UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

AL delays again, that news was supposed to be released before midday.

Is it bad that I’d actually be okay with this?
tumblr_mogiiztEHb1sp11veo1_1280.gif

I can see this potentially upsetting a few people that were after uk gundam releases. I wonder if anyone else would be willing to pickup gundam over here now.

Anime Limited today announced they have obtained European rights to the entirety of the Macross franchise and will be releasing them on Blu-ray starting in late 2018.
Sadly, the strict terms of this license deal insist that they must automatically terminate all future Gundam releases. The Japanese rights holders see the UK as a fertile new market for their premiere mecha space opera but fear that competing with Gundam would hinder its ability to make the most of the situation.
Son of a gun I read the first sentence and my eyes nearly flew out of my damn head, I'm so gullible it hurts.

Is a Mind Game CE a possibility? Or is it going to be like Mai Mai Miracle and just be SE? Hoping for a release date soon anyway.

Any news on Death Parade would be appreciated too. :confused:

Our release of Mind Game will be a a Standard Edition Blu-ray only - as noted, the equivalent of a Collector's Edition was provided only for backers of the Kickstarter campaign.

I mentioned this in the Discord chat but I may as well note it here for keepsakes. I have updated my usual spreadsheet to keep track of things and so far there's at least 20 titles AL have left in their backlog outside of the titles on AL's release schedule, Crunchyroll, newer titles and the Funimation UK stuff.

Dubbed:
  • Anonymous Noise (12 ep, Spring 2017 season, Sentai Filmworks)
  • Aoharu x Machinegun (12 ep, Summer 2015 season, Sentai Filmworks)
  • Chaos Dragon (12 ep, Summer 2015 season, Funimation)
  • Death Parade (12 ep + OVA, Winter 2015 season, Funimation)
  • K: Missing Kings (film, Summer 2014 season, Viz Media)
  • K: Return of Kings (13 ep, Autumn 2015 season, Viz Media)
  • Kiznaiver (12 ep, Spring 2016 season, Aniplex & Crunchyroll)
  • March comes in like a Lion [Season 1] (22 ep, Autumn 2016 season, Aniplex of America)
  • The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya [Season 1] (14 ep, Spring 2006 season, Funimation)
  • Project Itoh: Genocidal Organ (film, Winter 2017 season, Funimation)
  • Revolutionary Girl Utena (39 ep, Spring 1997 season, Nozomi/Rightstuf)
  • The Rolling Girls (12 ep, Winter 2015 season, Funimation)
  • Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (film, Summer 2000 season, Discotek Media)
Subbed:
  • Buddy Complex (13 ep, Winter 2014 season, Funimation)
  • Comet Lucifer (12 ep, Autumn 2015 season, Sentai Filmworks)
  • High School Fleet (12 ep, Spring 2016 season, Aniplex of America)
  • Junjo Romantica [Season 1] (12 ep, Spring 2008 season, Nozomi/Rightstuf)
  • Plastic Memories (13 ep, Spring 2015 season, Aniplex of America)
  • Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers- (12 ep, Summer 2015 season, Ponycan US)
  • Silver Spoon (22 ep, Summer 2013 season, Aniplex of America)
There's a bunch more of course (as mentioned) and we did get updates on some of these via the discord. But I figured it was worth mentioning here on the forum for those lost.

Have they released a single Crunchyroll title so far? I'm wondering when we're going to start seeing those.

Assuming Bungo Stray Dogs actually happens, I hope they'll pick up the 2nd season as well.

I'm curious! So I'll just ask.

Packaging artwork for Hyouka Part 2 seems to have emerged. Is that already the final thing?
If yes, I'd be really curious about the design choice. Not that it looks bad or anything, but its design looks much more like the outer box holding both parts as opposed the the rigid case of part one that fits into it. (Which had the same images as the first Japanese BD artbox.)
The lack of continuity looked a bit weird somehow.

(And just so every so slightly a bit disappointed that the booklet cover is to white and empty. But I guess that's the general design with all that much white to blame for. Still hoping for an assembly of the Japanese DVD release/box artwork to be in the booklet. *cough*)

Back