UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

britguy said:
I can't be mad about these errors, I've moved beyond anger and now just find it hilarious that they keep happening!

Sorry folks for that one if it's taken away from folks enjoyment! In absolute disclaimer - that was me and two of the biggest waymarkers for it (the from of the Digipack and the discs) are correct, so in fairness, we're making you work to spot stuff now...

Also one of the last batch sans-Keith for the record!

AP

anime_andrew said:
britguy said:
I can't be mad about these errors, I've moved beyond anger and now just find it hilarious that they keep happening!

Sorry folks for that one if it's taken away from folks enjoyment! In absolute disclaimer - that was me and two of the biggest waymarkers for it (the from of the Digipack and the discs) are correct, so in fairness, we're making you work to spot stuff now...

Also one of the last batch sans-Keith for the record!

AP

Hasn't affected my enjoyment, it's the on disc stuff that matter to me, so hopefully they're top notch :)

Mrclt1994 said:
Poor Keith, he's got a lot of pressure on him - what will first project be? So we can inspect his work! ahaha

Indeed, lets hope he's eagle eyed, we want to be able to say this Al release has been Keith'd as a mark of quality rather than as code for thing's didn't quite go right.

Origin II Blu-ray arrived. It's amazing the difference. You basically get the same stuff as volume one but also a nice layout art book (including a pseudo cell breakdown of the scene where the Chars high five) and a text free poster of the cover art.

Only real gripe is again no English translations. We know Sunrise can do it and it seems an odd half measure to not give translated versions to their regional distributors.

@Andrew

What are the chances that Anime Limited can get hold of The Sword of the Stranger license and release it in Blu-Ray? I got the dvd version but the BD was never released. I would love to have a CE actually :D

bakum4tsu said:
@Andrew

What are the chances that Anime Limited can get hold of The Sword of the Stranger license and release it in Blu-Ray? I got the dvd version but the BD was never released. I would love to have a CE actually :D

The BD was indeed released because I have it :)

britguy said:
bakum4tsu said:
@Andrew

The BD was indeed released because I have it :)

And I have it :)

I own it too (yet to watch it! Have heard very good things about it) but it is indeed OOP because Beez. You can find it second hand here and there.

If all you want is to upgrade to Blu-ray you can still get the French version. Considering the disc's got the BBFC rating on it I think it's fair to assume it's exactly the same, the only difference being that the cover is in French. And even if it isn't the same disc, I can confirm it has English audio and subs.
[spoilerbutton]Sorry for potato quality
wNBM7ZV.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
If you wanted a CE then obviously this barebones release will seem lackluster to you.

Oh was it?? I wonder how I did miss that even though at the time I was only looking for dvd. Well, I might get that FR edition or just wait for Andrew's reply and see what he has to say about it xD

Thanks for the replies

Back