UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Nozomi releases has region A, right?
Additional, due licensing Macros in UK, we won't see any new Gundam releases in the near future, probably.
Some of the dvds are region 2 though like Gundam X and I believe Evolve is also region 2. Though I don't think dvd region is an issue considering how easy it is to circumvent.

Three more years until the Macross license runs out...
We could be seeing the Macross sequels arrive sooner because Big West and Harmony Gold are in litigation over the European trademarks since last year. Big West has been registering Macross trademarks over the last year in several territories, including Australia where they've successfully registered for the Macross trademark without opposition.

Still waiting for my G Gundam and Build Fighters Blu Ray release.
I hope AL won't just release just origin this year.
We might get CCA and Victory at some point but am not too sure about it.

Considering I've almost finished Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ they better release Char's Counterattack this year to conclude the Amuro/Char saga.

Considering I've almost finished Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ they better release Char's Counterattack this year to conclude the Amuro/Char saga.
This is why I haven't started yet. If I start watching the blurays, I'll very quickly reach a point at which I have to import US releases so I can continue watching.

I really do hope CCA gets released this year, but I wouldn't mind waiting till 2019-2020 if Sunrise is kind enough to hand over the 4K master.

CCA 4K UHD PV:

From what I can tell of the PV is that the improvements are similar to Shout Factory's Transformers The Movie 4K remaster.

We could be seeing the Macross sequels arrive sooner because Big West and Harmony Gold are in litigation over the European trademarks since last year. Big West has been registering Macross trademarks over the last year in several territories, including Australia where they've successfully registered for the Macross trademark without opposition.

Big West ?

I mentioned this in the Discord chat but I may as well note it here for keepsakes. I have updated my usual spreadsheet to keep track of things and so far there's at least 20 titles AL have left in their backlog outside of the titles on AL's release schedule, Crunchyroll, newer titles and the Funimation UK stuff.
There's a bunch more of course (as mentioned) and we did get updates on some of these via the discord. But I figured it was worth mentioning here on the forum for those lost.

should i stay on there discord then if things arnt all getting reposted here ?

Ofy9kqQ.jpg

My birthday is coming up. If you want to announce this is getting a UK release, I'd be ecstatic.

how dos 00 fare with gundum seed ? Not a gundum wing Fan

00 is one of my personal faves. It's not perfect, no series is but a decade later it still has the power to reduce me to tears and the staff worked hard to make a Gundam that was about questioning the world, not selling plastic models. All that and they're still willing to include some self deprecating humour here and there.

Back