Anime at the cinema

Being helpful for folks:

If it's Edinburgh I'd suggest then checking the Cineworld site again as they had two listed at the same time bizarrely and one is still listed with seats available :). Same time and languages and as far as I know also

Alternatively if Fountainbridge is a bit far (always was for me vs other options) then the Cameo is also running it :). You can book here: Picturehouses - Choose tickets

Hope this helps!

AP

Bus straight to mine from the Cameo, so I think I'll go there!

Just came back from watching Godzilla, anime fans are the worst, these people don't know how to act in public. Amazing film, amazingly stupid crowd.

I saw Shin Godzilla last night too, i enjoyed it but i surprised how different it was from the american adaptations that i've seen.

I wouldn't say the people that saw Shin Godzilla were anime fans, sure there's some crossover but if anything the fans that saw this are godzilla fans, anime isn't related to this apart from the directors and distributors.

To be fair, anime fans are all the same.
"Not the same but similar", maybe?

I mean, some like this:

Lucky Star
Whereas others prefer this:

The End of Evangelion

Some go more for this:

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence
While others are all about this:
Strike-Witches.Yoshika-Miyafuji.Shizuka-Hattori.640x960.jpg

Strike Witches

Each to their own, eh?

"Not the same but similar", maybe?

I mean, some like this:

Lucky Star
Whereas others prefer this:

The End of Evangelion

Some go more for this:

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence
While others are all about this:
Strike-Witches.Yoshika-Miyafuji.Shizuka-Hattori.640x960.jpg

Strike Witches

Each to their own, eh?
So, lolicons and "everyone else"?

Okay, saw your name, and..... it lived to the hype and then some! Knew nothing much about it but man where there a lot of surprises with the story, I did not expect the way the film played out...! The sad news of all this, I now have to save up for the BD.... more things to save up on!

It was my tenth time seeing it in the cinema overall, but I finally got to see Your Name dubbed. Overall, I was impressed. Taki's VA was perfect in differentiating the voices, but Yotsuha's VA really stole the show overall.

Also noting you guys have covered the Big Fish and Begonia but one page over is Lu Over the Wall's premiere....

AP

Just got back from lunch and using the cross-trainer (gotta exercise because I can't just sit on my chair staring at my laptop everyday (then again I guess I can)), keep an eye on the site.

So SLA Edinburgh lineup has been revealed...

Mon 16 Oct - Your Name
Tue 17 Oct - A Silent Voice
Wed 18 Oct - Resident Evil: Degeneration
Thu 19 Oct - Resident Evil: Vendetta
Fri 20 Oct - Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution Movie 1
Fri 20 Oct - Tokyo Godfathers
Fri 20 Oct - The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
Sat 21 Oct - Venus Wars
Sat 21 Oct - Fireworks
Sat 21 Oct - Lu Over the Wall
Sat 21 Oct - Tokyo Ghoul - Live Action
Sun 22 Oct - Kizumonogatari - Part III
Sun 22 Oct - Mind Game
Sun 22 Oct - Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis

I'd like to go see Your Name, A Silent Voice, Eureka Seven: Hi-Evolution Movie 1, Tokyo Godfathers, The Night is Short, Walk on Girl, Fireworks, Lu Over the Wall and Metropolis.... We'll see how many (if any) I actually get too....

Apparently Crunchyroll are also going to be showing the first 3 episodes of The Ancient Magus' Bride at GFT on the 23rd of Sept and at the Edinburgh Filmhouse on the 1st of October. Interested in the show so I'd like to see that too....

Top billing for my favourite! It is as if I have idly watched the team I support win a match without contributing a thing. I share in the glory vicariously.

Back