1. Welcome to the new Anime UK News forums! Please view this thread for more information regarding your account and the forums. If you can't log in, your password has been blanked and will need to be reset.
    Dismiss Notice

UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by britguy, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Jaysgba

Jaysgba Magical Girl

I think you mean Bones.

bakum4tsu and fabio de lunatico like this.
  2. You madman.

Not that I can talk. I bought Eden of the East shortly after release, which must be 5-6 years ago at this point. Still on my shelf unwatched as AL's Collector's Edition with the movies and the nice packaging is finding its way into stores.

3. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Brigade Leader

Very nice news for Sword of the Stranger.
    That movie never got a proper collector edition in the world (maybe in Japan, didn't check).
    I hope a pretty clean release (please @anime_andrew no ugly logo on the spine again) instabuy if that's the case.

4. Cold Cobra

Cold Cobra I'm entirely trustworthy... AUKN Staff

I still have the somewhat annoyingly slim cardboard case Beez release of Sword of the Stranger still on my shelf. I watched it back when I got it and enjoyed it, but never did watch it again. I'll gladly upgrade.

Also, Zeta discs! Don't care what method of storing them the case has, they exist! Hoping my copy from Anime Limited themselves is on its way soon.

5. britguy

britguy Za Warudo

Sword of The Stranger is a great grab by AL. Already have it on BD but it's such a fantastic film that i'll likely rebuy a CE.

Dan likes this.
  6. LukSkywalker

LukSkywalker Brigade Leader

Perfect Blue was the first AL movie and got a CE back then. The second one I believe was Tiger & Bunny The Begining. Bring it On XD !

7. HdE

HdE Comic Book Guy

I can't justify buying Sword of the Stranger again in CE format, but if Anime Limited put out a standard Blu Ray that fixes that oh-so-frustrating subtitle gaffe right at the end of the movie, I'll most likely triple dip on it. Excellent film. It really deserves a fixed release.

8. britguy

britguy Za Warudo

Jaysgba likes this.
  9. bakum4tsu

bakum4tsu Pokémon Master

Yeah that.. -.- working and being here at the same time results in mistakes sometimes... ;)

Neil.T and Jaysgba like this.
  10. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Dragon Knight

Now got email to say Zeta is on its way.

Cold Cobra likes this.
  11. Cold Cobra

Cold Cobra I'm entirely trustworthy... AUKN Staff

Just about to post the same thing. Excited to jump back to Zeta after all these years. Can't remember when I watched the DVDs last.

12. Type45

Type45 Student Council President

Same,I'm definitely looking forward to watching Zeta

13. Rob F1UK

Rob F1UK Dandy Guy, in Space

No super Newswire this week?

14. qaiz

qaiz Thousand Master

All the Beez titles coming home.

Jaysgba likes this.
  15. Joshawott

Joshawott Monsieur Monster AUKN Staff

Sound of the Sky blu-ray next, please.

Neil.T likes this.
  16. HellCat

HellCat Great Teacher

Woo, Zeta shipping!

[​IMG]

Cold Cobra likes this.
  17. NoSurprises

NoSurprises School Idol

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Neil.T and Jaysgba like this.
  18. ravenwood7040

ravenwood7040 Completely Average High School Student

When it was originally announced, the number on the spine was a 2 in the press shots, but it was edited after a week or so to be a 1. I'd quite like to know what the story behind this was as well, was it a joint project with Zavvi that got cancelled or something?

19. elaniel

elaniel Vampire Ninja

Has anyone's Yona of the Dawn Part 2 Blu-Ray arrived from Anime Limited's store?
    Received an email Thursday to say it shipped. My Escaflowne replacement disc arrived today though, which was shipped yesterday.

20. bailey1985

bailey1985 Straw Hat Pirate

I received my Yona of the Dawn Part 2 yesterday. Did you get an email telling you that your replacement disc has been sent?