UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm curious! So I'll just ask.

Packaging artwork for Hyouka Part 2 seems to have emerged. Is that already the final thing?
If yes, I'd be really curious about the design choice. Not that it looks bad or anything, but its design looks much more like the outer box holding both parts as opposed the the rigid case of part one that fits into it. (Which had the same images as the first Japanese BD artbox.)
The lack of continuity looked a bit weird somehow.

(And just so every so slightly a bit disappointed that the booklet cover is to white and empty. But I guess that's the general design with all that much white to blame for. Still hoping for an assembly of the Japanese DVD release/box artwork to be in the booklet. *cough*)

Just a case of what worked with assets available for the second part for us - I'm also not the biggest fan of two images separated by a spine for example so instead of repeating mistakes a course-correction worked for me there given a squeeze on assets for covers. Could have replicated the standard edition but it'd have been a bit weiiiird.

Cover of booklet is in keeping with Japanese homevideo edition - to do something different could have placed it in approval hell and frankly did not want to delay the show anymore than is necessary!

Re an assembly of box artwork - combined with the pinch, doing artcards in Part 1 and the sheer VOLUME of data in the booklets from Japan - it wasn't possible within the 84 pages to do a gallery. Instead you have a huge volume of character and setting information instead, don't think anyone's gone that far for this show elsewhere!

AP

Just a case of what worked with assets available for the second part for us - I'm also not the biggest fan of two images separated by a spine for example so instead of repeating mistakes a course-correction worked for me there given a squeeze on assets for covers. Could have replicated the standard edition but it'd have been a bit weiiiird.
... is that course correction to mean that the case for part 1 with the Japanese boxart is considered a mistake? (I really liked it, as I totally love the box art artwork over the the more simpler character images. I mean, they have all this detailed background, colours and themes and everything.) I kind of totally expected part 2's case to have the artwork of the next two boxes going by continuity.

Re an assembly of box artwork - combined with the pinch, doing artcards in Part 1 and the sheer VOLUME of data in the booklets from Japan - it wasn't possible within the 84 pages to do a gallery. Instead you have a huge volume of character and setting information instead, don't think anyone's gone that far for this show elsewhere!
I suppose that's what is realistically to be expected, still hoped for some artwork gallery (given I already have the character and setting info in my Japanese booklet), even if it be a smaller one like with Your Lie in April.

(I am Curios #2: Like really curious. What additional conditions would Hyouka had to have met to get a UE treatment like Terror in Resonance? A book like TiR would have been the ultimate treat to be sure. *_*)

Sunrise put out a thank you message which refers to episode 6 of The Origin as the end of the anime project. They say they feel they achieved something by animating the previously unseen pre war stuff and no hint is made of a continuation.

So if you were curious about The Origin, that upcoming set would be a good way to start.

You never saw this coming! Today, Anime Limited are thrilled to announce that we've summoned the UK home video rights to PERSONA5 the Animation!

You can read more about the series on our blog:

Anime Limited acquires UK home video rights to PERSONA5 the Animation – All the Anime
Any news on a dub, having a conversation about previous series it appears that the US company who have P3 & P4G never bothered dispite the characters having an English cast already cast from the games.

Having spent 80 odd hours with the English cast it's going to be a bit weird hearing a different voice for best girl Makoto other than Cherami Leigh (who's back as Suzuha in Steins;Gate 0 this season).

My thoughts on this announcement:

Persona_5_-_Makoto_Laptop_Meme_3.png

Glad we're getting a legal means to watch it, can't say I have high hopes for the anime based on the others but I'll be watching none the less because yakno, it's Persona.

That thing looks really huge. oo"
And it having some metal extras kind of makes me wonder "That going to be a second Utena?". I guess I'll wait and see.

Any word on standard editions of some of the earlier CEs? For example; FUSE, Letter to Momo or Hana and Alice.

Or has the initial CE stock not proved popular enough to warrant a re-run?

Any word on standard editions of some of the earlier CEs? For example; FUSE, Letter to Momo or Hana and Alice.

Or has the initial CE stock not proved popular enough to warrant a re-run?
I think they will come in time...biggest part of there ce,s are becoming standard now..just a matter of. Time

Back