The Anime/Manga I Bought Today Was...

My BluRay of Chaika the coffin princess arrived from the US today. Disc one plays fine in my Region B player, despite it stating Region A on the case! I've noticed this with some other (non-anime) BRs (all but one of the Mel Brooks boxset and all the Humphrey Bogart collection). The remastered Tokyo Godfathers was A (but there was a DVD in the box as well).

I'm happy, as it saves me a whole minute swapping over to my multi region player.

Any others where they "forgot" the code?

My BluRay of Chaika the coffin princess arrived from the US today. Disc one plays fine in my Region B player, despite it stating Region A on the case! I've noticed this with some other (non-anime) BRs (all but one of the Mel Brooks boxset and all the Humphrey Bogart collection). The remastered Tokyo Godfathers was A (but there was a DVD in the box as well).

I'm happy, as it saves me a whole minute swapping over to my multi region player.

Any others where they "forgot" the code?
Chaika is geolocked rather than region locked. It’ll play on any blu-ray player except those with Japanese country code. Most Sentai releases are like that.

Chaika is geolocked rather than region locked. It’ll play on any blu-ray player except those with Japanese country code. Most Sentai releases are like that.
Ah, I assume this is due to the flaw in the region coding system, which has the US and Japan in the same region, and would mean (some cheapskate) Japanese people waiting for the much cheaper US releases otherwise.

I just pre-ordered the final two JP volumes of Moriarty The Patriot from CDJapan, to complete the series in my JP import collection:

Moriarty The Patriot 7 (English Subtitles) [Limited Release] [Blu-ray]
Moriarty The Patriot 8 (English Subtitles) [Limited Release] [Blu-ray]

BCXA-1569.jpg
BCXA-1570.jpg

Last edited:
Pre-ordered a couple titles for 2 November from Rightstuf last night, using a 10% off coupon:

Fire Force Season 2 Part 2 Limited Edition boxset
Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World BD/DVD Standard

Last edited:
Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Light Novel volume 1-10 paperback
Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Manga volumes 1-6 paperback

Been reading them on kindle and really enjoying it and so decided to get the lot on paperback. I really like the protagonist's personality and methods of dealing with things.

Yamada's First Time and Lupin III The First arrived this week, but I've been sidetracked rewatching Ouran High School Host Club (and wishing the live action version was available on DVD and not just a couple of Spanish subtitled episodes on youtube).

Well, with all the whining and moaning and gnashing of teeth about Fly Me to the Moon missing from the new Evangelion releases, I decided to go ahead and add the original DVDs of the series and the movies to my collection, just for completeness sake. I found a Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinium thinpak set for not too bad of a price, and also the Death and Rebirth and End of Evengelion DVDs, all in very good condition, so I'll have them coming to me soon. I did verify that all of them are originals and not bootlegs.

These ran me about the same price and will compliment the Ultimate Edition set I have on pre-order. All this money laid out, and I don't even care for the series, lol!

Volumes 11-24 of Attack on Titan from Bookwalker during the sale and coin back event I mentioned earlier. I used my 3000 odd ¥ in coins and in return got back ¥4000 which will go on the 4! volumes I've pre-ordered for Tuesday.
The 4 being:
Bloom into You Anthology
Kageki Shojo!
! Vol. 2
The Ancient Magus' Bride Vol. 15
Young Ladies Don't Play Fighting Games Vol. 1

I've got multiple items on order from Japan (stupidly placed an order, when I got some unforseen expenses the week after). I managed to pay for a partial order, with the following items:
  • Interspecies Reviewers - Part 1
  • Interspecies Reviewers - Part 2
  • Interspecies Reviewers - Part 3
Remaining items could hopefully be shipped out late next month.
Nice pickups farzam - if those were English friendly, I'd probably be all over them, but since they aren't I'm happy enough with just getting Rightstuf's uncensored steelbook coming out in December. Do you have that one on order too?

A fellow man of culture, I see! I have Redo of Healer already on pre-order from Rightstuf. Were you able to confirm the Japanese releases of those two series are actually uncensored or not? Just wondering since a lot of Japanese hentai stuff seems to be censored.

I meant censors on the blu-ray releases.. Either way, I’m only getting the JP releases because of the nice packaging, can’t watch them since they aren’t English friendly.
Ah fair enough. I recall Reviewers still had some censorship on the JP Blu-ray. Not as much as the broadcast at least. Think the US Blu-ray is the most uncensored version you'll find funnily enough

Back