't get it. I thought about it, but ultimately didn't bother.

Hopefully once the 4th film is finally done, one of the 2 companies that have the rights (preferably AL) end up with all 4 and release them bundled one way or another.

Back