UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I bought Sword of Stranger from Beez when it first came out to support early BD releases.

I uh, still haven't watched it. >_>
You madman.

Not that I can talk. I bought Eden of the East shortly after release, which must be 5-6 years ago at this point. Still on my shelf unwatched as AL's Collector's Edition with the movies and the nice packaging is finding its way into stores.

Very nice news for Sword of the Stranger.
That movie never got a proper collector edition in the world (maybe in Japan, didn't check).
I hope a pretty clean release (please @anime_andrew no ugly logo on the spine again) instabuy if that's the case.

I still have the somewhat annoyingly slim cardboard case Beez release of Sword of the Stranger still on my shelf. I watched it back when I got it and enjoyed it, but never did watch it again. I'll gladly upgrade.

Also, Zeta discs! Don't care what method of storing them the case has, they exist! Hoping my copy from Anime Limited themselves is on its way soon.

@anime_andrew Out of interest, is there any more plans for steelbooks in the near future? I noticed that the Perfect Blue one has a 1 on the spine, meaning its intended as part of some sort of collection, but I don't think we've heard about any more titles.
Perfect Blue was the first AL movie and got a CE back then. The second one I believe was Tiger & Bunny The Begining. Bring it On XD !

I can't justify buying Sword of the Stranger again in CE format, but if Anime Limited put out a standard Blu Ray that fixes that oh-so-frustrating subtitle gaffe right at the end of the movie, I'll most likely triple dip on it. Excellent film. It really deserves a fixed release.

Just about to post the same thing. Excited to jump back to Zeta after all these years. Can't remember when I watched the DVDs last.

Woo, Zeta shipping!

tumblr_nkvoezs33v1tiwa1fo1_500.gif

@anime_andrew Out of interest, is there any more plans for steelbooks in the near future? I noticed that the Perfect Blue one has a 1 on the spine, meaning its intended as part of some sort of collection, but I don't think we've heard about any more titles.

When it was originally announced, the number on the spine was a 2 in the press shots, but it was edited after a week or so to be a 1. I'd quite like to know what the story behind this was as well, was it a joint project with Zavvi that got cancelled or something?

Has anyone's Yona of the Dawn Part 2 Blu-Ray arrived from Anime Limited's store?
Received an email Thursday to say it shipped. My Escaflowne replacement disc arrived today though, which was shipped yesterday.

Has anyone's Yona of the Dawn Part 2 Blu-Ray arrived from Anime Limited's store?
Received an email Thursday to say it shipped. My Escaflowne replacement disc arrived today though, which was shipped yesterday.
I received my Yona of the Dawn Part 2 yesterday. Did you get an email telling you that your replacement disc has been sent?

Back