UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

If anyone at Anime Limited is reading these posts, you'll notice I'm the one who has been constantly bringing this up. You must think I hate you guys, but I don't. AL is a rare exception- a company who actually cares about their fans and interacts with them. I only bring it up so often because you are our only chance of getting good quality products.

AL had the best intentions with the Re:Zero release. The packaging is much better than the US release, and using the same discs made it able to be released within the same time frame. However, the picture quality is beyond awful. It is bad, atrocious even. If I were in your shoes, I'd delay it and tell everyone that you get better video as a result, perhaps even showing off FUNimation's release and pointing out the flaws. While the disc isn't technically defective- as in it works- those are some of the lowest standards I've seen. I wouldn't call it disappointing whatsoever, it's insulting.

But, I'm tired of everyone here giving AL a free pass. I'd like to think that the people who actually buy anime Blu-rays care about getting good picture quality, so releasing anything in that state, regardless of good intentions is a cheap move in my book. It's hard to please everyone, and that's the toughest thing. I like this company, Anime Limited, love them even. I especially love when you guys use the same encodes from Aniplex or Japan (like in the case of Outlaw Star- man that is the best). I put my money where quality is, and sadly only the Japanese release is of quality.

Plus, I don't actually like Re:Zero! I think it's an edgy and pretentious piece of garbage, but I'm only this worked up over it because it means a lot to many. I want Anime Limited to succeed, but this is a hard situation- buy it and get garbage quality but supporting western distribution, purchase the Japanese releases supporting the ba$tards at Kadokawa, or just sail the high seas? I'm not gonna do the latter, but many will. If this keeps up, and companies think it acceptable to release BDs with picture quality this bad, then what is the point of buying anime? It's a tough situation, but there's no easy answer, nor a perfect answer.

I hope this lets distributors know where their core market is, and what they want. I do this out of love and respect, though it may sound like I'm being negative for the sake of it, I want Anime Limited to succeed. I don't care about FUNimation despite living in the United States, they have zero quality control. I put my money where quality is, and where passion is. And that is AL.

I mean shows that are popular like ReZero don’t come along a lot especially as I doubt stuff like Franxx or YOI can ever come to the UK due to FUNi so yeah I hope they do put there best foot forward for this due to its popularity and it’s a title you want to promote

Sunrise announced a new live action Gundam at AX.

Don't suppose they'd like to do a panel to discuss it over here?
8sXUwk4.jpg

Back