UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Having only purchased the original 2-part Gundam set from Anime Limited, I don't even know if I can buy anymore Gundam without having to find some OOP set from a reseller now.
Zeta is nearly OOP, The film set is but some are still around in France same for Origin. ZZ is not OOP either. And Rec in G we were promised a SE as its OOP yet no SE has appeared hmm

I can't say that I'm thrilled with the Gundam release schedule, but at least we got the original unaltered theatrical audio on the Movie Trilogy and the rigid boxes. If they can also get the new CCA and F91 masters without the fugly contrast boosting, then I can say with full confidence that all the suffering was worth it.

I feel so sorry for you guys... AL is far behind in regards to Gundam...

I get that they're a small company, but you'd think their biggest title (the Gundam franchise) would be out sooner. I mean, with the exceptions of the Movie trilogy, Origin, and G Reco, they're using Nozomi's discs. If they're able to release FUNimation titles out so fast, why not Gundam? It just seems odd you guys have to wait years for something that we (remember, I'm American) have had for a while.
They've only rebadged the Nozomi Discs for the 0079 TV series.

I can't say that I'm thrilled with the Gundam release schedule, but at least we got the original unaltered theatrical audio on the Movie Trilogy and the rigid boxes. If they can also get the new CCA and F91 masters without the fugly contrast boosting, then I can say with full confidence that all the suffering was worth it.

They've only rebadged the Nozomi Discs for the 0079 TV series.
Thats true but Zetas english subtitles were Nozomis as in the font etc. Menu was AL FR
ZZ is AL FR not great font which I dont own part 2 yet as I hate AL FR self author font
Origin was Justin Sevakis but I already owned Nozomis as I gave up by then

ALs Schedule finally has a update
Junjo S1 moved to 10th Sept
Devil Burst 24th Sept as is K missing kings
Kiznavier is STILL Q3
Junjo S2 is 1st Oct
K return of Kings is 29th

Kiznavier is STILL Q3
Junjo S2 is 1st Oct
And no mention of 00. Looks like there will be zero chance of S1, S2, Awakening the Trailblazer and the Special Edition OVAs all being released this year as AL said they would at MCM.

Kiznavier is STILL Q3
Junjo S2 is 1st Oct
The release date change for Testament of Sister New Devil Burst makes sense due to Funimation delaying theirs a month later also. I reckon Kiznaiver will likely hit the September date if they want to release it close to the French version.

As per usual more will show up over-time so it's just a matter of patience (unless it's Gundam in which case go nuts).

With the new Battle Angel film on the horizon any chance of licencing the original OVAs by Madhouse? Would be best if we could get something similar to Vampire Hunter D.

Huge fan of it but nothing on that one yet - actually am a huge fan of that era of Madhouse's OVAs as a whole! Hope springs eternal though so I can dream :).

Best,

Andrew

I do wonder why AL have gone all silent in terms of CCS especially as Disco is releasing film 2 super quick

Yes, I wonder why we would be going quiet about film 2's release instead of just releasing it immediately? Hmm...

AL take forever to release something? I am in shock.

Either we're taking forever to release something or we're forever delaying something - really I will happily take the former over the latter. At least now when we do schedule a date, we hit it pending the same issues that strike everyone else.

Usually now - when we announce things we also aim for a close window of release, but sometimes other factors get in the way out with our control which is why we are pretty careful now. For example shows like Angelic Layer, Kiznaiver, Sound Euphonium and even Gundam Thunderbolt will both be out before or around MCM Comic Con time in October. Doesn't mean some factors or surprises don't interfere with release plans (CCS Film 2 and Gundam titles fall into that category for example) but that's why we strive to not list anything now until we are committed to that date (aka it's all gone to print).

Will do a wee Gundam update for folks when I have a second too.

Very best,

Andrew

Back