What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I received two more AL Collector's Editions from AOL today. Unfortunately, the box for Princess Principal, which I had purchased as the Deal of the Week, was severely crushed in the lower left corner during shipping over here to the US. I was very disappointed to see that... :(

Princess Principal Collector's Edition
Hellow World Collector's Edition

princesscehelloce.jpg

Finally started my journey in collecting the Discotek releases of Lupin. Going to pick them up in the order Discotek have released them all on blu-ray. I know it was mentioned a while ago that Jigen's Gravestone, Goemon's Bloodspray and Fujiko's Lie will likely release over here post-The Woman Called Fujiko Mine by AL so will skip on those as well as what other Lupin releases we already have (though will be picking up the 4K release of Cagliostro as I can't own that movie enough times and maybe the GKIDS steelbook of The First unless AL release it later on like with the Promare steelbook).

Lupin the Third: Voyage to Danger (BD / DVD)

20220722_101227.jpg

Last edited:
Finally started my journey in collecting the Discotek releases of Lupin. Going to pick them up in the order Discotek have released them all on blu-ray. I know it was mentioned a while ago Jigen's Gravestone, Goemon's Bloodspray and Fujiko's Lie will likely release over here post-The Woman Called Fujiko Mine by AL so will skip on those as well as what other Lupin releases we already have (though will be picking up the 4K release of Cagliostro as I can't own that movie enough times and maybe the GKIDS steelbook of The First unless AL release it later on like with the Promare steelbook).

Lupin the Third: Voyage to Danger (BD / DVD)

View attachment 25397

I bought the Discotek Cagliostro BD just to have both English dub options as the UK BD only has the Streamline dub (which is awesome but I love the Manga Entertainment dub that's on the old UK DVD release from them as well!) Fair if you watch subbed only (I'm so sorry I can't remember if you've mentioned that on the forum here) but might be useful info for someone else :)

I bought the Discotek Cagliostro BD just to have both English dub options as the UK BD only has the Streamline dub (which is awesome but I love the Manga Entertainment dub that's on the old UK DVD release from them as well!) Fair if you watch subbed only (I'm so sorry I can't remember if you've mentioned that on the forum here) but might be useful info for someone else :)

Ah, yeah, that's another reason I was going to pick up Discotek's 4K of Cagliostro as well (as it does come with the BD as well, right?). I usually always watch Lupin subbed the first time around but on re-watches I watch the dub or dubs in cases like this).

Ah, yeah, that's another reason I was going to pick up Discotek's 4K of Cagliostro as well (as it does come with the BD as well, right?). I usually always watch Lupin subbed the first time around but on re-watches I watch the dub or dubs in cases like this).

I think the Cagliostro 4K is standalone with no BD included? I will check for you though :) Discotek Media > Lupin The 3rd The Castle of Cagliostro Collectors Edition 4K HDR Blu-ray there's the release details for the 4k release of the film by them I think it is a standalone 4k disc and it says it has both dubs, the standard 1080p BD I have from them is this Discotek Media > LUPIN THE 3RD: THE CASTLE OF CAGLIOSTRO BLU-RAY COLLECTOR'S EDITION and definitely contains both dubs :)

I think the Cagliostro 4K is standalone with no BD included? I will check for you though :) Discotek Media > Lupin The 3rd The Castle of Cagliostro Collectors Edition 4K HDR Blu-ray there's the release details for the 4k release of the film by them I think it is a standalone 4k disc and it says it has both dubs, the standard 1080p BD I have from them is this Discotek Media > LUPIN THE 3RD: THE CASTLE OF CAGLIOSTRO BLU-RAY COLLECTOR'S EDITION and definitely contains both dubs :)

Ah, right, I do plan to get a 4K player eventually so I may just stick with that but won't put it out the question to buy the movie two more times if I decide to get the Discotek BD as well, I'm in this deep already 😂

1.jpeg
The Quintessential Quintuplets 2 arrived today. I have been waiting for the English release for this season for a bit, nice to it see arrive since its good have an easy version to grab, along with the Funimation English dub as well, which I also wanted to own.

Note: This of course is the US release, there is an upcoming UK release, but I would assume (till proven otherwise) that the slipcover will be dropped and the art cards may be dropped as well.

Since I doubt I will be the last to post about this, a couple of other things.
2.jpeg
there are 5 art cards included in the set (each one featuring one of the five Nakano sisters). These are based off the Mini shikishi included in the JP volumes of The Quintessential Quintuplets ∫∫. The art cards are a little cropped but the definition seems pretty good and seem decent enough (at least with this it won't randomly assigned). I will say though, A Limited edition could have used the excellent cover art of those sets as art cards.
3.jpg

Finally, if you have the LE for the first season, you can (just about) put the second in there if you remove the extras box and place the Mini shikishi included in one of the cases (might require switching cases).
4.jpeg
And that's it. The Quintessential Quintuplets Movie (which is the conclusion to all of this) has already been released in Japan and I'm waiting on news regarding the release over here (probably streaming only) and I also will be looking to import the JP blu-ray release, which hasn't been revealed yet.

Last edited:
July Batch #06

IHA2Egmh.jpg

One new arrival and release for this batch and it's The Quintessential Quintuplets Season 2 on Blu-ray from Crunchyroll. This is the first non-LE (& non-part) standard Blu-ray I had imported from this distributor since 2017 when I bought Space Dandy Season 2.

I like Quints, was a surprisingly enjoyable harem series and each girl is great. Itsuki being my favourite as some will know already (Nino is second place). The US set includes a slipcase and 5 artcards which I expect won't be included in the UK release.

HPfSnuph.jpg

Yeah I got the wrong colour Elfen Lied vinyl a while back. Their vinyl supplier is clearly not checking things properly!
That would only be the case if tiger lab (who did the elfen lied release) and Milan records used the same pressing plant and the incorrect sets were sent out.

I received two more AL Collector's Editions from AOL today. Unfortunately, the box for Princess Principal, which I had purchased as the Deal of the Week, was severely crushed in the lower left corner during shipping over here to the US. I was very disappointed to see that... :(

Update: So, issue taken care of - I just received a response from MVM, after I sent them a photo of the damage to the Princess Principal CE box last night:

Sorry to hear this arrived damaged, even when wrapped in bubblewrap.

Another copy will be sent today which we will try to put in double boxed. Don't worry about returning or re-paying. Feel free to do with the damaged copy as you wish.

Regards

Anime On Line

Thank you guys at MVM - you just made my day! 🥳

Last edited:
That would only be the case if tiger lab (who did the elfen lied release) and Milan records used the same pressing plant and the incorrect sets were sent out.
Either way I've twice been sent the wrong vinyl. A vinyl AL aren't even selling so it shouldn't have made it into their stock

Back