UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Can't say I agree with the idea that me not buying a bad release damages the brand, certainly not more so than the companies knowingly pushing out the defective blu-rays in the first place does, I mean they're the reason I (and at least 2 other people I know irl) aren't buying it. But hey ho, people are buying it anyway so who cares I guess, it'll still likely sell out so why bother fixing it as people don't seem to care so would be a waste of time and money.

Again I'd stress that under our current definitions - the discs are not defective, but definitely disappointing. Ultimately we're between a rock and a hard place right now on it. We are investigating all options but I refuse to initiate anything until I have proper visibility on the global situation & solutions first.

For example - it's completely plausible that no solution is available in which case you're punishing both RE:ZERO and us for something we can't change (I hope that's the case, but it's always on the list of outcomes). Alternatively it's also completely plausible there is a solution where we could pause the release and update it at our own cost despite it not being our fault or us having had any reason to doubt the master until now. We simply won't know at this stage until we finish investigating.

At this stage, it's always a delicate balancing act of business and personal opinion. While your outlook is an ideal view from a fan point of view (which I share) sadly we have to balance being fans and the business side of things. I wouldn't mistake it for we're not looking at what to do though or that we don't care.

You know that we do everything we can to ensure the best experience for the fans, including where necessary risking our own income to do it. So hang with us on this one, we're on the case - but I can't really say more until we've finished digging.

Best,

Andrew

Apropos of nothing. I'm now finding that banding, as well as being in the eye of the beholder, is also in the screen of the television. I have a Panasonic set, which pretty much allows you to turn everything off when it comes to image processing, quite close to a perfect pixel match of the original source material, and I also have a Sony set which even with all the image processing turned off from a user perspective still decides how to show you the picture you want to watch.

That Sony set is an absolute bugger for posterisation and banding, where I can watch the same disc on the Panasonic set and see none of that.

Andrew, you are awesome. (Even if some of your sentences are hard to understand- see the first sentence of your big post yesterday)

It is so nice to see humans running a company. And I mean no offense. You seem like a genuine person who cares for his customers and does what he can to make sure they are happy even in the hardest of situations.

I can't think of any other anime distributor (besides maybe Discotek) who is this involved with their customers. Anime Limited is amazing.

I am from the USA, and have a region-free Seiki player and have already imported Baccano, and I intend to do whenever you get a title I care about. I would rather support a company who cares about their fans than their wallets (FUNimation).

Cheers, mate.

It would be great if we could get a shiny Re:Zero box with part 2 like the one from Funimation. :D

@anime_andrew Can we also expect preorders to open for Rokka and Hyouka part 2 in the next week? The early bird offer for Re:Zero only lasts one week and I prefer to order everything that comes out on 25 June at once. This way I could pay for international shipping once, rather than for every title. ;)

Again I'd stress that under our current definitions - the discs are not defective, but definitely disappointing. Ultimately we're between a rock and a hard place right now on it. We are investigating all options but I refuse to initiate anything until I have proper visibility on the global situation & solutions first.

For example - it's completely plausible that no solution is available in which case you're punishing both RE:ZERO and us for something we can't change (I hope that's the case, but it's always on the list of outcomes). Alternatively it's also completely plausible there is a solution where we could pause the release and update it at our own cost despite it not being our fault or us having had any reason to doubt the master until now. We simply won't know at this stage until we finish investigating.

At this stage, it's always a delicate balancing act of business and personal opinion. While your outlook is an ideal view from a fan point of view (which I share) sadly we have to balance being fans and the business side of things. I wouldn't mistake it for we're not looking at what to do though or that we don't care.

You know that we do everything we can to ensure the best experience for the fans, including where necessary risking our own income to do it. So hang with us on this one, we're on the case - but I can't really say more until we've finished digging.

Best,

Andrew

In this case it's very unfortunate, because If you decided to wait just a little more you could have used the French master (Wich is scheduled for late June) instead of the disappointing Funi one.
I'am not trowing a rock at you or anything, because you only listened to peoples who complaigned because of the delay between UK/US and you take the choice to limite that delay as much as possible, but in my opinion it was unfortunatly the wrong choice.

And more importantly now is the question : Do you keep that decision for your futur releases and take a huge risk that this really bad situation happen again (because let's be honest Funimation is know for being reaaally bad at authoring) or not.
I suppose it's also a matter of cost cutting, using an already authored master is cheaper than doing a new one.

Please help, I am running out of space. Send walls.
r5yi00M.jpg
Or alternatively send me all the stuff you can’t fit on the walls. :p

That's fair but under my definition it's definitely what I'd consider defective (I'm not suggesting your definition is wrong just that it differs from mine), far more so than the blink and you'll miss it Cowboy Bebop issue, like I didn't actually apply for replacements on that as it really didn't bother me due to how quick it was, whereas banding that bad throughout the entire show would really impact my enjoyment.

Just for clarity sake I feel I should point out that me not buying it due to bad PQ isn't an attempt to punish anyone (I'm nowhere near important enough for boycotts to work), it's just as simple matter of me not wanting it if the PQ is that bad. I'm no videophile, not by a longshot but I'm pretty susceptible to banding at the best of times and while I can deal with some, this is a bit too much for me.

Don't get me wrong I do want the set because it's a nice looking set and I love what you have done with it (even more so now you've suggested there could be a storage box), so much so that I've even been telling myself that I should buy the EB and just sell it on should no solution be found as I think Re:Zero is a show that will go OOP pretty fast and I'd hate to miss it and then for it to be fixed.

Totally understand that, if it's gonna screw you over to fix it I don't blame you for not doing it (really if it's fixable Funi should be the ones to do it, but I know the world isn't fair like that), especially when most people probably don't really care, but as a fan my concern is more with the product than the company books (I know that makes me sound like a bit of an asshole, but I don't mean it in a nasty kinda way :p I like your company and what you do and would very much like it to survive. )

Best,

Andrew

I do know that and I do appreciate it, as a side note very happy to see progress with Your Name replacements as I'm really looking forward to actually watching it but decided to wait til the new discs come.

Anyway there's no point going on about it, you're looking into it and there's not much more I can ask until you know what's happened so this post is the last I'll say on the matter. Apologies if I came across like I was being an passive aggressive lil $£%& about it, it was not my intention. Just realised how long this post is and that it doesn't actually say much but I'm posting it anyway since it took me so long...

Last edited:
Back