Anime at the cinema

I'd really like to go see the Kaguya-sama movie, but my local Vue cinema (Aberdeen) doesn't have it listed, and the Cineworld website doesn't even recognise that the movie exists when I search for it...
It's difficult for anime movies to drum up much custom when even people who 1) know the movie exists and 2) actually want to see it can't find a showing anywhere.

Ah, nice! well I guess I may see you there, whoever you may be 😂 usually not many people are there for anime showings, there was literally one other guy there for Inu-Oh.
Funnily enough, I attended the 9th October screening of Inu-Oh. I missed out on both screenings of Goodbye, Don Glees due to work.

I'm on Twitter, using the same handle as here (albeit in CamelCase), and I usually use a photo of myself as my profile picture, so you'll be able to tell what I look like.

Funnily enough, I attended the 9th October screening of Inu-Oh. I missed out on both screenings of Goodbye, Don Glees due to work.

I'm on Twitter, using the same handle as here (albeit in CamelCase), and I usually use a photo of myself as my profile picture, so you'll be able to tell what I look like.

I forgot which date I saw Inu-Oh and I missed out on Goodbye, Don Glees as well as it was at an awkward time, even though the buses run late I'd rather not be in Colchester late when I don't have to, not the safest place in the world 😅

And ah, okay, well I'll be sure to say hi then!

I forgot which date I saw Inu-Oh and I missed out on Goodbye, Don Glees as well as it was at an awkward time, even though the buses run late I'd rather not be in Colchester late when I don't have to, not the safest place in the world 😅

And ah, okay, well I'll be sure to say hi then!
No worries, I'll make sure I say Hi back to you.

I'd really like to go see the Kaguya-sama movie, but my local Vue cinema (Aberdeen) doesn't have it listed, and the Cineworld website doesn't even recognise that the movie exists when I search for it...
The Aberdream 😍

The official website has Cineworld listed, but no anywhere on the Cineworld website. Guess we'll see in an hour or so when next week's listings go up, they've been good at showing anime at Union Sq.

Edit: Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War - The First Kiss That Nev | Book tickets at Cineworld Cinemas 👀👀👀

Last edited:
I’m so sick of how poor it is to see anime in the cinema outside of the real big things (Ghibli, Shinkai etc) but this is really poor even by the usual standards

Edinburgh cineworld has only an 20:40 showing both days that’s it, a ridiculous time for anyone that doesn’t live locally
Vue and Odeon Edinburgh isn’t even bothering, I’m surprised cos that Vue has in the past been decent with anime movies

Edit: far as I can tell after lot of searching
Vue isn’t showing the movie in Scotland at all
Neither is showcase
Odeon only one venue in glasgow
Cineworld at least has multiple cinemas but the times are all very late

Last edited:
The Aberdream 😍

The official website has Cineworld listed, but no anywhere on the Cineworld website. Guess we'll see in an hour or so when next week's listings go up, they've been good at showing anime at Union Sq.

Edit: Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War - The First Kiss That Nev | Book tickets at Cineworld Cinemas 👀👀👀
Awesome! Cineworld is showing it on both the 15th and 16th, which is good, because the 15th is my wife's birthday and she'll kill me if I go off to see a random anime movie by myself then! (She's not seen any of the preceding three seasons so I'm not going to drag her to the movie).

I've seen quite a few anime films at Cineworld in Aberdeen recently - the last was the Reincarnated as a Slime movie, which wasn't that great TBH, but I really liked the Quintessential Quintuplets movie. I'm really looking forwards to Suzume when it comes out (hopefully in April?)

Demon Slayer: To The Swordsmith Village has shown up at a few Odeon sites. It's showing in Dub & Sub on Wednesday 1st March and Thursday 2nd March.

EDIT: found ticket website: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba -To the Swordsmith Village- | Get Tickets Now
Hmmmmm. This just seems like a cynical cash grab to me. The last two (admittedly fantastic) episodes of the previous season that everyone's already seen, plus the first episode of the next season, which will appear on Crunchyroll not long after. I'll probably not bother with this.

I've been watching a lot of anime movies at my nearby theater in the last few months but drew the line at the latest SAO movie and at $12 per movie........!! BTW-I hate anything Demon Slayer but the OST from the Demon's Souls game is fantastic.

Back