UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

For me, I am concerned about prices which appear to be slowly increasing and the lack of communication regarding titles we have been told will appear in Q3 but haven't yet been dated. It would be helpful to have more specific dates to improve budgeting.

Last edited:
I feel so sorry for you guys... AL is far behind in regards to Gundam...

I get that they're a small company, but you'd think their biggest title (the Gundam franchise) would be out sooner. I mean, with the exceptions of the Movie trilogy, Origin, and G Reco, they're using Nozomi's discs. If they're able to release FUNimation titles out so fast, why not Gundam? It just seems odd you guys have to wait years for something that we (remember, I'm American) have had for a while.

I feel so sorry for you guys... AL is far behind in regards to Gundam...

I get that they're a small company, but you'd think their biggest title (the Gundam franchise) would be out sooner. I mean, with the exceptions of the Movie trilogy, Origin, and G Reco, they're using Nozomi's discs. If they're able to release FUNimation titles out so fast, why not Gundam? It just seems odd you guys have to wait years for something that we (remember, I'm American) have had for a while.
We may be slower than the US but the UK Gundam releases are a lot nicer.

All it is a box....I’d rather have the shows.
And Nozomi did one a month yes, but AL did a whole year without one release while Nozomi zoomed ahead. We were promised all Gundams and now stuff like Wing, Unicorn,Victory and CCA has been skipped and ignored, and we have to expect getting 00 same year as Nozomi as some victory. Like I’ve had to import Chars counterattack as I just gave up. Just finally watched AGE no thanks to AL. 00 is the only chance I’m giving AL, getting Nozomi’s SEED and G UCE.
Also the Wing UCE is my top UE in my collection far better than any AL did bar digipacks due to them going the extra mile and commissioning special interviews etc

Any news on more Evangelion rebuild movies, or are we still theorising that they need to wait for Manga's license to expire?

Re Gundam, can't really describe the experience as anything other than bitterly disappointing. AL editions are without doubt great, but the pace of releases....Considering it was AL that really went to bat for Turn A on blu, yet we're still waiting for a UK release when it was released in the States what, nearly 18 months ago now? Just typing that has depressed me.... :(

Last edited:
Any news on more Evangelion rebuild movies, or are we still theorising that they need to wait for Manga's license to expire?

Re Gundam, can't really describe the experience as anything other than bitterly disappointing. AL editions are without doubt great, but the pace of releases....Considering it was AL that really went to bat for Turn A on blu, yet we're still waiting for a UK release when it was released in the States what, nearly 18 months ago now? Just typing that has depressed me.... :(

Sadly this is why I'm not buying any of AL's Gundam releases. As much as I want Zeta Gundam and The Origin I'm not going to buy those before Turn A is released. The fact that both of these got announced later and released first just triggers me. (and the fact there's basically radio silence about turn a).

Having only purchased the original 2-part Gundam set from Anime Limited, I don't even know if I can buy anymore Gundam without having to find some OOP set from a reseller now.

Back