UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Has there been any further word on the re-authored discs for Your Name yet? I just want to be sure I don't miss any announcement. I did send my email request in for replacement discs for the CE and the Steelbook back when we were asked to submit them. This year yet, perhaps?

Has there been any further word on the re-authored discs for Your Name yet? I just want to be sure I don't miss any announcement. I did send my email request in for replacement discs for the CE and the Steelbook back when we were asked to submit them. This year yet, perhaps?
They're currently being QC'd as far as I know (unless I misunderstood what the person was saying) so they can't be that far off. I really hope not anyway as I really wanna see it.

Haven't Andrew said that the new authoring will only be done when the first press edition is OOP?
If it's the case, it depend on how much copy/discs they pressed for the first run.
If they duplicate the first authoring/discs for like 20.000 copy, we won't see the new authoring anytime soon.

Yeah but Hanners has also said that they reprinted in first week (which is why my se From ALs ship took two weeks) so I assume it’s gonna be the next print run.

With the new Battle Angel film on the horizon any chance of licencing the original OVAs by Madhouse? Would be best if we could get something similar to Vampire Hunter D.

For me its the only anime film I think would look better in 4K (That has a release I mean)
And would rather support a western release if ever.

Your Name was finished in 1080p and SDR; 4K is an upscale so I wouldn’t expect it to look much ‘better’ to be honest.

Judging by reviews and screen caps, Ghost in the Shell is a winner (5K scan of a 35mm interpositive) though it’s not exactly comparing like with like as it’s also a new master that hasn’t had a standard Blu-Ray release.

@anime_andrew @Hanners

i know anything Patlabor Screams Poor Sales But - But But

since this Has gotten past the stages of Being Greenlit in the US - would anime Limited Consider doing a Competing Product ?

Patlabor the Mobile Police Ultimate Collection Blu-ray

considering the Fact that they Can do it at that Price Point ?

More then happy with what ever complete set i get

Well MVM has the license for the original Oshii ova & it's possible Manga still partly owns the rights to the movies, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Patlabor just isn't one of those franchises that seems profitable even before the BBFC fees come into play. I've definitely heard it wasn't a big seller for Section 23/Sentai, & by the looks of things that new release is just them consolidating their existing stock in a single case in a push to get rid of them..

I'll probably export it in a future sale, although my enthusiasm is definitively lessened by the fact Sentai couldn't get hold of the original Manga dub & are only using the mediocre mid-2000's Bandai version. For me those original dubs, with their loose but incredibly eloquent translation is the sole way to watch those films, but as nobody seems to know who owns the rights anymore, we may be stuck in limbo forever on that front.

Except it has been confirmed this new release will have re-encoded/re-authored discs...

Maiden Japan licenses Patlabor The Mobile Police (OVA, TV series, The New Files, Movies) - Fandom Post Forums

Now that's surprising. I definitely remember a few people with connections to Sentai mentioning on twitter how it wasn't a big seller (I recall Justin Sevakis guessing the same, although that was just speculation on his part based on the slow release schedule & his previous experience with the franchise at Central Park Media). Seems like there was an issue with the subtitles which makes sense, as I've heard nothing but praise regarding the video. MVM's ova release certainly looks impressive.

Back