UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I've had this happen to many Anime Limited sets, not this one though. It's annoys me but what can you do really, at one point I just accepted it's a thing.

That sucks. :( I guess I've been lucky until now as I've not had it happen (or maybe just not noticed tbh, it seems especially noticeable this time).

There is an easy way to get the glue dots removed with no damage. Take a piece of slightly thicker paper. (Something like a piece of 100g/m² paper, basically e.g. greeting card thick paper.) Put that in the gap and softly, slowly "saw" through the glue dot. You won't get it sawed, but it will ever so slightly budge. If you patiently let let budge bit by bit it'll go off eventually.

Yeah, I had the same issue with my set. It's not a major issue but it's not ideal either. Weirdly I don't think I've ever had this problem show up until I bought Manga's Ghost in the Shell set last week, although the glue used for that set was considerably more of an problem than AL's easy-peel fixtures. No idea why it's suddenly become an issue now. Maybe the info sheets were attached when the glue was too hot, or that it reflects a change in production materials. It's definitely something of a curiosity.

Last edited:
My interviews with Shouji Gatou and Mari Okada plus my review of Maquia are now available to read.

Grant White, Author at ToonZone News
"After this success, I wonder what's next for me?"
*Email arrives* "Grant, we'd like to invite you to a hentai exhibit."

maxresdefault.jpg

I hope this prompts AL to do more in-house authoring. I'm in America, and I'm region-free, so I would gladly support a company who actually cares about their fans rather than a lazy group with no quality control.

I hope this prompts AL to do more in-house authoring. I'm in America, and I'm region-free, so I would gladly support a company who actually cares about their fans rather than a lazy group with no quality control.

I mean, the only issue is the cost. AL is a small company selling a niche product in a country far tinier than America, they're very reliant on using other authors as a cost saving measure where available. If they were to resort to their own authors more often, the already fairly high cost of anime skyrockets even further. It's just not really feasible.

I mean, the only issue is the cost. AL is a small company selling a niche product in a country far tinier than America, they're very reliant on using other authors as a cost saving measure where available. If they were to resort to their own authors more often, the already fairly high cost of anime skyrockets even further. It's just not really feasible.

Others even smaller editors/distributors (In france/Belgium for example) are capable of doing their own authorings, wich most of the time are better than the US authoring, and their price are waaaaaay lower than the US/UK market.
I don't deny the cost cutting is important but sometime that argument are not valid at all, and it's just a question about how fast a company want to release their product, neglecting the quality control.

while the topic of Re zero has appeared again, I'll chime in with a question. Now that Funi has announced part 2 releases in September, how long are we going to have to wait? Or is the issue with part one going to delay it?

And thats one of the main reasons I don't get part sets. Who wants to sit there and watch half a series then waits for however long it is before the next part is out.

Back