Anime at the cinema

Can't wait to see In This Corner of the World tomorrow, can't believe that I'm actually going to see it on the big screen, been waiting since it was announced. Watching it at Showcase Leeds, wonder if anyone here is going there?

Why are anime films always showing on a Wednesday and never at the weekend? I'd be able to go to see more of them if they were shown at the weekend.

No chance of me getting there on a Wednesday when it's over an hour to the nearest cinema (more like two hours) so erm, have fun everyone and I hope it will be shown again.

R

I'm working :(
Both cinemas that are showing it in my city are both showing it tomorrow, and neither are any way near fully booked so probably no chance of a re-showing after the proper release date.

Well I'm quite annoyed, my screening of In This Corner of the World got cancelled and the only other days it's on is Friday and Saturday at 11:15pm which is impossible for me . I'm just glad I saw Baywatch and Baby Driver otherwise it would have been a waste of a trip.

I once again begrudge anime distributors for not putting an anime film in my local Vue. I know AL don't like to put them there, but I had slim hopes Manga might be different. I guess not.

Well I'm quite annoyed, my screening of In This Corner of the World got cancelled and the only other days it's on is Friday and Saturday at 11:15pm which is impossible for me . I'm just glad I saw Baywatch and Baby Driver otherwise it would have been a waste of a trip.
Did you at least have the opportunity to commute your ticket gratis?

Napping Princess and Perfect Blue are both already on my local Picture House cinema listings. This cinema always shows old, independent and niche cinema, they had a Ghibli season last year.
The newest cinema Showcase de Lux seems it's going to have it's fair share of similar films. I recently caught Your Name and Akira there. Both had In This Corner of the World on yesterday.
Odeon and Cineworld don't seem to show any thing like these though. The Vue in a nearby town aren't showing NP or PB, but one in the nearest city is.

Back