UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Anime Limited Podcast #10: Scotland Loves Anime Special

This uncensored/uncut podcast covers the events of Scotland Loves Anime featuring Jonathan Clements, Justin Sevakis (of Anime News Network and Media OCD), Claire Copping, Animation Director Gary Marshall and John Noel (writer of the ChaosTangent blog) discussing all four films in as spoiler-free ways as possible. There are also discussions about Hentai so NSFW discussions [NOTE: 1:16:30-1:29:00] is advised.

CTSbJ2vWEAA2hxc.jpg:large

Jeremy describes it as a fascinating conversation.

Buzz201 said:
thedoctor2016 said:
Well we don't have a date for set 2 so it could 2 and half months or even 3 and i will have to see the booklet comes out as i rarely read them

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I could have sworn you said the other day you wouldn't be buying it until December/January. Why do you care when it gets released as long as it's broadly near December/January?

Becuase I still believe a release that long after the US is wrong as they said they will try for as very close releases and 2 months isn't close in anyone's book

thedoctor2016 said:
Becuase I still believe a release that long after the US is wrong as they said they will try for as very close releases and 2 months isn't close in anyone's book

*opens book* 2 months is close enough in my book, especially when compared to usual anime releases.

Well that Hentai discussion was certainly interesting :p The fact anyone had to go near working with Night Shift Nurses is a horrifying thought. Good to know they could at least laugh about it.

HdE said:
Shiroi Hane said:
HdE said:
Sad to say, yeah. I do know people who at least claimed to boycott Anime Limited's products on grounds of price point. I wouldn't even mention this, except to say for the record that I don't agree with such a course of action, and I think it's ultimately a bit of a stupid stance. Pointedly refusing to buy a product because you deem it too expensive or somehow otherwise deficient doesn't send the message that some people seem to think it will. So it's not something I'd ever endorse. Communication of concerns, on the other hand, is much more worthwhile.

Are we talking about people who can easily afford the prices and decide not to? I mean, I "boycott" many things on grounds of price point. Like Lamborghinis.

If you REALLY wanted a lamborghini, you could afford it, I'm sure.

What? Not to your taste? Drive a Ferrari!

Totally agree there - boycotting on basis of price is not going to send any real message I'm afraid. I'm happy to engage folks in dialogue over most issues where relevant though :). We've always been pretty clear about the logic on the brand of how digital provides a secondary angle to work from.

Always happy to discuss new ideas if people have them too as per normal, so totally with you on that frontier!

AP

anime_andrew said:
HdE said:
HdE said:
Sad to say, yeah. I do know people who at least claimed to boycott Anime Limited's products on grounds of price point. I wouldn't even mention this, except to say for the record that I don't agree with such a course of action, and I think it's ultimately a bit of a stupid stance. Pointedly refusing to buy a product because you deem it too expensive or somehow otherwise deficient doesn't send the message that some people seem to think it will. So it's not something I'd ever endorse. Communication of concerns, on the other hand, is much more worthwhile.

Are we talking about people who can easily afford the prices and decide not to? I mean, I "boycott" many things on grounds of price point. Like Lamborghinis.

If you REALLY wanted a lamborghini, you could afford it, I'm sure.

What? Not to your taste? Drive a Ferrari!

Totally agree there - boycotting on basis of price is not going to send any real message I'm afraid. I'm happy to engage folks in dialogue over most issues where relevant though :). We've always been pretty clear about the logic on the brand of how digital provides a secondary angle to work from.

Always happy to discuss new ideas if people have them too as per normal, so totally with you on that frontier!

AP[/quote]
I have no problem with price I just want close releases to the US The most.

I'll likely not listen to this one as I only usually listen to them for news about releases and the q&a part.

Doctor really sounds like a broken record atm

Smeelia said:
britguy said:
nothing like twisting the knife in for fans who have waited so long for this and still no sign of it in the near future :lol:

http://blog.alltheanime.com/nerima-daikon-brothers
I guess it's not going to be early 2016 at this point. I'm guessing they won't be able use the opportunity of the delays to try and get a Blu-ray release, I don't think it's got a Blu-ray in Japan.

As I understand it, it's a music heavy show so I wonder if that's a factor in the delays. Maybe there's some hidden license issue with the music or something. It's still on my list anyway.

It's primarily as the show is so old, accessing some of the assets is proving an issue as rights lapsed here there and everywhere. We want it out as soon as we can too though obviously!

AP

I aim to be a broken record to reinforce the points I care about as if I go on about them then they may get listened too
It may sound like I don't appreciate AL but I do I love them and what they do, it's just a little annoyance I have which is the gap between releases of USes and ours

I'm sure that they try to get releases out of the door as fast as they can. If they tried to put out shows faster it could result in inferior quality releases. They aren't putting out shows in the UK well after their US releases because they want to you know...

Maybe I'm mistaken, but haven't RightStuf broken street date on their own release? It seems unfair to include that in your count of how far behind AL are.

Also, you haven't pre-ordered it, you aren't intending to buy it until December anyway, I don't think you have the right to slag AL off for not releasing it day and date. The fact the members of the site who have pre-ordered it (full disclosure, I haven't) are less bothered about it than you, should tell you everything you need to know.

Buzz201 said:
Maybe I'm mistaken, but haven't RightStuf broken street date on their own release? It seems unfair to include that in your count of how far behind AL are.

Also, you haven't pre-ordered it, you aren't intending to buy it until December anyway, I don't think you have the right to slag AL off for not releasing it day and date. The fact the members of the site who have pre-ordered it (full disclosure, I haven't) are less bothered about it than you, should tell you everything you need to know.

Okay that's why I'm not slagging off the part 1 release anymore but the part 2 release which I probably will get on release

anime_andrew said:
It's primarily as the show is so old, accessing some of the assets is proving an issue as rights lapsed here there and everywhere. We want it out as soon as we can too though obviously!

AP
That's interesting, I thought Nerima Daikon Brothers was less than 10 years old. I guess that is old in anime terms, it's funny how that goes for different things. I suppose it also depends on how many other releases there have been since the original, Haruhi would be about the same age but the Blu-ray releases were far more recent.

I wonder what that'll mean for your eventual Azumanga Daioh release, it's not getting any younger you know.

Back